Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Brooke is also a good balance to Tom's intelligence and wit.
good one, tfw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,139,904 times
Quote:
Brooke is also a good balance to Tom's intelligence and wit.
kinda like a ventriloquists dummy?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Really folks, there is sometimes not enough time for the judges to give their comments, Tom at times can get some words in, but when it comes down to Brooke's part it is usually a one sentence question wanting a one sentence answer. They don't want a philosopher or critic in that spot, just some cheesecake and a pleasantry.

Either it is a dancing contest or a popularity contest. I don't like anyone being held up by other than their dancing ability. I'm an older, bit overweight, female. For all I know, that is all I have in common with Kirsty. She is not a role model nor an inspiration for me. She is her own person and should sink or swim by comparison with her competition.

Really, it is embarrassing and hypocritical to have one standard by which we judge Bristol and another for Kirstie, don't you think?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,461,394 times
Bristol was criticized because her votes werent for her -- they were for her mother's political beliefs. Bristol knew that (as did everyone else) and not only didnt care but relied on it both seasons.

Kirstie's votes are genuine. Her fan base isnt due to her TV/Movie career because most people dont remember the shows in which she's appeared (even "Cheers"). If she were just another older star who cant keep up with the others, she'd have been sent home long ago. You may not appreciate her, but, obviously, many voters do.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,204,852 times
Quote:
Kirstie knows she's the weakest dancer right now but she also knows that she's the most entertaining dancer. Her upbeat personality and the fact that so many viewers can relate to her struggles are what has kept her on the show so far.
It probably helped her popularity with the tweeting piece getting donations for a semi load to go east too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Really, it is embarrassing and hypocritical to have one standard by which we judge Bristol and another for Kirstie, don't you think?
I agree this is a dancing contest~~ I like Kirstie I admire her guts to do this again but we are cutting her slack on her dancing where most of us didn't on Bristol's dancing ability.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It probably helped her popularity with the tweetin piece getting donations for a semi load to go east to.

I agree this is a dancing contest~~ I like Kirstie I admire her guts to do this again but we are cutting her slack on her dancing where most of us didn't on Bristol's dancing ability.

But Kirstie's tweet was this week. It's not what has kept her on the show so far. And I already posted (#594, right above your post) why I think Kirstie is accepted so much more than Bristol was.

That said, I also posted that I agree it's time for Kirstie to go home, although I hope Kelly goes home first. Kelly may be a good dancer but the images of her dancing are ruined by the images of her pouting and negativity.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Quote:
Bristol was criticized because her votes werent for her -- they were for her mother's political beliefs. Bristol knew that (as did everyone else) and not only didnt care but relied on it both seasons.

Kirstie's votes are genuine. Her fan base isnt due to her TV/Movie career because most people dont remember the shows in which she's appeared (even "Cheers"). If she were just another older star who cant keep up with the others, she'd have been sent home long ago. You may not appreciate her, but, obviously, many voters do.
Well, maybe someone should write down what is and what is not criteria upon which these people are judged, if it is not solely for their dancing ability.

I, frankly, do not mind discussions of how nice Kirsty is, and how she hangs in there and tries so hard. I don't mind discussions about some contestant's sour dispositions. I do not think, however, that these are the things that we should be voting on.

In all honesty, I love Jerry Springer, having listened to his political radio talk show (I never watch that trash tv show), but I did not vote for him when the competition was heavier because he just could not keep up with the others. I try to be honest about these things.

We obviously have different criteria, and I am not sure of what they are.

Last edited by goldengrain; 11-06-2012 at 10:50 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
We obviously have different criteria, and I am not sure of what they are.

Dont worry about it, goldengrain. Just vote according to your criteria. I'm still voting for Emmitt (and sometimes Kirstie too) according to my criteria.

Last edited by TFW46; 11-06-2012 at 10:52 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 10:52 AM

Oh, how could I have forgotten to mention how much I enjoyed the political ad spoofs on last night's show? They were hilarious!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Oh, how could I have forgotten to mention how much I enjoyed the political ad spoofs on last night's show? They were hilarious!
Oh yes! I loved them too! Hilarious! I meant to speak of them last night but forgot. I also forgot to mention that when Val dropped whatshername on her face, God forgive me, I was saying, "couldn't happen to a nicer person."

ETA: Kelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV