Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 PM

7,001 posts, read 6,926,318 times

Advertisements

Ok, so just as an example, say one was captured.

a) we would want to do tests to destruction. That means we would want to cut it up, poke it, prod it, test it for this that and the other. We would want to see if it could help us cure disease by using its antibodies etc etc. Basically, mankind is terrible. The ET film might have been fiction, but it is just the kind of reaction the authorities and scientists would have if we captured one.

b) What would happen if we found that the DNA was TOTALLY different from ours? So we have just found another species which is bi-pedal and does not descend from homo sapiens. Can you imagine the huge number of people who would be uncomfortable about this? Some religions reckon we have "dominion over the beasts of the field and fowls of the air", so what happens when we find one who is as intelligent or more so than us ? Do we still have dominion over them?

What happens if it is an alien? Different DNA means different origin means that things did not start as we have been led to believe...

It is fine when we discover a new fish or new 4-legged animal, but one which looks and acts like a human is too close for comfort for a lot of people.

As far as not getting photographs of it - movement detectors use infra red detectors to determine movement. If these bigfoots can see into the infrared range, then they see like a (infrared) flood light shining and they avoid it. It is no wonder we have no pictures from these cameras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,508,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Ok, so just as an example, say one was captured.

a) we would want to do tests to destruction. That means we would want to cut it up, poke it, prod it, test it for this that and the other. We would want to see if it could help us cure disease by using its antibodies etc etc. Basically, mankind is terrible. The ET film might have been fiction, but it is just the kind of reaction the authorities and scientists would have if we captured one.

b) What would happen if we found that the DNA was TOTALLY different from ours? So we have just found another species which is bi-pedal and does not descend from homo sapiens. Can you imagine the huge number of people who would be uncomfortable about this? Some religions reckon we have "dominion over the beasts of the field and fowls of the air", so what happens when we find one who is as intelligent or more so than us ? Do we still have dominion over them?

What happens if it is an alien? Different DNA means different origin means that things did not start as we have been led to believe...

It is fine when we discover a new fish or new 4-legged animal, but one which looks and acts like a human is too close for comfort for a lot of people.

As far as not getting photographs of it - movement detectors use infra red detectors to determine movement. If these bigfoots can see into the infrared range, then they see like a (infrared) flood light shining and they avoid it. It is no wonder we have no pictures from these cameras.
More excuses for why thousands of people tracking bigfoot for decades have offered up no proof. We have discovered and taken pictures of galaxies light years away, we have pictures of species that only exist miles under the ocean where no light penetrates, we have vehicles landing on Mars taking pictures, we have men walking and building space stations in space, we can fly unmanned spacecraft through space. But, thousands of people, with all of the technology we posess, can`t take a picture of a creature in the woods? People say they have heard it. Many say they have seen it. But somehow,the people who say these things never have a camera ready. But the people tracking it with all of the sophisticated equipment, they are the ones that never see it. The only people that see it are the ones without the cameras. Or maybe it`s like another poster said, there are pictures! But noone wants to become famous or rich by providing the pictures....alrighty then.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,275,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Why would anyone want to share pictures? Really? Why do we share pictures of other animals that have been discovered? Why do we share pictures of outer space? Why do we share pictures of newly discovered sea creatures? Why do we share new inventions or knowledge of any sort? Sorry, but until all of these people show proof that something exist, how can we believe it? I`m not making fun of anyone. But if there are people being made fun of for believing in bigfoot, then all they have to do is show proof and the skepticism would stop. It`s easy for anyone to claim something is true but never show any proof. We could all claim we saw a variety of things and then get an attitude when noone believes us. So let`s just believe whatever anyone says. I`m not saying it can`t be true. I`m just saying I`m skeptical because of all the people that claim they have seen something, they haven`t shown any proof!
Pictures are super hard to get. Most get called BLOBSQUATCHS. Because it just mostly looks like a BLOB.
This can be illustrated by taking a photo at a Zoo of the chimps or Gorillas while standing in the bushes of their compound. You will then see how hard it is to actually get a photo that can be accepted by people as the real deal.

Check out these you tubes by MK DAVIS (http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s&search_type= )this man has done a lot of video that have been taken.You also need to keep up to speed by reading the Bigfoot type forums as well. That is where the newest photos first show up.
Another thing to consider as to why people don't share photos and videos. There is a$10 million dollar reward for a body of a BF. Would you release a BF photo of one on your farm/ranch? Would you be worried about Trespassers with rifles trespassing on your property?

Messing with Bigfoot. I know quite a few people from BF areas and the local people that will talk with you all say. You go messing with them and they will start messing with you. My cousin told me that "You just want to come down here and get them all stirred up and the we have to put up with them. Stay home if you are coming to visit with that in your mind"

This is a very good site: GCBRO Main Page

Straight up down too earth people from La. Tx. Ar. Ms and other states.

There are so many that give this a thumbs down as to the actual exstince. Easy to do and the act so smug and right. The real truth is getting out there and actually being a boot on the ground.

Last edited by Versatile; 11-26-2012 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: too add URL

Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM

55 posts, read 63,690 times
This hoax has been going on every since the Patterson film. Before that, It was in Native Americans lore to keep their children from wondering away from camp. I live in the heart of big foot country and spend most of my time in the woods. I never expect to see one because they only exist to make money.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty3ad View Post
This hoax has been going on every since the Patterson film. Before that, It was in Native Americans lore to keep their children from wondering away from camp. I live in the heart of big foot country and spend most of my time in the woods. I never expect to see one because they only exist to make money.
I know many people that search for these critters and have no desire to make a buck. The amount you can spend on equipment is huge.

What is your BF area. Have you ever spent a night down in BF country without a fire and by yourself?
Your comments are worthless if you have not done this several times.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 AM

55 posts, read 63,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I know many people that search for these critters and have no desire to make a buck. The amount you can spend on equipment is huge.

What is your BF area. Have you ever spent a night down in BF country without a fire and by yourself?
Your comments are worthless if you have not done this several times.

Don't know where BF is but I have spent many, many nights out with the wild critters in BC, TA, SWA, SNF without a fire! IMO, my comments aren't worthless. I don't let my imagination get the best of me. Just talking about me!

Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty3ad View Post
Don't know where BF is but I have spent many, many nights out with the wild critters in BC, TA, SWA, SNF without a fire! IMO, my comments aren't worthless. I don't let my imagination get the best of me. Just talking about me!
When something is throwing rocks bigger than a man can. 60 FT Hardwood trees shaking like a grown man can do a 6 ft Christmas tree. Screams so long and deep they vibrate your chest. Things being torn to pieces that a man cannot do. How is that anyone's imagination? I will invite you to go with me into Arkansas and spend a night or so. You can come with one other person. Plan for at least 3 days. Of course you won't need any firearm will you. You will be with me the whole time. Should we not have any fun there i can take you too Oklahoma for a good time.I have a blanket with Chimp Scent on it. You wouldn't mind that draped over your shoulders for awhile would you. You cannot smell it yourself for the most part. No glaring odor.

You are the one saying it is our imaginations. I offer you a trip that should change your mind.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 AM

Try this:

DNA Diagnostics, Inc. - Genetics, Forensics, Paternity, Human DNA Testing, & Animal DNA Testing

Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM

7,609 posts, read 6,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Hard to prove a negative.
Have they ever bagged a black bear or a panther?
Does not bagging one suggest these don't occasionally roam the area?
NO, I am just saying, There are an alarming number of hunters who shoot at anything they see, and if someone was holding a rifle and some giant hairy creature stepped out in front of them, maybe most hunters would not shoot it BUT somewhere, sometime, some hunter will.......

The Fouke monster especially........reports are that through the 1960's several hunters shot at it......I find it amazing that they all missed, being that the hunters of that area are well known for their accuracy and marksmenship.

I may also add that Fouke monster reports date back to 1942.....last reported in 2012. SO are we talking about a single 70 year old creature, or a colony that has not been discovered yet? And how many hunters claim they have shot at one but always missed?

ANyway, the hoax comes in the three toed footprint. It is a non-evolving print, going from 5 to 4 to 3 toes. Even in a mutation, toes would not disappear, except in an extreme birth defect. maybe some inbred hillbilly got loose from this mom's basement and ran wild? Unlikely. I am simply saying that the three toed prints of the Fouke Monster have been evaluated by geneticists and biologist and the HOAX THEORY is about the only likely one.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
NO, I am just saying, There are an alarming number of hunters who shoot at anything they see, and if someone was holding a rifle and some giant hairy creature stepped out in front of them, maybe most hunters would not shoot it BUT somewhere, sometime, some hunter will.......

The Fouke monster especially........reports are that through the 1960's several hunters shot at it......I find it amazing that they all missed, being that the hunters of that area are well known for their accuracy and marksmenship.

I may also add that Fouke monster reports date back to 1942.....last reported in 2012. SO are we talking about a single 70 year old creature, or a colony that has not been discovered yet? And how many hunters claim they have shot at one but always missed?

ANyway, the hoax comes in the three toed footprint. It is a non-evolving print, going from 5 to 4 to 3 toes. Even in a mutation, toes would not disappear, except in an extreme birth defect. maybe some inbred hillbilly got loose from this mom's basement and ran wild? Unlikely. I am simply saying that the three toed prints of the Fouke Monster have been evaluated by geneticists and biologist and the HOAX THEORY is about the only likely one.
Check out KIAMICHI GIANTS quite a bit of 3 toe discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal