Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 05:12 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,706,517 times

Advertisements

Morgan Wallen got eliminated last night, if he was on Idol this year he would, for sure, make it to the final 2 or 3 singers and probably would win....but he's "20th best" on the Voice.

Morgan Wallen Audition: "Collide" (The Voice Highlight) - YouTube
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 PM

113 posts, read 216,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I would buy music from Alex, Caleb, Jena, and Jessica on Idol. Not sure about the Voice this year, but I will buy Tessanne Chin's album. Does she have one coming out? Last year on Idol, nobody interested me enough, but the year before it was Phillip Phillips. Good to see he's having success.
I've purchased at least one song from each. I guess this year they count the number of song downloads. Must say I was surprised the songs of the contestants are the same price as the original artists'.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM

113 posts, read 216,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
I've purchased at least one song from each. I guess this year they count the number of song downloads. Must say I was surprised the songs of the contestants are the same price as the original artists'.
oh, sorry, I was referring to the final four on The Voice.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:56 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Right now, there's no contest, the singers on the Voice are far better, its night and day. This is the worst season of Idol, there's nothing even close on Idol to Delvin Choice, Tess Boyer, Kat Perkins and others, no contest right now. But, that's not to say Idol can't bounce back next season, they need to raise the bar because right now, Voice is crushing them talentwise.

As far as who goes out and makes a name for themselves after the show, that doesn't matter, all that matters is the actual singing on the current season...its extremely hard to get "marketed" someone like Kat Preston is older, tattoos and whatnut, she's not going to be able to "Get famous" after this show, but that doesnt' mean she isnt awesome.
Except that nobody can sing hard rock songs like Caleb can in Idol. He can sing the classic rock songs second to none, with a commanding stage presence.

Otherwise I agree with you in that the Voice has better voices this season.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:53 AM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Except that nobody can sing hard rock songs like Caleb can in Idol. He can sing the classic rock songs second to none, with a commanding stage presence.

Otherwise I agree with you in that the Voice has better voices this season.
This is the first season that I have ever watched the Voice and I am just amazed at the talent. I generally have very little time to watch tv, but I am making time to watch this one (I watch it at the gym while doing my cardio!).

Old 05-16-2014, 12:32 AM

5 posts, read 6,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This is the first season that I have ever watched the Voice and I am just amazed at the talent. I generally have very little time to watch tv, but I am making time to watch this one (I watch it at the gym while doing my cardio!).
this is my second season. It has made me appreciate vocals much more. I continue to find it enriching in this regard. Even with nostalgic songs on the radio from the 80s and 90s. I realize just how great some of the classics were. I like The Voice more than the American Idol show and tonight am thrilled that Caleb made it through to the top 2. I don't dig the head-banger stuff, but I like him and appreciate his talent. Hope he wins American Idol. On the other hand, I'm VERY disappointed in The Voice finalists. That Kristan should have been in Jake's place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV