Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 08:34 AM

6,221 posts, read 5,996,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
One other possible candidate is the North American river otter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...an_river_otter.
I think otters sometimes follow each other in a row (playing or maybe mating behavior); if you get a row of three or four you've got something that looks like a "serpent" with multiple humps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 09:43 AM

230 posts, read 93,379 times
Is a wikipedia LINK acceptable HERE ? Is it an accepted LINK source or redirected source ?

Or is it the great judge and discerner we should go to to discern whether a truth is a truth or not.

That is the question.

To be wikied or to be wikinot-ed ?

Old 08-04-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint8ball View Post
David- You saw waves, not Nessie? Why do you jump to having seen Nessie? Nothing in your description leads to this conclusion.
I saw the waves and I saw the darkened head, but I was fumbling with my camera trying to get it to shoot. But we wife saw the hump and head and next hump.... and my wife never lies.... and is totally dependable unless you want to personally interrogate her. Mind she is not as mild and tolerant as I. So I wouldnt suggest you call her a liar.

SEE and study Ask me questions on UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES I am allowed to send you inward for more true stories and possible explanations

Old 08-04-2018, 10:03 AM

6,221 posts, read 5,996,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
SEE and study Ask me questions on UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES I am allowed to send you inward for more true stories and possible explanations
And we're allowed to ask questions like the one flint8ball raised, and provide alternate explanations (including scientific ones) for the claims people are making.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:08 AM

989 posts, read 2,455,044 times
Quote:
Because I am a believer in the super natural and the spirit world and wierd and wonderful and not so wonderful creatures.

I must sayme and my wife saw a LOCH NESS MONSTER here in British Columbia, up here it is known as the OGOPOGO, or SHUSHEE of Sushap Lake for that is where we saw it..at Little River.

For its there that the Lake starts as it flows down and into the South Thompson River. For it was THEN and that time of year when the salmon were heading to a nearby spawning river called Adams River... and I do love fishing, and was a fishing guide in my younger years.

Anyway, we saw circular waves about three feet high hitting the shores on both side as the River narrowed. Think again circular waves, perfcetl circular waves...are impossible as the generation would have to come from within or just BELOW. There were no boats around. I stopped the vechicle, but our camera was not ready to go and I was slow on the trigger...

My wife saw the head and back portion I did not, mucking with the camera tooo much.

But there was the so called Monster surely sucking up its Lake prey of salmon before heading back to the depths of the Lake...

I am a believer.... theres more to life than what we see...

OCS

David

But then again, I can not proselytize non believers, who havent seen or experienced the almost supernatural, or the SUPER-NATURAL
And then he said, "I need about three fiddy"

Old 08-04-2018, 10:18 AM

6,834 posts, read 2,427,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
So, the LOCH NESS MONSTER has moved to British Columbia

How did it cross the Scottish Highlands?
Did come there legally or illegally?

Old 08-04-2018, 10:35 AM

18,779 posts, read 18,338,817 times
Quote:
I saw the waves and I saw the darkened head, but I was fumbling with my camera trying to get it to shoot. But we wife saw the hump and head and next hump.... and my wife never lies.... and is totally dependable unless you want to personally interrogate her. Mind she is not as mild and tolerant as I. So I wouldnt suggest you call her a liar.

We are not going to call you or your wife a liar. But we can question her, or you, about what you actually saw. There is always a chance that she saw a log that just started to float. Or maybe you saw otters or a sturgeon? It is not a matter of who is dependable or not; you basically said you have no pictures. So we have no 'evidence' other than your word. I am not suggesting you are wrong. It is just that your sighting proves nothing towards proving the existence of any sea monster. It would be a starting point for further research; especially if others also made similar observations.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
How can you see the Loch Ness monster in a Canadian lake? What, was he on vacation? Taking a break from Scotland to travel to Canada during summer to drink some Molsons and do some fishing?

Seriously, you claim not to have seen the beast, but simply waves apparently from nowhere. This is typical of large deep lakes, Loch Ness also has this issue - the lakes actually create there own weather. I've been to Loch Ness, beautiful lake, actually quite busy, large city on one end and a highway that gets lots of traffic on the north side. But also, no monster. Just about every square inch of the lake has been mapped out and it's under constant video survellence since that technology existed.
No he or she was in the Family, Phylum, Species and or KIND of the Lock Ness Monster, as we call'em the Ogopogo or Shussy Here as mentioned as this group has had many sightings HERE.

Do the reseacrh.

And Ye, I drink the Molson beer, but not the Muslims, the whites are giving the Muslims a rather tough time, and Yes I do love my fishing

Research and find and study GO DEEP by **...

Maybe I can get away helping you find a LINK rather than me posting one.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:19 AM

Sorry, thats a Canadian word, we use out of respect for others. Som,e countries never use it.... but then again Canadians are probably more self righteous than any around the world... Sorry I didnt get the gender of Shussy, that biologically is usually on the anterior side rather than the posterior.... and as mentioned it, he or she was not dead and floating upside down but vacuuming up salmon, noted by the circular waves.

Study circular waves, they are impossible without a central cause and the effect.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:21 AM

Ha, there is a biological joke about determining gender and its labeling side. But allow me to post that afterwards, as a bonus POST concerning the human post clarification...

But its nothing to giggle about if we are mature and biological..... and scientific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal