Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
June 19, 1962. She's almost 47. She looks older than that to me.
Thanks for the info. I am off to bed, 4:30 comes early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
I'm sorry....I like Danny and Kris....but they just do NOT have star quality!!! If either one of them were to win.....that business will chew them up......neither one of them have the "eye of the tiger" Even tonight Kris was saying he didn't think he would be there at this point....

Allison really rocked it tonight...so proud of her attitude too!! She'll be fine!!!

I will now consume massive quantities of ice cream....nom nom nom.....
"eye of the tiger?" Really? This is a singing competition not a boxing match or a Sly Stallone casting call? Maybe you are consumed by Adam's theatrics???

So Kris was being humble by saying he didn't think he would be there, and that is wrong?? What should he say "yeah, I'm great, I knew I'd be here?" Ridiculous.

I think Kris has star quality (appears I'm not alone, either.) Adam is a glam rocker. Glam rock went out in '89.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Wow! She is older than me! But, guess what?? I can STILL "drop it like it's hot"!!!!!!! Oh yeah!!! That's right! Whoo Hoo

Ummmm..................One minor problem? Droppin it ain't the problem, I just can't freakin pick it back up! Help me!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Wow! She is older than me! But, guess what?? I can STILL "drop it like it's hot"!!!!!!! Oh yeah!!! That's right! Whoo Hoo

Ummmm..................One minor problem? Droppin it ain't the problem, I just can't freakin pick it back up! Help me!

Okay so I still haven't made it to bed yet, but you are to funny, glad to know I am not the only one with this problem.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,426 times
Eye of the tiger was suppose to be funny Red!! But it is a term that means your "ready".....the judges didn't like Kris's comment either. He could have just said it was surreal and leave it at that. But it's easy for me to say that..I'm not on that stage with millions of people watching.....lol....anyway he just seems to really lack confidence...his interviews all come across like he just stepped of the farm......they've been at this since last summer!
Glam is only one genre that Adam can do....so he's ok. Do you have a teen ager in the house?? The one I have and her friends LOOOOOVE Adam.......

And correction....Glam didn't go out till around 93 when Nirvana came on the scene....lol....I have to say though alot of bands are starting to sport the makeup again.....the proof is on my daughters bedroom walls!!!!

Obviously somebody likes him....but for me..no he is not a star.....worship team leader though for sure.......I still like him though....and thought he didn't deserve the judges comments last night. I almost cried when I saw the look on his face.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
[quote=Austinitegirl;8688330]

Quote:
I
agree! What in the WORLD is going on with the whole Danny thing?? Man - Alison sang her butt off tonight. Better than last night.
If only we knew the answer to this....please it can't be Danny's story that everyone is taken by....what about his singing?? Allison was great singing tonight. I was teary the whole time. She is so sweet and handled the whole thing in such a mature manner for her age. We forget how young she is. I don't know that my 17 year old could of done the same.

[quote=nuala;8688345]

Quote:
Whoever said here that they want to drag Danny all the way to the finals, were right.
I hear you there. Honestly at the very beginning he was my very favorite but I think he got worse as the weeks progressed. Maybe he is good, but I am comparing him & everyone to Adam and they don't shine as well up against him

[quote=NicoleJ;8688442]

Quote:
DAMN! I got teary eyed over my pink girl leaving. I liked her. I hope she goes huge when she gets her album!
I couldn't stop crying. I really think she looked beautiful tonight. Her hair looked amazing. I think Adam's hairdresser really made her shine, plus she is a pretty girl. She will be a big star.

[quote=michiganmom48;8688195]

Quote:
Like many past people she will be recording even though she out. Lots of people like Danny and some of it I think is his story. Adam will win.[/quote
]

I think she will be too. Lots more people like Danny than I thought. I think Adam will win too, but I can't get over Allison getting less votes than Danny

[quote=ajzjmsmom;8689538]

Quote:
For me there has been noone as good as Daughtry and then last year Cook, sorry to those of you on the Lambert love train I just don't share you enthusiasm
Cook and Katharine McPhee were my absolute favorites of all the idol years until Adam. I love Daughtrys albumn and David Cooks is amazing also. It's ok if you aren't on the Adam Love train. There is enough of us "cougars" to keep repeating his name....over and over and over again.. GO ADAM!

[quote=Katsmeeyow;8689579]

Quote:
Allison was ROBBED. Period. I certainly hope one of the great female rock icons will take her under their wing. OH COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
That's a good way to put it ROBBED...I still can't get over it. She will be fine. I will buy any cd she puts out.

[quote=shannon94;8689621]

Quote:
We know Az...we know!!! It's ok you don't have too!! We'd rather not have to share him anyway!! ...lol
Yeah leave the cougar candy for us. lol

Old 05-06-2009, 10:21 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
"eye of the tiger?" Really? This is a singing competition not a boxing match or a Sly Stallone casting call? Maybe you are consumed by Adam's theatrics???

So Kris was being humble by saying he didn't think he would be there, and that is wrong?? What should he say "yeah, I'm great, I knew I'd be here?" Ridiculous.

I think Kris has star quality (appears I'm not alone, either.) Adam is a glam rocker. Glam rock went out in '89.
Agreed. Kris is the best pure singer of the three and he's got a shot. If he'd have been confident and said, "Heck yeah, I'm here, I made it this far and I'm goin' for it" he would have got Simon's approval. So what.

I don't know what they're singin' next week but Kris is gonna bring it and Adam better bring it too because if this thread is upset about tonight, just think what it'd be like if Adam Ant got voted off? Hey! It could happen.

Seven more days of slobbering over Adam ain't gonna get him more votes. Who are Alison Fans' votes gonna go to? If they go to Adam, he's safe. He can honestly sing his way to the top here, but I'm with the rest of you here. This is the way I judge last night based on their singing performances;

Adam > Alison > Kris > Danny > the 4 Judges (who needs them at this point?)

I'm still a Kris fan and I now see him even more strongly in the two spot. I don't see him beating Adam unless Adam is off and he pulls out the performance of his life, but it could happen. But even if that happens, how do the voters vote? Is it about getting the most votes or putting out the best performance?

I do not know what to say about Danny not getting voted off. I'd almost rather my guy Kris getting voted off than Alison. That wasn't fair. Only because she sang great last night; both times. Not as good as Adam, but very smooth. Like you say in here though, she'll be alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
And correction....Glam didn't go out till around 93 when Nirvana came on the scene....lol
And double-correction... Glam got smashed in 1987 with this tune. Remember that dude named Slash? It's deja vu all over again.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........."cougar candy"..............hmmmmmmmmmmmm I LIKE IT!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,426 times
ok...what was with Danny trying to do r&b runs during an Alice Cooper song????Now THAT cracks me up...they were not fitting at all!!!

Hey McGowdog..you should listen to Adam do Brigadoon...thats some pretty pure stuff!!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I do not know what to say about Danny not getting voted off. I'd almost rather my guy Kris getting voted off than Alison. That wasn't fair. Only because she sang great last night; both times. Not as good as Adam, but very smooth. Like you say in here though, she'll be alright.
Thanks for saying that. I was really surprised Allison left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV