Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:20 PM

306 posts, read 335,873 times

Advertisements

David- You saw waves, not Nessie? Why do you jump to having seen Nessie? Nothing in your description leads to this conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 09:56 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,798,145 times
The main problem I see with "Loch Ness" monster type sightings is, if these are air breathing animals, then they have to come up for air. Put a few Go-Pros around a lake where one is reported to live and, if one is around, sooner or later its (or one of its relatives, there can never be just "one") will pop up.

Failing that, call me dubious.

Rich

Old 08-02-2018, 10:13 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan
...Have you not seen any thing out of the ordinary ? I prefer conversations rather than questions only one way
I am sure you would prefer discussion to questions however, when you dont give any details, what do you expect? When people are having conversations and discussions in a bar for example, you cannot expect to talk and put your point of view without the others asking questions and wanting more information. Then they usually give their opinion also.

This is not a soapbox or a platform for a surmon so you have to expect questions.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:42 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
By the way; I was serious in post #16 about seeing two large snapping turtles mating on the top of the water in the middle of a decent size lake. If I only saw them from shore I would have never known what I was watching and could have thought I saw a monster. It is only that I was fishing in a small boat that I could approach them and then determine exactly what I was watching.

The reason I am repeating this is because I would like to know if anybody else has ever seen amorous snapping turtles in a pond or lake? If you saw two large turtles, like I saw, you would not forget the experience. Here is one YouTube video I found; but these are not as active as the two turtles I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYuxg473Kdw

Old 08-03-2018, 03:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
There are quite a few older reports from people in the area, that saw this thing on land, the descriptions were all pretty much the same, long neck, head like a horse, etc

Old 08-03-2018, 04:51 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are quite a few older reports from people in the area, that saw this thing on land, the descriptions were all pretty much the same, long neck, head like a horse, etc
I always liked Heuvelman's suggestion that these sea/lake monsters were sightings of an unknown long-necked pinniped rather than a reptile or dinosaur. Reports of long-necked seals go back to the 18th century at least:

The Long-necked seal, described 1751 – Tetrapod Zoology

Some of the characteristics in various reports (manes, for example, and rubbery skin) suggest a mammal rather than a reptile. Also, there was a recording of echolocation sounds in Lake Champlain - something that cetaceans do, but that is unknown as far as I know in reptiles or other mammals. Which might suggest an unknown long-necked cetacean of some sort in the lake.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:03 PM

17,563 posts, read 13,339,567 times
So, the LOCH NESS MONSTER has moved to British Columbia

How did it cross the Scottish Highlands?

Old 08-03-2018, 07:15 PM

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
I thought "Nessie" had been found long ago to be a huge sturgeon, that had grown very large in its older age. The largest European sturgeon (beluga) ever found measured 24 feet. British Columbia's largest on record was over 12 feet.
https://www.adventuresportsnetwork.c...-fraser-river/

Old 08-03-2018, 10:25 PM

230 posts, read 92,051 times
Yea, we have big sturgeons, that survived the worldwide flood, but that thread was closed, and three evolution threads of mine have been closed and locked as science and explaining mysteries is too disheartening for the atheists and evolutionists, so will be banning me by the morning... Catch you all later... you;ll be seeing a lot of wierd and wonderful and NOT SO WONDERFUL CREATURES in the near future. Be prepared and realisz, some do not want you prepared mentally or spiritually

Love ya's

IHS

David

Old 08-04-2018, 04:38 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I thought "Nessie" had been found long ago to be a huge sturgeon, that had grown very large in its older age. The largest European sturgeon (beluga) ever found measured 24 feet. British Columbia's largest on record was over 12 feet.
https://www.adventuresportsnetwork.c...-fraser-river/

That is probably the best guess for any sightings in British Columbia. I believe that snapping turtles in Canada are restricted to the Southcentral and Eastern southern locations. One other possible candidate is the North American river otter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...an_river_otter.

Not all sightings of something unexplained are from known distances. Many times the observer might think they are farther away or closer than the actual distance. So sometimes turtles or otters or even smaller fish could be mistaken for a large creature. I have seen muskellunge move through the shallower areas of large rivers and leave a very large wake. I believe the largest muskellunge ever caught was just over six feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal