Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 02:13 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,802,747 times

Advertisements

Yes, they all do. You will learn you can do some things with the mechs that you don't really expect from the tutorial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 04:15 PM

12,116 posts, read 8,509,193 times
I've just discovered MSN Mah Jong Alchemy and am working on that tough fourth level.

Am I the only one who plays a repetitive game like this and then goes to bed and when I close my eyes there the screen is imprinted on the inside of my eyelids?

Yikes.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:04 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,746,417 times
Just finished Uncharted 4

Very fun game, overall an 8.5/10 for me.

The good:
- Superb acting, some of the best I've experienced.
- Absolutely gorgeous, probably the prettiest game I've ever played, the different settings - cities and old ruins, jungles, etc. will make you just want to stop and stare for a little bit for each one. Best character animations I've seen in a video game to date.
- Really liked the controls, great third person shooting. Driving was also a joy, it felt much easier to me than for GTA V.
- Like an interactive action movie. It was like actually getting to be Indiana Jones.
- Good story, by the end I felt attached to the characters and wanted to spend more time with them.
- The game manages to lead you where to go, but not in an obnoxious way, every decision you make feels natural.
- Liked the mix of climbing, easy puzzle-solving and action.

The not-so good (for me at least)
- It was a little cutscene-heavy for my personal tastes
- Some of the story/dialogue was a little cheesy.
- Agree with the IGN critique that the last third of the game was a little bloated, I found myself getting impatient for the end.
- Bad guys are a little bullet spongy, but I guess you are too so it evens out.
- Didn't care for the epilogue chapter, but understand the need to wrap things up tidily for those who have been longtime fans of the series.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:06 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,915,017 times
I last played frogger

IM TRYING TO BEAT MY HIGH SCORE SO I CAN UPDATE MY THREAD!! (I cant seem to do it!!)

Old 04-11-2017, 08:54 PM

14,736 posts, read 14,719,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Just finished Uncharted 4

Very fun game, overall an 8.5/10 for me.

The good:
- Superb acting, some of the best I've experienced.
- Absolutely gorgeous, probably the prettiest game I've ever played, the different settings - cities and old ruins, jungles, etc. will make you just want to stop and stare for a little bit for each one. Best character animations I've seen in a video game to date.
- Really liked the controls, great third person shooting. Driving was also a joy, it felt much easier to me than for GTA V.
- Like an interactive action movie. It was like actually getting to be Indiana Jones.
- Good story, by the end I felt attached to the characters and wanted to spend more time with them.
- The game manages to lead you where to go, but not in an obnoxious way, every decision you make feels natural.
- Liked the mix of climbing, easy puzzle-solving and action.

The not-so good (for me at least)
- It was a little cutscene-heavy for my personal tastes
- Some of the story/dialogue was a little cheesy.
- Agree with the IGN critique that the last third of the game was a little bloated, I found myself getting impatient for the end.
- Bad guys are a little bullet spongy, but I guess you are too so it evens out.
- Didn't care for the epilogue chapter, but understand the need to wrap things up tidily for those who have been longtime fans of the series.
I really enjoyed the UC4 campaign, too and agree about the environment. I found the multiplayer too confusing though, so I haven't picked it up after beating it the first time.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:40 PM

29,533 posts, read 22,801,559 times
Still playing Horizon, really like this game a lot.

Borrows many elements and mechanics from other games, but creates its own lovely style.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:40 PM

Yeah, really liked HZD. The same, but a lot different. IYKWIM

Just finished Sniper Elite 4. The next one I will buy used after the price goes down. Not worth paying full retail for such a short game. The aiming and binocular functions are crap. Probably the worst I've ever seen.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:51 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,915,017 times
I last played DONKEY KONG Jr (Coleco)

Old 04-15-2017, 08:23 PM

29,533 posts, read 22,801,559 times
Finished Horizon Zero Dawn.

Will be a dry spell until April 25th when Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 comes out. Loved the first two in the series.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:39 PM

If you played HZD on "normal" bump it up a level and go again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games