Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,126,480 times

Advertisements

Hey there fellow donkeys!

So, I watched the shows tonight and .....

I am so happy Van went home! I am also happy Sabrina the teenage witch went home too. I was getting ALL grossed out by Van sweating all over everything. That's just nasty!!!

I laughed so hard when Tenille, in the first episode, was yapping about the mud in the pig sty - how it didn't look like mud and didn't smell like mud. I forgot what she said, but the way she said it was just too funny!

Ariel - what a disappointment. I thought because she was so low profile, she would be the one to emerge as a really good chef and tough competitor. She just fizzled. That whole low profile thing aint workin' for her.

Tennile - I think everyone under estimated her. Okay, so she has no clue what a chard is, or that other thing (see - I forgot what the other thing was too!), and apparently isn't too hip on what venison is or what animal it comes from. But, she can always learn. Yeah, she yells, but I think that's just the way she is. Like somebody else said in here, some people are just loud. My mother is one of those people. I talk on the phone with her and I have to tell her to take it down about 20 notches. I'm not sure I see her as a head chef of a 5 star restaurant, but she seems pretty competent in the kitchen.

Sabrina - Two words ... Oy (and) Vey!!! Oh yeah, two more words ... Holy Crap! This teenage witch has no cooking skills and threw her teammates under the bus. I think she was a conniving little witch and I'm glad she's gone. I love how GR asked her, just before sending her home, why he should keep her - what did she have left - and she replied "I have everything left, chef." I had to yell "LIAR" at the TV screen!

Suzanne - Three words ... aye yay yay!!! I can't stand her. She needs to go. Yeah, she did mellow out with the guys because they put her in her place. No, it wasn't fair of the guys to be that way with her, but I don't like her, so I wasn't all that broken up over it. I gotta say though, that she wasn't as big a screw up as Van, Sabrina, and Ariel.

Van - Where the hell did they get this guy? Is he the new Joseph? You guys remember Joseph, don't you? He was that hot-headed Harry Connick, Jr. lookalike who wasn't gonna be nobody's b*tch. Wasn't he the first one booted off this season? Anyway, Van appears to have channeled Joseph because he kept yapping about GR treating him like a little b*tch. I seriously thought that if Van got kicked off the show he'd flip out and go all postal on GR and gang. The guy is a walking, ticking time bomb - with a bad 'do, I might add. And that sweating? UGH!!! Just nasty! Gross nasty!!!!! Just watching him (and Robert and Andy before him) sweating all over the food really makes me think twice about dining out. Who knows how much sweat I've actually consumed???!!! I don't even want to think about it! YUCK!!!

And what is up with a fish cook who can't cook fish??? Not only is he not a fish cook, but he's no mathematician either! Hello!!! What idiot doesn't know 2 X 3? Don't kindergartners learn these simple time tables? The guy is as dumb as a box of rocks. He needs to lay off the 'roids before he seriously hurts someone, or hurts himself.

Dave - This half man/half robot is amazing! He just pushes past the pain to "get r done". I totally respect that. Plus, he can cook!!! I'm not sure I see him in a 5 star restaurant either, but I guess since the kitchen is usually kinda hidden from the dining room, and the chef doesn't always come out and greet the guests, it could happen. Plus ... if any of you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, you'll remember the episode where Larry David and Ted Danson opened a restaurant and hired a guy with Tourette's Syndrome, who would shout obsceneties at the top of his lungs. Dave may be one of those newfangled androids they're making over there in China or Japan, but at least he doesn't have Tourette's and yells bad words at the diners. He is one of my picks to win.

Kevin - He too is very good, but not as good as Dave. He may have a shaved head ... but he's no robot! He is my other pick to win. I can totally see him at a 5 star restaurant.

So, that's what I have to say about those dumbos, madams, and donkeys. But I did like how Tennile lied about the lamb/venison. She was calling it lamb and GR had that look like "WTF?" and then she changed her tune real quick - and LIED about "Oh, I knew what it was, I was just nervous." I'm gonna have to use that line whenever I don't know something, but want to pretend like I do.

It's getting exciting! I can't wait to see Suzanne or Ariel go home next week.

So, until next time, donkeys ... don't burn your lettuce, cook your risotto perfectly, know the difference between venison and lamb, and ...... P*SS OFF!

Last edited by Twinkle Toes; 09-24-2009 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: Wow! Look how long this is!!! I wrote a friggin' manuscript!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,162,204 times
This is for Dave and Kevin to lose with my money on Dave.

I thought Ariel could be the sleeper, not anymore.

Tennille in the final three, hysterical but I love her over the top interviews.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:49 PM

123 posts, read 356,074 times
Default final 2

what is everyones prediction for the final 2?
mine is Dave, then Kevin.

HK was on the top of everyones conversation in the breakroom, first time we got to see Ramsey walk out with the camera crew. I am so glad I didn't miss this episode

We spent the majority of the time talking about Van. So glad he is gone!! He is was just a big dweeb!

Susanne I kind of feel sorry for in a way. They have been dogging her since the show started. If I was treated like that long enough I would have an attitude also. She was never given a chance they disliked her from get go. I personally don't like her but can kind of understand where she is coming from.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:06 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,376,449 times
My vote's for Dave too. Tossup between Ariel and Kevin at this point.

So glad Van is gone. The worst stereotype of a testosterone poisoned frat boy. Those supersized egos always lose in the end. Quiet strength and confidence rules!

Last edited by sayulita; 09-24-2009 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-25-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This is for Dave and Kevin to lose with my money on Dave.

I thought Ariel could be the sleeper, not anymore.

Tennille in the final three, hysterical but I love her over the top interviews.
No, she's just sleepING!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:13 AM

9,717 posts, read 9,973,232 times
Dave, then Kevin for me too. Dave is a better cook, Kevin is more polished.

Maybe this has been talked about before, I didn't know until I looked it up but.. the "Head Chef" at Araxi is not the top chef. They way they make it sound on HK that it is...

From the Araxi website:

Quote:
We are delighted to be selected by Chef Gordon Ramsay and the Producers of Hell’s Kitchen as the grand prize for this season’s winning chef.

The winner will be rewarded with a Head Chef position, cooking under Araxi Executive Chef James Walt, and alongside his skilled brigade. The winning contestant will also be introduced to the Whistler region, touring adjacent Pemberton Valley farms and ranches, and meeting with our suppliers and local purveyors of fish and game.
Pictures of the place looks great and the food looks amazing. If you haven't checked it out, here is the link: Araxi | Whistler BC

Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,866,735 times
Dave and Kevin definately should be the final two. The level of talent this season is quite a bit higher than in previous seasons... it's making the show more enjoyable to watch. I think some past winners would struggle contending with this group!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,646,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Dave, then Kevin for me too. Dave is a better cook, Kevin is more polished.

Maybe this has been talked about before, I didn't know until I looked it up but.. the "Head Chef" at Araxi is not the top chef. They way they make it sound on HK that it is...

From the Araxi website:

Pictures of the place looks great and the food looks amazing. If you haven't checked it out, here is the link: Araxi | Whistler BC
I think that's how it's been every year. They promote the show as making it sound like the winner will get his/her own restaurant, but it really is only a chef position in a restaurant. I remember last year, they took the contestants to Las Vegas to the restaurant that was being built, and they made it sound like one of them will have this restaurant.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:25 PM

123 posts, read 356,074 times
Well, did they introduce Christina from last season to Susanne and Dave as the head chef or the executive chef when they went to LA, or wherever they went to eat to meet her!!
anyone pay attn to that? or still have it saved to listen to?

Old 09-25-2009, 03:33 PM

I know that they don't "give" the winner a restaurant. I was under the impression that the winner gets the top spot at a restaurant with a hefty salary. I went to the restaurant at the Green Valley Ranch in Henderson, NV and met the winner of HK who was running it. Black guy, can't remember his name now. Yeah, I have Alzheimers, I know! LOL Can't remember the name of the restaurant either. I was competing at Nevada Star Ball and the event was held at this venue, that's how I met the chef.

Anyway, SLOWES -- you can go to hulu.com or the Fox website and check out the episode to see how Christina was introduced to Dave and Suzanne. I don't remember either. (Again - that Alzheimers thing!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV