Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 AM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Really coming down outside here....good coating on the ground. I'm at about 1300', about 3 miles from Spruce Peak/Mansfield in Stowe.
Interesting. Really not sure where thats coming from. Have to look at BTV discussion. The snow showers over NY is from Lake Effect but the snow in VT is coming from the North

Radar Loop.

Surface Map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 AM

BTV mentions a weak trough dropping down but will dissipate as the Ridge builds in. Could nice days ahead

"AS OF 600 AM EST MONDAY...ISSUED UPDATE TO ACCT FOR INCR -SW
ACTIVITY OVER NORTHERN PORTIONS OF THE CVLY...ESPECIALLY ON THE VT
SIDE OF THE LAKE...OVER THE PAST COUPLE HRS. SOME AREAS NEAR THE
CANADIAN BORDER COULD SEE A DUSTING TO AN INCH BFR TAPERING
OFF...BUT MOST SPOTS A DUSTING AT BEST
. TEMPS ALSO ADJUSTED DOWN
BY A FEW DEGREES BASED ON LATEST OBS. PARTIAL CLRING OCCURRING OVER
N NY BUT WILL NOT LAST AND WILL ACCT FOR THEIR CURRENT DROP DUE
TO RADIATIONAL COOLING.

PREVIOUS DISCUSSION...CLDY SKIES PERSIST OVER THE NORTH COUNTRY
THIS MORNING AS REGION REMAINS UNDER NORTHERLY FLOW WITH HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDING SLOWLY SE OUT OF ONTARIO. INVERSION IN PLACE
HELPING TO KEEP LOW CLDS OVER AREA...BUT WILL SLOWLY DISSIPATE
THRU THE DAY AS RIDGE APPROACHES. WILL CONTINUE W/ MENTION OF
--SW...ESPECIALLY FOR HIR TRRN...THRU THE MORNING HRS. WK TROUGH
OVER CENTRAL QUEBEC MAY DROP ACROSS THE AREA AND MAY HELP TO
ENHANCE MTN SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF
."

Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,963,886 times
I would say we got about an inch this morning, sun popped up about an hour ago though lol.

This was at 7am.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,664,047 times
They are calling for some sun today and any accumulation outside of higher elevations will be gone. The Nor'easter that's heading this way on Wednesday into Thursday is supposed to pass through the state fairly rapidly (according to the weather report this morning).

Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,375,064 times
Wanted to recommend (not discouraging this here VT thread, but am encouraging people to also consult) another state's weather thread-
New Connecticut Weather Thread

Reason being that from reading the Hurricane Sandy thread in the CT forum, I'd noticed that nearby state is where Cambium posts a lot of weather info. & often the maps/charts/forecasts depict, relate to, address weather for surrounding New England states (VT/NH/ME/MA).

Dang it's cold here-would really like snow (my reward/compensation for it being cold ).
Precip. of various chilly sorts is predicted for late Weds./early Thurs., so we'll see what we get...

Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,664,047 times
This mornings weather forecast shows the system missing most of the state with the exception of southern Vermont. It looks like it will be a mix of freezing rain and snow for the sections it passes over. Then the extended forecast shows another warm up next week.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vette View Post
This mornings weather forecast shows the system missing most of the state with the exception of southern Vermont. It looks like it will be a mix of freezing rain and snow for the sections it passes over. Then the extended forecast shows another warm up next week.
Yeah, go figure... The coast gets snow first before Vermont. Strange. In fact Many areas got the biggest November snowfall ever. Both snowstorm, and most snow for the month.

Here's 2 pics for you that I took.
This is the Merrit Parkway going south next morning.

Night of the storm near the coast. 250' up.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:31 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,940,013 times
Well, for what it's worth - nice pics! I had actually considered cutting the grass today but ran out of daylight. We have a chance of snow/sleet/freezing rain in our forecast overnight, but nothing like your're getting in the new snow belt.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Well, for what it's worth - nice pics! I had actually considered cutting the grass today but ran out of daylight. We have a chance of snow/sleet/freezing rain in our forecast overnight, but nothing like your're getting in the new snow belt.
lol.. the new snow belt. lol. Actually I have a crazy stat I just put together. Philly has more snow than Chicago or Denver this decade and the same as Minneapolis.. (2010-2012)

--------------

I should give you guys the heads up... We could be dealing with a messy storm come Thanksgiving. Latest Euro shows 5-10" of snow for all of Vermont on the 22nd.

If that comes true it will be nice Thanksgiving dinner, something that reminds me of the 80s but for travel reasons it might be worth staying on top of this storm.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,940,013 times
My wife and I drive to Concord, NH each Thanksgiving, so I appreciate the heads up. BTW - I did cut the grass yesterday wearing shorts and sneakers like it was summer again. This wasn't a record for late-season mowing though. About ten years back I did it on 11/15.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont