Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,716,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Really?

So when you have the dream, how do you know whether it will become reality?
If one is familiar with their normal everynight dreams, then a dream that has a different feel or look that is unusual could possibly be a premonition.
I would imagine that things in the dream would have to be rather specific.
To have dreamed about a building blowing up in Seattle would not be a premonition of 9/11, unless it was twin buildings, or a building hit by a plane.
Certain things would need to fit in more ways than one to eliminate just a random dream with related subject matter.

My premonitions come as a thought or a flash & feeling.
My dreams are way to out of this world to be constructed into any sort of future event. However, I have dreamed of times before my birth and have been to a planet that is not earth. From the looks of the planet, perhaps ancient Mars or some solar system elsewhere in the Universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,685,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Really?

So when you have the dream, how do you know whether it will become reality?
You don't know that it was precognitive, until the event dreamed takes place.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:20 AM

8,825 posts, read 7,357,552 times
I had a very disturbing dream that my son died a year before he did, in the dream I wasn't concerned about my son's death but about the color of the liner in his casket...When he died his casket was lined in the same color as it was in the dream and even in the shock I was in, I realized that the peach colored liner bothered me because it seemed such a "girlie color"...I know it's such a minor detail to be bothered by and makes no sence but that's what happened..
and I also dreamt a conversation between my boyfriend and my new neighbor before he moved next door to us and when the guy did come to say hello, my boyfriend and him had that same conversation as in the dream, I knew what was going to be said before it was said and I sat there dumbfound...

Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM

12,336 posts, read 17,234,147 times
Default I am glad this came up..

Long time member here who has studied some of the paranormal subject but never had an experience. I had a weird thing the other night though.

Have been having very lucid dreams for the past 5 days in a row, And just the other night i was dreaming though less lucidly. Just before I woke up, I heard the word "Eight" whispered in my left ear. Woke up right away. never had that happen before.

Just meaningless? Why the number 8?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,031,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Long time member here who has studied some of the paranormal subject but never had an experience. I had a weird thing the other night though.

Have been having very lucid dreams for the past 5 days in a row, And just the other night i was dreaming though less lucidly. Just before I woke up, I heard the word "Eight" whispered in my left ear. Woke up right away. never had that happen before.

I can relate, the number 5 I've seen throughout much of my life, and at times patterns fall to me in 3's.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,085,982 times
I've had precognition off-and-on my entire life.

I've scared my friends with some of the dreams I've told them, and have came true, almost 100% true to the dream.

Which is why I Don't tell many people about my dreams...

Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,233,269 times
Quote:

I'm curious; did you recognize the voice that whispered into your ear?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 PM

12,336 posts, read 17,234,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I'm curious; did you recognize the voice that whispered into your ear?
No, it was a hushed voice i did not recognize. I have never had any unexplainable events in regard to paranormal experiences so it stands out a bit, though it may be nothing significant at all. It did not feel sinister or negative and my day today was great. Nothing came up involving the number 8 though.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,233,269 times
Quote:
No, it was a hushed voice i did not recognize. I have never had any unexplainable events in regard to paranormal experiences so it stands out a bit, though it may be nothing significant at all. It did not feel sinister or negative and my day today was great. Nothing came up involving the number 8 though.
As you said you're a

"Long time member here who has studied some of the paranormal subject but never had an experience."

I'd say you just had your first experience. It has some kind of meaning; it doesn't mean you'll know this week or month even. But you will know when it happens.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,869,151 times
Someone I used to work with had a dream once that had the winning lottery numbers. She played them, and didn't win. She didn't play them again on the next drawing. Too bad, they all came up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal