Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 12:52 PM

130 posts, read 122,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Gee, that's my stomping grounds, off Grande on the East end. I've not seen the clearing. You talking about land next to that long time empty new small strip center.
Yes exactly that one. they are clearing on the left of the building. Maybe just creating more parking spot and made more appealing for new business?

Quote:
Can't believe NO one has moved in there, it been wow, a long time, year plus maybe two years?
I have the same exact thought every time I pass in front of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 12:57 PM

130 posts, read 122,517 times
Quote:
Sure, The Egg and I is popular and the newest place for breakfast down by Fresh on Old Jacksonville are far more popular. The Diner, on South Broadway too.
The Egg and I place has just change the name ( I saw a new sign) but still the same kind of diner? House of pancake on Jacksonville is good and nice but maybe a little expensive... I had a really good breakfast @roost on Troup...

Old 03-07-2019, 11:26 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,088,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavi78 View Post
The Egg and I place has just change the name ( I saw a new sign) but still the same kind of diner? House of pancake on Jacksonville is good and nice but maybe a little expensive... I had a really good breakfast @roost on Troup...
Somebody said that a new place in the high end plaza on Old Bullard Road, can't remember he plaza name, has now a third location in Tyler for the Roost, or a similar named place, that I haven't been to yet. I didn't know Roost was breakfast, is that new place I'm referring to a Roost also, I need to get out more. Since these serve breakfast, to they serve all day or just until 11 am or change for lunch, I'm a bruncher or a linear sometimes. lol

Old 03-08-2019, 06:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Somebody said that a new place in the high end plaza on Old Bullard Road, can't remember he plaza name, has now a third location in Tyler for the Roost, or a similar named place, that I haven't been to yet. I didn't know Roost was breakfast, is that new place I'm referring to a Roost also, I need to get out more. Since these serve breakfast, to they serve all day or just until 11 am or change for lunch, I'm a bruncher or a linear sometimes. lol
Roost makes a great breakfast! My husband and I also really love their chicken salads for lunch. Wow, they have an amazing assortment. My personal favorite is the jalapeno chicken salad but everything I've tasted there is good. We generally go to the one on Old Bullard Road because it's the most convenient to us.

They say you can only get breakfast till 11 am there, but I've seen and heard people order it later than that. So hmmmm...

I think my husband and I are going to eat breakfast there today in fact!

Old 03-08-2019, 09:17 PM

566 posts, read 391,249 times
https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/re...7149c227b.html

Old 03-10-2019, 04:06 PM

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/da...a8018038e.html

I know its not development news about Tyler but it was in the Tyler paper. It made my heart feel good.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavi78 View Post
Anyone knows what's will be built in front of the old gander mountain (sorry I forgot the new name)?
Didn't see a sign for what the land is being cleared for in front of Gander, possibly the land is to be a display for even more of the large number of travel trailers and motor homes being sold there? We'll know in time.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:20 PM

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/wo...b426c5d07.html

Old 03-18-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
Much needed. I read in the last year, about the planning of Old Jacksonville becoming 6 lanes starting in a couple of years from Loop 323 to Gresham. Old Jacksonville will be widened to four lanes after the completion to Flint. After that, Flint to Bullard, next becoming four lanes. This completes Old Jacksonville as four lanes are better all the way to the current highway 69, South Broadway. Therefore, those coming and going south toward Jacksonville will have another option of using 4 lanes or more into Tyler north beyond loop 323.

Rhones Quarter becoming divided four lanes to FM 346 in Whitehouse, as well as Paluxy divided four lane ed from Grande all the way to FM 346.

Upgraded many main streets South, after much needed East-West roads in recent years completed. Grande now complete from Whitehouse Highway 110 all the way west to Highway 155. MUCH more traffic on Grande now, taking some of the Loop.

Also, Cumberland Road being competed, now divided four lanes sidewalks all the way west from Broadway to Old Jacksonville. Just two lanes east of Broadway to Paluxy.

Some help is coming a good thing, IMHO.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:51 PM

Waited for someone else to report this. But did not want this to disappear from the Tyler Paper, as the article recently about a new airline coming to Tyler. I waited on that one for someone else to post it, but as I said, article was taken off Tyler Paper website.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...4722846b7.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler