Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,012,069 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else here had dreams of a person, or a personal event, that in time came true? Precognition essentially?

I have a couple threads here about a set of dreams I have had. I have mentioned before that I had a dream predicting an impending death just days before my friend died. How a "comforting" dream woke me up one morning after my friend passed. And now, his cousin, has been the focus of at least one precognitive dream already.

Anybody else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 07:18 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Yes. One a year before and the other two weeks before their deaths. The first before they became ill and the second a sudden death.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Dreams are just so odd to me. Some dreams seem to be absurd. A lot of things and situations in dreams are just so unbelievable. But yet, sometimes they make sense. It`s hard to figure dreams because there doesn`t seem to be any consistency as far as what makes sense and what is outlandish.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,674,237 times
Yes, and it is difficult at times to sort out just a dream from a precognition.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Yes, and it is difficult at times to sort out just a dream from a precognition.

Essentially dreams that become reality is precognition.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,012,069 times
And there is also the dream I had about my friend's funeral at the end of March. I have discussed it here.

The dream was that I was sitting where I did during the church services, but I look down at my leg and see a note saying "Perserverance". I discussed it with my friend's father and he says to me "Yeah, that was him". It seems a few other people have had this as well since then.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,677,517 times
Most of my dreams are quite outlandish too. My favorite at the moment I titled, 'Damn Rats Took My Spoon'.
Most of my dreams consist of people and locations totally unfamiliar to me. It is very rare for me to dream of someone I know and when I do, it's someone I have not seen in years, people from my past who I may never see again.
I do get the occasional person who is in my life at the moment. I pay particular attention to those dreams. I apparently had a special connection with one person, life had us never able to see each other, it would be a rare occasion that we happened to be in town at the same time. However, it never failed, I would dream about him and within 3 days, we would see each other. Not sure if that is a precognitive dream, or if that is the product of my strong 'transmitting' (a story for another time & place)
There are some wonderful structures and locations in my dreams, and some are not so nice, but not nightmare type. I like the dreams where the house/building is the main character. I get to explore all sorts of neat places.*
Generally speaking, dreams about houses represents the self, *or a room as part of the self.*
But that is not always true. Each of us has our own dream language, but there are some universal themes.*
One very common example-
-no breaks or steering, you feel that things are out of your control....when you have this dream do you crash? Or seem to somehow get through it?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times
Never had dreams like that. I do work stuff out in my dreams. Once I had a dream about trying to get to my husband, and I just couldn't get to him. I get around one obstacle and another one would come out of nowhere -- including one where I had to crawl over a huge cart of avocados.... which kept rolling, and were really difficult to climb up on so I could get over the damn cart, because there was NO WAY to get around -- I had no choice but to climb.

It was a silly dream, but when I woke up I got it. BIG TIME -- I was stuck. I was working hard and getting NOWHERE. Worked on that aspect of my life and it got better.

And after my mother died I had nightmares, because I was trying to process the grief. I had stuffed my feelings down, and got back to real life. .

For six months I kept having these dreams where I'd hear her calling me and her voice was fading out and she needed me but I couldn't find her. And just as I'd get close.... I wake up in a sweat, heart pounding.... and I'd stuff my feelings down again.

The last dream I had was at the house I grew up in. I was in the basement and mom was upstairs and she wanted me to come up, but as I got to the stairs they crumbled, the sliding glass door to outside wouldn't budge.... I hung onto the handrail and tried to climb up hand over hand and the door slammed shut and locked....

and I woke up in hysterics and sobbed. I could barely catch my breath. Hubby was scared -- he thought I was doing this in my sleep and he couldn't wake me (because I was already awake). I just kept saying to him this is never going to end, it's just never going to stop, this is my life forever this is never going to end... I was hysterical for I don't know how long and finally just cried it all out....

No more nightmares.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
I've had contact with deceased relatives and friends during an altered sleep state but no precognitive dreams.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,674,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Essentially dreams that become reality is precognition.
Really?

So when you have the dream, how do you know whether it will become reality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal