Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,179,426 times

Advertisements

The girl from Italy is American....her father is in the American Military stationed in Italy. That's why her flight took her first to Frankfurt Germany THEN to the US...[She flew space "A" on a military flight]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 02:49 PM

446 posts, read 832,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
The girl from Italy is American....her father is in the American Military stationed in Italy. That's why her flight took her first to Frankfurt Germany THEN to the US...[She flew space "A" on a military flight]

Wow...talk about motivated! Where did you find that? On AI's web site?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:50 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,544,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
I didn't mean to type in caps, it just sorta happened.....sorry, I didn't mean to be ugly about it...was not my intention.

No prob. sandy

Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,724,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
So that Spice person was on again last night....
My co-worker and I were talking and I truly think during her time on Idol is the only time I've seen any expression on her face....at all. She actually comes off quite nice.

Kara was quiet....hmmmmm

A couple went thru that I didn't think should...like the guy that Kara made undress and the 16yo who's young sister sucked up to the judges.
Victoria drove me nuts last night. Every person that came out she had little to say about their singing and was all over what they were wearing. AI is about music, not someone's freaking wardrobe. I did like that she was classy and wasn't rude like the recent guest judges have been.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:55 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,340,530 times
I don't think that girl from Italy was actually Italian, she just lived there I suppose. I didn't notice any Italian accent and when she called her mother, she spoke English.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:29 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,179,426 times
her dad had the walk of a military man plus they flew thru Frankfurt all adds up to being a military brat.....and thats a good thing

Old 02-03-2010, 09:22 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,723,341 times
That doesn't add up to being a military brat.
Rhein Mein closed many years ago - about 5 I believe. Frankfurt International is the only airport in Frankfurt now. Military flies out of Ramstein in Kaiserslautern. She also had an Italian accent when she spoke.

ETA: she faked the accent. She's from Cali. Here's her facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicci-Nix/65564728082

from her myspace page:
Quote:
Nicci Nix is a dynamic singer/songwriter and performer who, at 23 year's old, has lived on both the east and west coasts & has traveled all around Europe because of her family's influence's while growing up. Nicci has appeared in numerous television productions, including MTV's " Making The Band" with P.Diddy. Nicci then wowed the judges and was asked to compete in Season 2. While she did not win Diddy's competition, she did win the heart's of several MTV executive's and went on to do MTV's "Next", "Exposed", "Date My Mom" an also appeared on NBC's "Fear Factor." While growing up Nicci's family & friend's started to see Nicci's big enthusiasm for music when she was just the age of 4. Soon after she began dancing, singing & modeling lesson's. Influenced by her father's vast collection of LPs including everything from opera all the way to girly pop (and a growing quiz-kid knowledge of artist's and modern music history), Nicci then realized at the age of 8 that there was no question about it that she would be a recording artist/performer oneday. Nicci's parent's embraced her talent and ambition, enrolling her in a serious vocal training program with top vocal coaches at the age of 11 after the family had moved to California. She soon entered, and won, major vocal competition's, including two World Award's in The World Championship's of Performing Art's. At that time, Nicci began recording music with local producer's. Nicci's desire to make it in the business on her own term's led to the formation of her own label, Tapa Records, which she founded with her biggest supporter, her father in 2007. Soon after they formed Tapa, Nicci started recording her first Ep "NiX MiX" at Laughing Tiger Studio's with her producer Ari Rios, which later was released in 2009. Nicci's music is fun, spunky, and free-spirited with both electronic dance groove's and rock beat's, showcasing her bright, clear vocal's and warm undertone's. Melding her vocal and songwriting talent together with her penchant for designing many of her own clothe's & costume's, Nicci has become a well rounded artist in every sense of the word. Nicci's Debut album " Little Miss Starshine" is due out in 2010 and is currently filming for a nationwide popular tv show. Look out for Nicci Nix this 2010!

Last edited by NicoleJ; 02-03-2010 at 09:31 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 05:31 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,340,530 times
I still don't understand all the buzz around her. She has an annoying voice! I can't believe she did all she did already on TV!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 AM

446 posts, read 832,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I still don't understand all the buzz around her. She has an annoying voice! I can't believe she did all she did already on TV!
I know! IF she makes it to the top 12 she'll be voted off quickly.( I hope) Makes me wonder why the judges really picked her....ya know? Seems fishy because I've seen them send much better singers out without the golden ticket!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,210,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
It's a wonder she got there in time, then, flying space A...

There was some talent last night...of course, the AI machine is cranking with Hope...it is a nice story, and sure hope things work well for her!

I agree with dyimagelv, being a military brat is usually a good thing, but if she's faking her accent, well, that's just weird. Calculating, yes, and weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV