Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,331,294 times

Advertisements

I have watched a few Jay Leno monologues lately and NEVER hear a joke denigrating Barack Obama. Leno continues to pummel George Bush Jr., Sarah Palin, John McCain, and even Joe Biden, but Obama is OFF LIMITS. Only jokes that put the BO in good light.

Hollywood...full of BO.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
I'll have to take your word for it, as I'm not going to subject myself to Jay Leno to validate what you
posted.

I'm certainly not surprised.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
you can say the same thing for New York City I guess, Letterman has actually come out and said he's just to cool to make jokes about and is the exact same way. This isn't limited to just Leno

I do find Leno's constant Toyota jokes to be a pain as well, he has way more than average and is only doing this b/c he a big car buff and all the cars he likes are "american" so he's interjecting his personal beliefs and I've found that anoying lately. Just like letterman and his rediculously partisan political humor over the last 2 years.

I find Lettermans constant and still aegist joking about McCain to be in very poor taste, this last election has really let them both show their true colors.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:10 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
B.O. does the talk shows. No one wants to pi$$ him off or he will go do another talk show and the competition gets ratings. I will give B.O. kudos for manipulating the media this way..Who knew!?!

Old 03-28-2010, 03:56 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
It's a shame what Leno has turned into. Back in the 80s and early 90s Leno was a very funny comedian. Saw him live on our ship during a USO tour just before Desert Storm started. He had the whole ship rolling. This ship had about a thousand sailors and two thousand marines. He's probably been in Hollywood too long and some of their stuff has rubbed off on him.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:27 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I do find Leno's constant Toyota jokes to be a pain as well, he has way more than average and is only doing this b/c he a big car buff and all the cars he likes are "american" so he's interjecting his personal beliefs and I've found that anoying lately. .
As someone who would probably never buy a Toyota, I enjoy the jabs at their expense. Love their new slogan "there's no stopping us now"!

Classic!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Give them time. They had 8 years of Bush vs. 1 of Obama. It'll happen.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:39 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,094,539 times
Nobody on tv has a lot of Obama jokes/humor, excepting perhaps SNL. I don't feel he's exempt, there's just not a lot to work with yet, excepting racial humor. Wait until he falls down stairs, misspells a vegetable, has affairs, vomits on a foreign dignitary, shoots a lawyer in the face, mangles the English language, makes a movie with a chimp, or picks a dog up by the ears.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
Nobody on tv has a lot of Obama jokes/humor, excepting perhaps SNL. I don't feel he's exempt, there's just not a lot to work with yet, excepting racial humor. Wait until he falls down stairs, misspells a vegetable, has affairs, vomits on a foreign dignitary, shoots a lawyer in the face, mangles the English language, makes a movie with a chimp, or picks a dog up by the ears.
There's plenty to make fun of. They could have him stand at the podium as the press all get on their hands and knees trying to kiss his feet, they could have him stand next to a lie detector as he makes statements about what's in the healthcare bill and have it constantly buzzing since much of what he stated isn't really in the bill, they can have him speaking about how much he enjoys having his mother-in-law living at the white house <with sarcasm>, they can make a joke about him going on the roof of the white house to join Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg for a smoke, they can make jokes about him bowing to other world leaders, or do a Mafia style skit with him, Rahm, and the other "goodfellas" of Chicago running things. But they won't because they love him too much and are too chicken at being called racist if they dare do something that insults the annoited one.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:21 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Jokes on Leno and Letterman. I've never > never < watched either one. I've seen clips of something someone may have thought was amusing > NOT < but otherwise really don't need to waste the time.

Holmes on Homes < now that's worth my time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV