Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:37 AM

13,137 posts, read 22,937,551 times

Advertisements

I'd take the Wizard gig and run with it.

Gandalf: You Shall not Pass (SA Wardega) Hobbit - YouTube

Old 02-07-2014, 12:37 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,234,128 times
Or maybe they call each other so that they keep you believing and giving them money.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:41 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,873,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'd take the Wizard gig and run with it.

Gandalf: You Shall not Pass (SA Wardega) Hobbit - YouTube
LMAO. Love the conductor at the end. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" "The police will be here." HAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 AM

7,087 posts, read 7,023,289 times
What is it about being a wizard that makes you feel good? The power, the label? What really IS a wizard? Isn't it just someone who is developed and who has occult or hidden knowledge?

As an example and illustration, when I was younger many people told me I was a healer, and that gave me a feeling of being different and being special, that I could make a difference to others through helping them 'heal'. For a time I was following what I was told, but I realised that some of it (maybe all?) was an ego-feed and I did not want to get caught up with that so I stopped. I also realised that we can pass on or pick up unwanted energies from others and that until I really and truly understood what I was doing, it was probably better to avoid that possibility. There are many ways to help people and probably the most "spiritual" people are the humblest and unassuming. If it is our destiny to do something, then the Universe will guide us there when the time is right if we allow it to.

Some folks say that we can all help others by developing ourselves and becoming a 'beacon of light' and it is often said that great masters affect the environment around them which would support the beacon of light theory. So, although my religious parents would have said that developing oneself is a more selfish way to go, now I feel that that is a better way to become more spiritual in the long run. Of course, this is only a personal viewpoint and may not resonate with you at all.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:05 AM

332 posts, read 502,023 times
My oldest niece keeps telling me her daddy's the tooth fairy.

I tend to believe her.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 AM

7,087 posts, read 7,023,289 times
Quote:
My oldest niece keeps telling me her daddy's the tooth fairy.
I tend to believe her.
Good for you. What is the point of your comment above?
We all have strange beliefs which others dont agree with and think silly.
Even scientists who pride themselves on logical thinking and proof-based beliefs have cherished beliefs which the need to stick to. For example, as soon as ET is proved there will be many people who no longer believe in religious docterines. When that happens, those religious docterines will seem to have been silly beliefs too, yet there are millions who devoutly believe in the truth of them now.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:41 PM

112 posts, read 178,072 times
Been there, told that same thing over 60 yrs. ago, interesting life, but not as inspiring as it was when I was many years younger.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:02 PM

332 posts, read 502,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Good for you. What is the point of your comment above?
We all have strange beliefs which others dont agree with and think silly.
Even scientists who pride themselves on logical thinking and proof-based beliefs have cherished beliefs which the need to stick to. For example, as soon as ET is proved there will be many people who no longer believe in religious docterines. When that happens, those religious docterines will seem to have been silly beliefs too, yet there are millions who devoutly believe in the truth of them now.
Whoa, just having a laugh. Chill out. Most people hear wizard and think Harry Potter etc. I don't discount the possibility of the paranormal.

Have a nice day.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:22 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,269,957 times
You are. You're making your money magically appear in their bank accounts.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 AM

3,383 posts, read 6,657,345 times
I have had 5 different palm readers (across the country, mind you) tell me I'm a witch with an affinity for herbal healing, due to the pentagram I have in the lines on my palms.

I guess they are pretty correct, since I have 2 green thumbs and do fairly well with herbs and herbal remedies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal