Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 07:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ok, so what's up with that lawn mower man? He appeared in another scene in the beginning, I think when they Rust and Marty were looking for the church, he is weird...or is he just a filler?
I believe the lawnmonwer dude is a bad, bad man.

Mad props to anybody that thought he was going to play a big part in all of this. My wife called it, but I didn't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 08:02 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,328,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I believe the lawnmonwer dude is a bad, bad man.

Mad props to anybody that thought he was going to play a big part in all of this. My wife called it, but I didn't see it.
LOL, he is a very bad dude, for sure....did you see the way he started talking to himself when they drove off...? ewwwwww!

Old 03-04-2014, 08:45 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
Not just talking to himself but what he was saying---
all the clues that Rust and Marty are tying to connect their dots to...

family, long time on coast, knows all the roads...
plus has the connections to get those contracts to mow...
lots of excuse to be in "forgotten" "untended" places like that deserted school Rust found the wooden totems in later...

and as someone pointed out -- he was mowing in a spiral vs a rectangular pattern to cut that area...

Old 03-04-2014, 08:50 AM

RE Maggie's choice--
that was her way of cutting the cord with Marty forever--
I think she still loves him even knowing he was serial cheater--loved him too much to be able to actually break it off and mean it
that is why she had sex with Rust--only man Marty couldn't ignore or accept--

think Maggie knows that this can be really dangerous--
note that the blouse she wore when Marty went to her home had white stars on it (I think)--
it was white on white design and she did have sweater over it to obscure...

Anyone have a feel for whether or not that was her parents' home they were visiting that earlier episode? That maybe she moved in after they passed away and might even be a widow from second marriage at this point?
She is doing better financially than Marty for sure...

Old 03-04-2014, 09:51 AM

29,762 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Marty had no motivation to frame Rust until Rust used the murder to force him to help with the investigation. Now it's in Marty's best interest to frame Rust so Rust can never hold that murder over his head again.
I didn't see this in what happened at all. Rust may have pressured Marty to help him with the investigation, but Marty was not "forced". As messed up as they are, they both are good "cops" with a sense of duty. They may not like each other, but they respect each other. It was their case back in 1995, they got it wrong and they want to get to the bottom of it. I'd be really disappointed if it turned out that Marty was in on it or framed Rust.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-04-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 03-04-2014, 10:08 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,501,218 times
I am firmly in the camp that Maggie and her family are in the 'tree' that is the driving force behind the kidnapping and sacraficing. It explains why the daughter has behaved the way she has and explains why Maggie is so effortly capable to lie to police. We met her father in an earlier episode, I might go rewatch that and see if there is any symbolism in his house or something.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:50 AM

You don't have to be a serial sex abuser who practices some strange version of Stonehenge sacrifice to be good at lying to police...
but
That episode at Maggie's parents highlighted several interesting and likely significant aspects of their lives--
1--men were drinking Lone Star beer so the motif of the "star" yellow or not, lawman oriented or not was pulled into view
2--Audrey didn't want to speak to her grandfather about a problem Macy was having when they were in the boat fishing on the pond--Macy didn't understand why and Audrey wouldn't explain--so there is unlikely hostility between what appears to be a loving g'father and g'daughter--something weird there and her parents were totally oblivious to it...
Just like Marty ignored the sex scene he saw in the girls' bedroom that night b4 dinner

3--obviously long-term conflice between Maggie and her mother with her mother being of mindset that a wife just ignores/accepts whatever trash her husband is doing as part of her role in life...whereas Maggie was obviously already upset with Marty closing her out about work and general conversation re his isolation and lack of sharing on various levels...
Maggie apparently wasn't buying into her mother's advice to just get along and go along...

4--conversation between Marty and FIL about times changing--new times not as good as old--about social order being subverted--Marty downplayed his animosity as not unique...
her dad obviously man of the "ol South" and could very likely be involved as one of the "kings" wearing the KKK outfits or be a man in mask...
they look like "old money, old family" to me and Marty was (I think) someone Maggie met at college who was "different" probably from the boys her family expected her to marry...
more wild and free...but maybe also uncontaminated by the old traditions--someone who was more safe than her father's way of behavior...

Personally I think that is where Audrey saw the sex scene she reenacted with the Barbie/Ken dolls--
maybe her grandfather had copy of that VHS tape and was watching it one night--
maybe she was even a victim who escaped a death penalty like Marie Fontenot endured...

Old 03-04-2014, 11:54 AM

9,826 posts, read 11,577,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
4--conversation between Marty and FIL about times changing--new times not as good as old--about social order being subverted--Marty downplayed his animosity as not unique...
her dad obviously man of the "ol South" and could very likely be involved as one of the "kings" wearing the KKK outfits or be a man in mask...
they look like "old money, old family" to me and Marty was (I think) someone Maggie met at college who was "different" probably from the boys her family expected her to marry...
more wild and free...but maybe also uncontaminated by the old traditions--someone who was more safe than her father's way of behavior...

Personally I think that is where Audrey saw the sex scene she reenacted with the Barbie/Ken dolls--
maybe her grandfather had copy of that VHS tape and was watching it one night--
maybe she was even a victim who escaped a death penalty like Marie Fontenot endured...
I've been think about this exact same angle.

I'm still sticking by my original prediction,Both will end up dead.
Some of these,old money, powerful families in Louisiana/Mississippi roots can be traced back Almost 300 years.
It's going to be impossible for Marty and Rust to bring these powerful people down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxOK81_sIg

Old 03-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Think Rust is hoping to expeate lot if sins in that fashion
Going down as Don Quixote sort

Old 03-04-2014, 01:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I didn't see this in what happened at all. Rust may have pressured Marty to help him with the investigation, but Marty was not "forced".
Rust basically blackmailed him with the murder at the meth compound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV