Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 05:19 AM

4,683 posts, read 3,890,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
If you like playing the campaigns then go for it. You are definitely in the supreme minority of COD players who actually even play campaign because everyones focus is always on the multiplayer.
Ya, I'm one of the minority. I don't play online battles, or multiplayer. It makes me a little sad people aren't playing the campaigns, because they're really good. But they probably think it's sad I'm not playing COD multiplayer or online, so to each their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 07:32 AM

35,198 posts, read 31,539,531 times
I've been on a Fallout kick lately and finally cracked open 76 last night since it's sat on the shelf since Christmas. Truly awful.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:02 PM

572 posts, read 330,407 times
Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. a bit late to play it but it really worth it.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:37 PM

5 posts, read 2,081 times
Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Old 02-13-2020, 07:27 PM

4,683 posts, read 3,890,597 times
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

This is the 1st COD campaign I don't like. Combat feels more like online arena play, which is a negative to me. Also it has accolades/leveling system & weapon mods, which I'd rather not waste my time with. Maybe I'll like it more on 2nd playthrough.

Old 02-14-2020, 03:59 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,202,044 times
It's been a mix of KOTOR 1, Gwent, TW3 GOTY Edition, Dirt Rally, F1 2019, and Daemon X Machina.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:45 PM

300 posts, read 150,004 times
I don't have a lot of time, so it's rare that I actually get to play a game on my PS4. It takes hours to update each time I turn it on. WTF is that all about? Should we just sell it and go back to the older versions when you could play without waiting five hours for the updates? Does anyone else have this problem? I have the best net connection there is to be had here (high-speed fiber optic). By the time it's all finished, I need to go to sleep and I'm so frustrated that I can't try out my new games. Should I get an xbox instead or are they the same?

a few times I tried by-passing the update, but then the counter resets if you do that. I was half-way at 5 hours, by accidentally clicking on the Start App without updated reset back to zero and starts to update again.

200+ minutes left and now I need to sleep. No games for me, again. And I suspect tomorrow it will have to start over for the 3rd time in three days.

Before you say there's an option to play without the update, it slows the system down and it hangs over my head with security updates not being completed.

Gaming isn't fun under these circumstances. We need to have an option of playing OFFLINE. Why do they do this to us? It surely doesn't enhance our experience, at least, not mine. PS4 SUCKS!

Last edited by DaneThornberg; 02-18-2020 at 09:54 PM..

Old 02-19-2020, 03:05 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,296,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneThornberg View Post
I don't have a lot of time, so it's rare that I actually get to play a game on my PS4. It takes hours to update each time I turn it on. WTF is that all about? Should we just sell it and go back to the older versions when you could play without waiting five hours for the updates? Does anyone else have this problem? I have the best net connection there is to be had here (high-speed fiber optic). By the time it's all finished, I need to go to sleep and I'm so frustrated that I can't try out my new games. Should I get an xbox instead or are they the same?

a few times I tried by-passing the update, but then the counter resets if you do that. I was half-way at 5 hours, by accidentally clicking on the Start App without updated reset back to zero and starts to update again.

200+ minutes left and now I need to sleep. No games for me, again. And I suspect tomorrow it will have to start over for the 3rd time in three days.

Before you say there's an option to play without the update, it slows the system down and it hangs over my head with security updates not being completed.

Gaming isn't fun under these circumstances. We need to have an option of playing OFFLINE. Why do they do this to us? It surely doesn't enhance our experience, at least, not mine. PS4 SUCKS!
You have fiber and it takes forever?

A system update is under 1GB, game updates can be huge, but let's err on the size of super massive and call it 72Gb.

So that's 73Gb probably the largest feasible payload for playing one game.

At 1 Gbps (fiber, like xFinity). You'd expect s 73Gb download in 10 minutes give or take.

So I'm not sure about your issue, unless you're mistaken about your network speed, 5 hours for 72Gb is 4Mbps, you had half an update, so 2Mbps, however that's maximum payload chances are it was a mere 15Gb, so in 5 hours you received 7.5GB, for a network speed of 500kbps now that's at the console, not necessarily at the router.

If you do have fiber, and you do have 1Gbps download, and you know without doubt that's the case, you need to check your usage, because something on your network is chowing down on 99.95% of your bandwidth.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:04 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,202,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneThornberg View Post

You're the victim of a substandard ISP. Could be that or you have some neighbors borrowing some of your bandwidth. When I lived in Tejas, SuddenStink is the primary provider. They're awful! SuddenStink's CEO believes 50 megs is "fast." LOL! I would constantly be throttled when downloading patches or anything in excess of 2GB. The throttling would eventually lead to being disconnected and having to power cycle my modem in order to get back online. I don't have those issues with Xfinity. Yeah, people talk all kinds of smack about Comcast/Xfinity because they're unaware of how awful other ISPs really are. I get a solid and stable download speed of 200 - 220 megs a second.

As for games, Wolcen is a total mess. I was gifted it during the early access phase. It costed nothing on my end. It was uninstalled some years back, I almost forgot all about it, and was reminded of it when the video game YouTube press mentioned it had been released. However, it was obviously release waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early due to the money train having run out of funds. This game should have been left in the oven for another 6 months or longer. It definitely has potential but it's been tarnished due to the issues that still plague the game since the early access era.

Last edited by Creature of the Wheel; 02-19-2020 at 04:12 AM..

Old 02-20-2020, 07:03 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,289,274 times
Street Fighter V Championship Edition.

Interesting the abbreviation is SFV:CE should be "Complete Edition" since every edition before was basically ...incomplete...

...but now that it actually is complete, it's pretty dang good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games