Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,189,103 times

Advertisements

Sorry Charles, I didn't mean to overlook your post and re-post the same information. That's annoying, and I didn't do it on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,670,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
To play Devil's Advocate, how many bones or animal bodies of any kind have you found in the woods? Combine this with the fact that Sasquatch allegedly lives in the most remote places left on Earth (the Pacific Northwest, Himalayas, etc.), what are the chances someone would happen across the body of an extremely rare species in one of the densest forests of North America?

Between 1992 and 1994, scientists confirmed the existance of two previously unknown species of large ungulates living in Vietnam (the muntjac or barking deer, and the Vu Quang ox - a type of wild cow). As such, the possibility of a large primate living in the remote forests of North America is not at all outside the realm of possibility.

This encounter is one of the most compelling I have read to date.

Why was the Coelocanth classified as extinct until one was caught off the coast of Africa in 1938?

Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,060,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
....Seriously...take the Fouke Monster legend from Arkansas. More or less proven as a hoax, but why , with all the hunters in Arkansas, had one never managed to bring a dead Bigfoot home to show everyone?.....
Also, every animal you can imagine has been hit and killed by cars and trucks.... yet not one bigfoot has ever been killed on a road or highway.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So you want to spout off and be oh so right and then you ignore my statements and my offer extends to you as well. Like many you will just ignore it. I don't need to take any sissies with me either.I have been where the real deal happens. You haven't.
Then why don't you go out there alone again or with a friend and record it and take pictures of it? A small recorder and digital camera can be bought for under $100.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 PM

Reread the article. Nowhere does it say it's been proved.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,292,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
There you go spouting off again. You have asked a couple of people on this thread to go camping with you and they would be scared to death because of bigfoot. You tell people to run when they starting swaying side to side because they are sending signals to another bigfoot. You tell skeptics on here they will change their mind if they go out with you and have bigfoot throw rocks at them or you put a coat covered with animal scent on them. You say you know people that live in areas where bigfoot is and they don`t like it when others come and stir them up because your friends then have to deal with bigfoot after the rebel rousers leave. Now you say you don`t have a lock on where they are? So in previous post you act like you know where they are and when called out on it, you now say you only know the states but not the locations.

I`ve already said it on here several times before, but I`ll say it again. Don`t get your panties in a wad because someone is a skeptic. I`m not saying 100% that they don`t exist, but I find it highly unlikely after decades of research and tracking. The reason is because there are supposedly people that live in those remote areas that say they see and hear bigfoot quite often. For decades we have people saying they live near them and see and hear them. So real geuine scientist and trackers go to where all of this activity is, but they never see them.

For those that say, we find new species from time time, that may be true. But scientist stumble upon those species. On the other hand, there have been hundreds of scientist actually looking for BF for decades, exactly where the so called sightings and stories come from. But have yet to find anything. THey actually comb those areas with expensive equipment and always come up empty. That`s why I find it hard to beleive. If they had only been searching for a few years,that would be one thing. But decade after decade all over the world and no BF. Just seems like a stretch to me.
Whine all you want. No i don't have a lock on them. I do know where some hang a bit. There are quite a few although you don't know that. Trackers etc do go to these places.And the do see them on occasion. It costs money to do this stuff and a lot of time. Why should anyone just pony it up to you joe the nonbeliever. Once you actually get to know some of these people then you will understand.

Don't believe i don't care a bit. Get your butt out there and away from a computer and you might learn something. You comment that i should take me a language comprehension tape with me shows a very inexperienced person. I don't listen to audio tapes out in the field.

I constantly run into Mopes that say they camped from here to heck and back all alone and with no fire and never had an experience. Why would you go do so much camping and not have afire. Unless i am bigfooting then i always have a fire.Multiple individuals all across the world by themselves and camping with no fire! SURE! Go back and read this thread or the other recent one and you will see a couple that posted right here.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Look this over.

Hikers take flight when what they thought was a bear resembles Bigfoot

Old 12-03-2012, 03:22 PM

Most researchers are calling BS. NUT JOB

Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM

If people don't know what they're looking at they speculate and convince themselves it's an animal what they want to see or they totally refute it One of the issues I have with a lot of BF enthusiast OR those denying existence is that they have no outdoor experience and don't know how to identify wildlife sightings and sounds or photos.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Then why don't you go out there alone again or with a friend and record it and take pictures of it? A small recorder and digital camera can be bought for under $100.

It is very hard to get a picture. You have to be ready at the exact moment.Anything i have seen moving was moving way to fast through the brush to even think about a phto I myself don't really have to have me a photo and the work just to get one is very time consuming and costly.After about 3 days i am wore out and say to heck with these critters i am going home. Seeing glimpses of some animal is a lot different than getting a photo.Another thing i have noted is that once i am around and they are moving in around and surrounding and crashing brush and stomping feet and shaking tress and throwing rocks it is a great rush and at the same time i am wondering why in the hell i wanted to do this anyway. I have only taken 3 guys to the woods with me and only one would ever go back. These things sense when you are looking for them and get more elusive. Laugh all you want or deny it, it won't change my day one bit.

PS. I own several digital cameras.To enhance digital photos you really need at least a 16 Mega pixel camera to equal the old 35 mm film. I have about 2k invested in BF'n equipment.
Try this. Take your Digital camera out with you and do it for hey two weeks even and then show us how many wild animal photos you have. You need to be within at least 50 ft. Just the same distance you would be expecting me to take a BF photo. That's fair isn't it. You are telling me to go get you a photo so now i am telling you to go get a photo and then you will learn how hard it really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal