Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM

427 posts, read 1,225,137 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just want to throw this out there and see if anybody can give me any info on what's happening here. I very rarely have dreams or maybe I should say that I very rarely can remember my dreams. I'm talking like maybe 2 or 3 a year that I can recollect when I wake up. However, these couple that I can remember, I remember very vividly and accurately. The weird thing about it is these dreams that I can remember always, 100% of the time, end up coming true in my daily life at some point in the future. For example I will see myself in a dream visiting a place that I've never been to before and then in real life in the future I will have like a deja vu moment when I'm actually in that place and remember every little thing from the dream and it will be accurately portrayed as I'm standing there looking around. The same type of thing happens with people, that I've never met and with me doing activities as well. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this, what it is, why it's happening, if there is a way to tap into it more? I feel both lucky and strange at the same time. It feels like I can see particular segments of my future life ahead of time but as it is right now, it doesn't benefit me because I can't account for the timing aspect of when it will happen or know definitively where I am or who someone is until that actual moment that I'm there in the future.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,325,216 times
I've actually had a couple of dreams that predicted "future events".

I had a dream a few years about my grandparents. I remember I walked into my Grandparents house, saw them sitting in the living room chairs like old times and I remember how happy and relieved I felt. Then I started talking to them about everything that's been going in my life. Towards the end of this dream, my grandma started closing her eyes like she was sleeping, then the next thing I knew, she was suddenly laying down on an ambulance bed in severe conditions. A couple of years later, she suddenly passed away, was put on an ambulance bed and she looked exactly the same way I saw her in my dream.

Then a few months ago, I had a dream that something had happened to my cat and he passed away unexpectedly shortly after this dream.

I think dreams really can "tell us" things but many people just don't know how to recognize it.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,833,232 times
That's so Raven!

Okay, now that I got the obligatory reference out of the way......

I have had many a deja vu, but not so vivid as you claim to have them. For example, I will remember things as they are happening, and once in a while I will know what is about to happen just a second or so before it does, but I don't vividly remember events to the point that I can know the entire scene at its onset.

Someone I used to work with once had a dream of winning the lottery. When she woke up, she remembered all of the numbers on the winning ticket in her dream, so she played them, and lost. She chose not to play them again. That was really too bad, because on the very next drawing, she would have won the jackpot had she played those numbers.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 AM

503 posts, read 773,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
...........Someone I used to work with once had a dream of winning the lottery. When she woke up, she remembered all of the numbers on the winning ticket in her dream, so she played them, and lost. She chose not to play them again. That was really too bad, because on the very next drawing, she would have won the jackpot had she played those numbers.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM

96 posts, read 172,072 times
I, too, have had experiences where vivid dreams later came to pass. Sometimes very important ones (wish I had listened to that dream! And sometimes not)

I spoke to a coworker once who had studied the psychology of dreams who talked to me about keeping a dream diary. When you wake up, write down anything you can remember whether important or not. He told me there have been studies of people that have dreams that later come to pass. Very interesting stuff.

What you might discover is that you have many more dreams that come true in the future, maybe they were not as "important," but they will come true. It can be truly enlightening.

From my understanding, it might be a type of clairvoyant, a dreaming type. My dreams, the really vivid ones like you describe, have in the past been guidance for me. At least that is how I interpret them. A way for me to start "preparing" for something to come to pass.

I take them very seriously and believe they have helped me in many ways.

I appreciate your post because I have never heard of anyone else that has these experiences.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,416,906 times
We are renting a spec home that is still on the real estate market.

I was sleeping late one Saturday morning and dreaming that I was showing a gorgeous house to some people. I was walking them through and talking about all the features. It was an odd thing to dream, because I am not a Realtor.

While I was still dreaming, the phone rang and woke me up. It was a receptionist at the real estate office that rents our house to us. They had gotten a call from another Realtor who wanted to show the house that day and she wanted to know if it was convenient.

What a coincidence.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,680,544 times
I too have experienced what the OP described. Never came in handy for me, as it's only as the events are unfolding I remember having dreamt them.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey7083 View Post
I, too, have had experiences where vivid dreams later came to pass. Sometimes very important ones (wish I had listened to that dream! And sometimes not)

I spoke to a coworker once who had studied the psychology of dreams who talked to me about keeping a dream diary. When you wake up, write down anything you can remember whether important or not. He told me there have been studies of people that have dreams that later come to pass. Very interesting stuff.

What you might discover is that you have many more dreams that come true in the future, maybe they were not as "important," but they will come true. It can be truly enlightening.

From my understanding, it might be a type of clairvoyant, a dreaming type. My dreams, the really vivid ones like you describe, have in the past been guidance for me. At least that is how I interpret them. A way for me to start "preparing" for something to come to pass.

I take them very seriously and believe they have helped me in many ways.

I appreciate your post because I have never heard of anyone else that has these experiences.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm curious do your dreams come randomly to you or have you noticed any similarities in things you might do to maybe induce one of the predictive dreams? The reason I ask is because I've noticed a couple of things with mine. I never used to get these dreams when I was younger, I would get far more frequent regular, random, non predictive dreams and nightmares but never anything that would come true in the future. As I got older I made some lifestyle changes and I began to eat much better, more healthy organic foods, I stay away from processed junk and fast foods and exercise more now. I also meditate and live much more simply and frugally, for example I quit using most electronics and stopped watching tv. I made all of these changes in a rather short amount of time and it was after this that I had my first dream that came true in the future. The other thing that I've noticed with these dreams is that I no longer have any regular, random, non predictive dreams or nightmares anymore, only the dreams that come true and they are far less frequent like I said maybe only a couple per year, if that. Something else is that for whatever reason I seem to be more likely to have one of these predictive dreams whenever I'm really exhausted. I had one the night after I ran a marathon and I remember having one on a night after I had been up for over 48 hours straight.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I too have experienced what the OP described. Never came in handy for me, as it's only as the events are unfolding I remember having dreamt them.
Good to know there is someone else out there that understands this. This is my opinion and it could be incorrect but I think this is like a special power or something that is a gift to us and we just don't really know how to use it properly yet or to its full potential but idk what to do, so for now I guess it is what it is. I wonder if we have anything else in common that could be behind why we have these dreams and other people don't?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,297,160 times
jcx456...I beleive everyone has these dreams, but most people don't remember or are not interested in their dreams..I also agree that this IS some sort of esp, and a gift if we could only learn how to use it to our benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal