Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 12:28 AM

230 posts, read 92,026 times

Advertisements

Because I am a believer in the super natural and the spirit world and wierd and wonderful and not so wonderful creatures.

I must sayme and my wife saw a LOCH NESS MONSTER here in British Columbia, up here it is known as the OGOPOGO, or SHUSHEE of Sushap Lake for that is where we saw it..at Little River.

For its there that the Lake starts as it flows down and into the South Thompson River. For it was THEN and that time of year when the salmon were heading to a nearby spawning river called Adams River... and I do love fishing, and was a fishing guide in my younger years.

Anyway, we saw circular waves about three feet high hitting the shores on both side as the River narrowed. Think again circular waves, perfcetl circular waves...are impossible as the generation would have to come from within or just BELOW. There were no boats around. I stopped the vechicle, but our camera was not ready to go and I was slow on the trigger...

My wife saw the head and back portion I did not, mucking with the camera tooo much.

But there was the so called Monster surely sucking up its Lake prey of salmon before heading back to the depths of the Lake...

I am a believer.... theres more to life than what we see...

OCS

David

But then again, I can not proselytize non believers, who havent seen or experienced the almost supernatural, or the SUPER-NATURAL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 02:40 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
So... what did it look like? Did you stay and watch because it might come up again (and then you would have seen it too)? If so, how long did you stay?

Were you excited at seeing it? Fearful?
Any pictures of the environment or of the river without the monster? Any pictures after you had seen it?
How large were the waves - 3 feet high must have been an enormous body making that amount of disturbance.
Did you look into the water/river hoping to see a dark shadow under the surface?

Tell us more if there is more.

People on here will say "pictures or it didn't happen"

Old 08-02-2018, 08:29 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
How can you see the Loch Ness monster in a Canadian lake? What, was he on vacation? Taking a break from Scotland to travel to Canada during summer to drink some Molsons and do some fishing?

Seriously, you claim not to have seen the beast, but simply waves apparently from nowhere. This is typical of large deep lakes, Loch Ness also has this issue - the lakes actually create there own weather. I've been to Loch Ness, beautiful lake, actually quite busy, large city on one end and a highway that gets lots of traffic on the north side. But also, no monster. Just about every square inch of the lake has been mapped out and it's under constant video survellence since that technology existed.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So... what did it look like? Did you stay and watch because it might come up again (and then you would have seen it too)? If so, how long did you stay?

Were you excited at seeing it? Fearful?
Any pictures of the environment or of the river without the monster? Any pictures after you had seen it?
How large were the waves - 3 feet high must have been an enormous body making that amount of disturbance.
Did you look into the water/river hoping to see a dark shadow under the surface?

Tell us more if there is more.

People on here will say "pictures or it didn't happen"
We only stayed about 15 minutes, as the waves stopped and a new sighting was improbable. IE...surely with such a concentration of easy to catch salmon who were already deleted of energy after their long return to their designated River of birth, they would surely have been full, and might return later as the salmon runs, is intermittent and different salmon species come up at different times....

Excited sure, afraid NO, it was out on the water we were on th highway, SEE and check out the GOOGLE MAP... it would take you only seconds or minutes to find the spot... right next to the Marina on the main TransCanada Highway on Little River Shuswap.

We were about 200 yards from the center... but the waves were lapping both shores... as a fisherman, I had never seen circular waves before and of course this caught my eye. A three foot wave, means from trough to crest. The river is flowing rather fast there as it narrows down to Little River.

Again check GOOGLE maps..

But then again, I not HERE to proseltize you, or make you believers... I am just telling you what we saw, and put online

Not sallowed to post that hyperlink...but you can find it if interested.

Have you not seen any thing out of the ordinary ? I prefer conversations rather than questions only one way

Old 08-02-2018, 09:47 AM

"How waves created the Loch Ness Monster"

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/video...e-loch-ness-m/

Also explains why you see circular wave patterns in a lake.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,595,331 times
The Loch Ness monster story isn't about the supernatural. It's about a physical creature that either exists or it doesn't.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
What the heck. Is this thread some kind of bait and switch. I feel like i have been set up. What kind of response did you expect? Seriously? I claim entrapment.
This is a serious down to Earth Thread about an out of the ordinary experience which I detailed HERE and have had online for years and years...

If you have serious questions ask them, but this according to the MODERATOR HERE TELLYMON, is for believers, not for disbelievers. But if in disbelief of the ordinary and nothing ever happens to you, so be it, not a problem. If you want to hear about what others have experienced or sensed or encountered, do come HERE with respect rather than feeling you have been trapped.. Note Tellymom sticky.. shes the moderator and I am not here to proselytize you or anyone.

Welcome to the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum - a place for sharing experiences and asking questions about out-of-the-ordinary happenings.

This is NOT a forum for prosthelytizing or for bashing members who hold worldviews that differ from yours.

All participants in this forum are expected to be respectful of others' views and opinions, and posts that do not follow these guidelines will be dealt with in accordance with City-Data's Terms of Service.

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Just a warning -- I am big on manners. Before you hit post reply, re-read your post and make sure you're not making something worse.

Please report posts which violate the Terms of Service instead of engaging in flame wars. You can report posts by clicking on the triangle icon on the banner at the top of the offending post. It will ask you why you're reporting it, fill in the box and send it off, and I will get an email alerting me to action. (Of course, I have to get the email, and I have an outside job and am not online all the time -- so give me time to respond)

End of her STICKY FORUM Rules excerpt..

Ha as she also has a problem speeling the out of the ordinary spelling of proselitizing..

Old 08-02-2018, 10:14 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
It's an unexplained mystery. This forum is for Unexplained mysteries and paranormal.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
This is a serious down to Earth Thread about an out of the ordinary experience which I detailed HERE and have had online for years and years.....
Dude, sometimes you just gotta have a thick skin and roll with it...

Old 08-02-2018, 11:34 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
I saw a Loch Ness monster in our hunting camp lake about 20 years ago. I rowed over to it to say 'Hi' and found out it was two 45 pound snapping turtles mating on top of the water. They were rolling over and over and seemed oblivious to me watching. From a distance I could easily picture that they could be mistaken for a Nessie.

Sometimes it just takes time until we find out the truth. We cannot always row over to the 'monster' and find out what we thought was unexplained. Some of the Canadian lakes have very large fish; especially if they are connected to the ocean. It is hard to say what one observed without more information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal