Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2020, 02:52 PM

16,597 posts, read 19,824,730 times

Advertisements

I got bored of it pretty quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 10:20 PM

29,540 posts, read 22,833,084 times
Looong dry spell.

Nothing good out until April.

Hmmm, may be time to play Witcher 3 again since it's been over three years since I last played...

Old 01-15-2020, 07:23 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,925,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Looong dry spell.

Nothing good out until April.

Hmmm, may be time to play Witcher 3 again since it's been over three years since I last played...
Started playing Death Stranding, I found it SOOO boring! Did the same as you, started back playing Witcher, the complete edition. This should keep me occupied until April!

Old 01-15-2020, 09:12 PM

4,683 posts, read 3,890,597 times
I'm playing NBA Live 19. I didn't like NBA 2k at all, so I'm giving this a shot since I read it's based more on the "fun factor" & less about simulation, which I'm all about with games. So far it is better than 2k, but not by a lot. There are no micro-transactions here, & you actually get the full rosters & game from the get go unlike 2k so good job EA! Rosters also updated to the 2019/2020 season for me which was nice.

Rant: Maybe I'm just old, but I don't get modern basketball games. I don't care about creating a player & playing hours & hours to develop them. Or grinding away to get swag to wear in pick up games. I don't care about designing a court, or playing 1 on 1 games using All-Stars from the 80s. All I want to do is play a few seasons with my favorite team. Not a franchise where I act as the owner & have to do deal with salary, drafts, upgrades, & other garbage. It took me awhile how to figure out how to even start a season because the game kept pushing those other events on me. The menus look like they were designed by a 7th grader.
Also, I want the game to be fun, like the bb games in the late 90's & early 2000s. I don't need the passes & animations to be 99% realistic. Just make it fun, simple, & engaging. Basketball is about as fun of a game as you can play, so stop messing this up game designers. Less is best. End of Rant

Anyways, I am actually enjoying this game so far, but we'll see how it goes as I get into the playoffs.

Last edited by everwinter; 01-15-2020 at 09:21 PM..

Old 01-17-2020, 10:24 AM

29,540 posts, read 22,833,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Started playing Death Stranding, I found it SOOO boring! Did the same as you, started back playing Witcher, the complete edition. This should keep me occupied until April!
I was thinking of playing DS but looks so boring.

With the delay of Cyberpunk though may give it a ahot.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:24 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,202,044 times
I just started playing Mass Effect 1, 2, Jade Empire, and KOTOR again, but this time on the PC. Those games still hold up to the test of time.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:05 AM

16,597 posts, read 19,824,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Rant: Maybe I'm just old, but I don't get modern basketball games. I don't care about creating a player & playing hours & hours to develop them. Or grinding away to get swag to wear in pick up games. I don't care about designing a court, or playing 1 on 1 games using All-Stars from the 80s. All I want to do is play a few seasons with my favorite team. Not a franchise where I act as the owner & have to do deal with salary,
No, your not old. It's not an age thing. Give these companies credit for trying new stuff. Instead of just remaking the same game every year. I'm playing a little Madden 2020 and they have that, too. Start a guy from scratch and see how he does. I thought about trying it but I'm like you: I just want to see the Browns in the playoffs before I die. hahaha
But also, this is the first football game I've played in years. If I bought every season I might try some other game modes.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Give these companies credit for trying new stuff. Instead of just remaking the same game every year.
True. It's got to be hard being a company like EA or 2k & trying to innovate every single year. There's only so much you can do in sports video games, while still trying to keep your base fans.

I'm actually enjoying NBA Live 19 more now than when I posted about it above. I'm on my 2nd season. I'm still figuring things out, but overall it is a fun game.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:57 AM

Played through Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Now I'm playing COD: Ghosts.

I read a lot of players give disappointing reviews for Ghosts & say to skip it, but I'm enjoying it slightly more than COD 4 and AW. Though I'm having a blast with all of these COD games, having played them for the 1st time. Why did I wait this long before giving the franchise a try? Short campaigns, simple controls, no running around looting & wasting time upgrading, good mechanics, & FUN. Everything I love in a game.

I'm going to play through AW & Ghosts twice & then continue buying all the COD games available for the PS4. They're only about $5-$10.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:20 PM

4,588 posts, read 5,468,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Played through Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Now I'm playing COD: Ghosts.

I read a lot of players give disappointing reviews for Ghosts & say to skip it, but I'm enjoying it slightly more than COD 4 and AW.
I have Advanced Warfare and it was okay. Havent played it in a few years. I deleted Ghosts from my Steam library it was so bad.

As far as Ghosts is concerned, you have to remember that 95% of the people who purchase and play COD do so for the MULTIPLAYER aspect and NOT the campaign. That is why everyone says Ghosts is terrible because the MULTIPLAYER part really is not good. If you like playing the campaigns then go for it. You are definitely in the supreme minority of COD players who actually even play campaign because everyones focus is always on the multiplayer.

Modern Warfare is pretty darn good from what I've heard from my die hard COD series friends. Again, this is only multiplayer because no one plays campaign, but they say its a must have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games