Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,421,633 times

Advertisements

Two weeks before my 6th birthday in 1954 I had Rubella and a 105 degree fever. I dreamed about the JFK assasination. In my dream I was actually there watching it happen. My Mom later said I talked in my sleep about it. When it did happen on my 15h birthday, it was the second thing my Mom said to me when I got home from school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,135,687 times
I dreamed about the I-35 bridge collapse in Minnesota the night before it happened.

I've never been anywhere near Minnesota.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,720,239 times
^^ those two are freaky^^

My oldest son was not much of a talker, and had his own language. He would ramble off some crazy stuff when he was a toddler. I took notes on some of those occasions but lost the notebook so have nothing to look back on.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,488,501 times
In September or October 2000 I had a dream that I was near a major airport in some tropical location. I saw a Boeing 747 in a Singapore Airlines livery taking off and watched it initially then looked away (for some reason). Then I heard a loud explosion and saw a huge plume of fire and smoke, I knew it had crashed.

Then this was announced on the news a few weeks later:

ASN Aircraft accident Boeing 747-412 9V-SPK Taipei-Chiang Kai Shek Airport (TPE)

First fatal crash ever of a Singapore Airlines plane, and of a 747-400.

Only difference in my dream was daylight and sunny whereas in reality it was night time and stormy.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 AM

12,337 posts, read 17,240,907 times
Default It's over maybe...

No dreams last night, But today I woke up and had a ringing sound in my right ear and heard "static" in my left very briefly. Tinnitus maybe? I don't know....

Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,249,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
^^ those two are freaky^^

My oldest son was not much of a talker, and had his own language. He would ramble off some crazy stuff when he was a toddler. I took notes on some of those occasions but lost the notebook so have nothing to look back on.
My youngest daughter was very verbal as a toddler, she's 16 now and still hasn't shut up.

Anyway, back to the story......

Starting when she was about 2 she would tell us stories starting with "back when I was older". We never could get names we could check out but she seemed to be talking about the early 1900's. Really, how many 2 year old city kids can differentiate between cattle breeds and know that people used to be able to buy beer by the bucket?

Makes ya wonder

Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM

6,431 posts, read 7,736,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
If one is familiar with their normal everynight dreams, then a dream that has a different feel or look that is unusual could possibly be a premonition.
I would imagine that things in the dream would have to be rather specific.
To have dreamed about a building blowing up in Seattle would not be a premonition of 9/11, unless it was twin buildings, or a building hit by a plane.
Certain things would need to fit in more ways than one to eliminate just a random dream with related subject matter.

My premonitions come as a thought or a flash & feeling.
My dreams are way to out of this world to be constructed into any sort of future event. However, I have dreamed of times before my birth and have been to a planet that is not earth. From the looks of the planet, perhaps ancient Mars or some solar system elsewhere in the Universe.
Thank you.

One night I had a dream of opening the front door to my house and seeing everything turned upside down, such as a car in drive way and a neighbor's home on their roof. It was totally odd but at the same time it was okay. The following two days I had to make a long drive to Pleasanton, Ca for training at Apple and I was not comfortable taking my car on that long trip. After the second day I was really uncomfortable leaving to return to Mountain View and finally had to force myself to start for home. The car trouble started when I was about ten miles from home; one large thump after another. I became engrossed in checking for warning lights, steering, brakes...then I the radio came back on... the Bay Bridge had collapsed. If I had been able to put together the meaning of the dream at the time, who would have believed me? How could I have known what it meant? The okay part of the dream was that no one I knew was hurt but it was so sad for others.

On the lighter side, one night I was dreaming the Hulk was standing at the foot of my bed shaking it, but, it turned out to only be another quake. Rolled over and back to sleep.

I checked my dream book for the number 8, which could mean good luck and new beginnings. Also, numbers and their geometric shape can represent spiritual growth and energies.

I agree, coffee and tea can disrupt sleep, so I no longer drink them after lunch.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,872,801 times
One of my aunts has had detailed dreams of people dying. When, where, and how. There are two such dreams she's had. They both came true. That is pretty damn scary!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,720,239 times
Oooo....earthquake dreams. I never really dreamed about earthquakes but when I was living in L.A, I would wake up knowing one was coming, well, the second and third time.
I was partially awake one morning and thought I had felt a small tremor. I looked around the room to see if anything was swaying, nada. Closed my eyes cuz I did not have to get up just yet. As soon as I was almost back asleep, the house started to shake big time. All I could do was stay in bed, and then it was over. Not a big quake. Many moons later, same scenario. What felt like shaking but wasn't. Layed there for a while and 'boom'....I was expecting it after that first experience. And because I was not caught up in 'wow, I felt that coming' I had a and vision go through my mind- 'grandma!' she would be up, but probably dozed off in her chair. I 'saw' the large lamp next to her chair falling on her into the chair.
I jumped up and things are still shaking violently, ran out to the living room and looked for grandma in her chair, she was not there, but the big lamp was. Then I hear a soft voice asking 'are you going to get under the table?'.....my response was 'No...' (I like earthquakes)
That was the big Whittier quake in 87 or 88, don't recall the exact year, but that one did quite a bit of damage.
I had one more 'pre quake warning' while in LA after that. And only once after moving up north, but I was also asleep on the ground that time.
All big quakes I have been in up in the northern part of California, never had any warning.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM

24,518 posts, read 23,254,943 times
I had a dream where I found myself in a pretty bad place. There were ruined buildings and houses, trees that were broken and knocked over. Basically it looked like a hurricane went through the area and then a tornado hit the next day. The sky was overcast with storm clouds. It looked like earth on its worst day and then just a little worse.
I looked up and saw something moving in the clouds. Like a dragon, something big. I ran for cover into a house to get inside. Inside I met someone who said she was my grandmother ( she's passed for over 20 years) and then two other people who said they were my brother and sister( both living). Okay in a dream sometimes people look different. But I knew these people weren't who they said they were. They didn't seem evil exactly, just wanting to get me to believe they were who they said they were and for me to stay with them. Just deceptive and maybe desperate. The place I was in was bad but didn't seem bad enough to be Hell. I'm not catholic but it seemed like Limbo or Purgatory?
I got the feeling that maybe I was dead and thats why I was there. I couldn't remember how I died, but then maybe that was a good thing, not remembering. But then I thought if I'm dead then I'm in the afterlife and I want to see God. He can judge me and find me wanting but I at least want to see him and make my peace with him. " Where is God? I want to see God." I asked.
Instantly I was surrounded by a light. And I heard dogs barking. Up came every dog I ever had, except the one we have currently, exactly like I remembered them. They greeted me and I was overjoyed to find friendly faces in that awful place. I petted them and I could sense they were happy to see me but not happy to be there. I turned to the woman who had said she was my grandmother and asked her, where are my family, my dad and real grandmother? She was just standing there watching. She said: " You can't see them. Not yet." I then asked, well then how can I see them and God? She said " That will take more prayer." And then I woke up the dream still vivid in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal