Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 02:27 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,997,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Thanks for the info, Jaxson. I feel bad for Brooke, but I dont feel bad for the things I've said about her. You may think I'm heartless for saying this, but cancer doesnt make a person more intelligent or more likable.
Ha-ha. You are painfully honest.

Can a person live without a thyroid?

I know that they can destroy part of it and give you artificial or natural thyroid hormones to compensate.

I always thought that the 'role' for a woman in that position required someone who does what she does. There is no time in the show for a response to a insightful question to a 'star'.

Last edited by goldengrain; 11-11-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Jax, you and tfw are correct in the "good/better" types of cancer. Like my doc told me when I broke down in tears at my diagnosis of MS, He told me "Of all the diseases there are, MS is one of the "better" ones to have."
Oh, Tami. I'm so sorry for you. I read at one time that there seem to be two types of MS, one is very quick and the other can give you a pretty lengthy life. I hope you have the latter. My dear friend had MS. Maybe, with all the stem cell research, they will finally find a cure.
My good wishes and hope for you.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,483,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Can a person live without a thyroid?

Yes. My mother had hers removed when she was very young -- and one of my employees did too.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Yes. My mother had hers removed when she was very young -- and one of my employees did too.
Thanks. Do they detect the levels of thyroid that you need by a blood test? You have to go to the doctors and get it checked and adjusted monthly? I know some diabetics are really shaky like that, too. Just a little more or less exercise or an adjustment in carbs in a meal can throw them off.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,483,346 times
Quote:
Thanks. Do they detect the levels of thyroid that you need by a blood test? You have to go to the doctors and get it checked and adjusted monthly? I know some diabetics are really shaky like that, too. Just a little more or less exercise or an adjustment in carbs in a meal can throw them off.

My mother never had too much problem. Her thyroid was removed when she was a teenager. But my employee, whose thyroid was removed when she was in her 40's, had a very hard time maintaining the correct level of supplementation. She had to check it 2-3 times a day and advise the doctor if the levels got out of a certain range -- which happened often. And, at those times, she'd feel terrible...either too tired or too hyper, etc. It was very hard to watch her go through all that.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,236,915 times
Quote:
Oh, Tami. I'm so sorry for you. I read at one time that there seem to be two types of MS, one is very quick and the other can give you a pretty lengthy life. I hope you have the latter. My dear friend had MS. Maybe, with all the stem cell research, they will finally find a cure.
My good wishes and hope for you.
Thanks, gg but no need to feel sorry for me. I've been holding my own for almost 30 years now.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM

884 posts, read 1,063,383 times
Well glad those fusion dances are over.....I didn't really care for them last week. They all seemed a bit "off balance". Looking forward to tonight's dances that are dedicated to the veterans!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,236,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
Well glad those fusion dances are over.....I didn't really care for them last week. They all seemed a bit "off balance". Looking forward to tonight's dances that are dedicated to the veterans!!!
I would like to see JR Matinez return tonight and dance. I loved him.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
I'm so glad to see Tony with a good partner this year!!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,399,368 times
I love Kirstie even though she can't dance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV