Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:23 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,744,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I don't know that much about vampires. The only book I read on the subject was Interview with a Vampire. Does anyone know the significance of the dog in the series? My Irish grandmother (extremely superstitious) always believed a dog's saliva had some curing effect. I thought of this during the "curing" of Sookie.

Tigerlily, do you remember a scene where Sam (the bar owner) is in a room and then the camera moves to his background where there's a painting hanging on the wall depicting a scene of a collie dog watching over a little girl? That's a major clue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,795,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
Yup, thats the gorgeous Stephen Moyer. He's British and hot !!!
He's a Brit???? Wow!!! His accent is amazing. Well, so is New Zealander, Anna Paquin's ... she is from NZ right?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 PM

559 posts, read 1,397,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Tigerlily, do you remember a scene where Sam (the bar owner) is in a room and then the camera moves to his background where there's a painting hanging on the wall depicting a scene of a collie dog watching over a little girl? That's a major clue
Yes, that's a good clue.

There were 2 more clues in the most recent episode when Sam was barking in his sleep and when he said something like "Hey brother" to the dog that came up to him when he was sitting outside.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 PM

726 posts, read 2,271,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
He's a Brit???? Wow!!! His accent is amazing. Well, so is New Zealander, Anna Paquin's ... she is from NZ right?
He sure is. I like his accent too.
This is his profile page, for more on his films, bio, etc; Stephen Moyer (I)

In Paquins bio it said she was raised in NZ, but shes originally from Canada.
Her accent is okay too.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:26 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,795,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Yes, that's a good clue.

There were 2 more clues in the most recent episode when Sam was barking in his sleep and when he said something like "Hey brother" to the dog that came up to him when he was sitting outside.
Well heck, this is a show about vampires, why not man/dogs too???

Old 09-28-2008, 04:19 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,053,481 times
OH i wish i had HBO so I could see this.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:25 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,663,846 times
so, can you explain what the dog clues relate to? i just finished watching my episodes off the dvr last night. I haven't read anything anywhere about the show and I'm not familar with the books they are based on!

Old 09-28-2008, 04:31 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,053,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
I do agree it's a little too graphic sexually.............but the main vampire...........*sigh*.........I drool.....in front of my husband...he thinks it's funny.............*sigh*
Hmm come to the goth clubs I go to and you'll see lots of vampy type guys that are pure eye candy

Old 09-28-2008, 04:55 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,270,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
so, can you explain what the dog clues relate to? i just finished watching my episodes off the dvr last night. I haven't read anything anywhere about the show and I'm not familar with the books they are based on!
I watched it again. Sam was growling like a dog in his sleep and he called the collie "Brother". Is it possible Sam is a vampire? Can a dog be a vampire? I'm reading the first book in the series. So far, it's pretty much following the HBO version.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 AM

631 posts, read 1,889,061 times
Default True Blood (HBO)

So my hubby has gotten me addicted to this show. Its great. A little gory but I can look past that because its interesting. Plus I read Anne Rice's the Vampire Chronicles growing up and this reminds me of those in a way with the Louisianna setting. Very modern day gothic.

Does anyone have any theories about Merlotte's bar owner? Do you think that he is the dog that keeps showing up? They are connected somehow and I just can't peg it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV