Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM

18,951 posts, read 11,610,812 times

Advertisements

Anyone else watching the results show with me? If so, don't forget to use the spoiler function
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,352,055 times
This is really nerve wracking to watch tonight. I think it is because I've followed from day one.

I'm sure we all remember trying for something that we wanted so badly that we could scream and cry. I sure remember one time when that happened to me. I know these folks on AI feel the same way only they have to do it in front of millions of people. Yikes!

So far the season has been good and the guys are really shining. Come on girls, bring it!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 PM

251 posts, read 572,671 times
Does anyone know if they are planning to have celebrity mentors this year?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 PM

18,951 posts, read 11,610,812 times
Not sure about celeb mentors but I hope so.

Regarding the people singing for the wild card spots right now...
Spoiler
I think Brielle screwed herself by trying to follow Jeremy's sincere plea with her own fakey one. I'm sure she does really want the spot but it was such a shameless grab for sympathy whereas Jeremy was (mostly) just explaining why he was so worked up.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,353,880 times
Spoiler
I have to say I'm not sure what Jennifer really sees in Jeremy... both of his songs have been so wispy-voiced and trailing...I don't see him lasting long at all. Ditto for Jermaine, though I was happier to see him go thru than Eben.

THANK YOU LORD that Brielle is GONE!! That little bit of "advice" she gave to the judges about how they just don't understand that "this is what she does all day"... oh where is the Clueless Award??? Still off-key and awful. She truly is delusional.

Also not a big fan of Erica's...I would rather have seen Jen go thru but she's less "exciting" I guess than Erica.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,261,588 times
Spoiler
First off, will Hollie Cavanagh marry me? Haha I love her, def the person I'm hoping wins it all. She came back after last season full force, great to see. She's adorable too.

I'm very glad DeAndre got a spot in the wildcard. Contrary to the judges, I didn't like his performance Tuesday night, but tonight I thought he did a great job in the wild card round and deserved a spot. He has such a unique voice he will be a good asset to have in the competition.

Also glad to see Jermaine get a chance. He has such a deep voice and I thought it would have been a shame if he didn't get into the top 13.

And as for a huge bust, I couldn't believe Baylie Brown. All I heard was how gifted she was, how she could win the whole thing, then boom...once she hit live TV she dropped the ball. I give her credit, she got on that stage and sung, something I couldn't do, but I feel like she completely wasted this opportunity when it mattered most.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,601,281 times
Allllllriiiiiiiighhhhhhttttttt - looks like I don't have to eats too much crow

I agree Hollie C is cool and humble - cute as a brit texan button with a big voice!

Grimm Reaps gave it his best shot Hopefully his band will take him away from babysitting and off the farm. I think he was already touring the state fair in Minnisooootttaaaahhhh. Best of luck to him.

Poor Jen - kinda hate to see her go. She really did sing for her supper there, but she seems smart and has her family winery to fall back on

Steven was just as BEAUTIFUL as evahl!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,450,263 times
Reed got robbed by the hair-flipper. Good lord, please release me from the torture of the hair-flipper the first week of eliminations? Completely obnoxious.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,261,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Reed got robbed by the hair-flipper. Good lord, please release me from the torture of the hair-flipper the first week of eliminations? Completely obnoxious.
I don't know, I think DeAndre (hair flipper) was in regardless. I think Reed shot himself in the foot with his performance in the wild card round. I mean, he sounded pretty bad and the performance didn't exactly convince the judges he was worthy of getting a final spot. That's just my opinion though.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,467,793 times
I'm not using the spoiler function because it's 5:00 AM. Please let me know if you think I should use it the morning after the show in the future.

Music producer and American Idol in-house mentor Jimmy Iovine may have been blunt in his critiques last night but he was pretty much dead-on as far as predicting the results. It was the same last year -- Jimmy is probably more matter-of-fact than Simon ever was, but he knows his business.

And say what you will about how mean Simon was...but I think the show needs some "meanness' in the form of honest criticism from the judges. Randy tries at times but not it's not enough. One of the things I liked least about X Factor was how the judges fell all over each other being complimentary to the singers even after a terrible performance. And I like it even less on American Idol. I dont expect Jennifer or Steven to be real judges but I do expect Randy to be. Maybe Jimmy should be added to the judging panel.

Overall, I think the voters "got it right" last night. Reed Grimm would have been an interesting addition to the show -- but his song choices and his "scatting" pretty much guaranteed that he wouldnt get into the Top 13. I was surprised that the judges didnt give Creighton Fraker a chance to sing for his life. And I was both sorry to see Brielle Van Hugel not make the Final 13 -- and glad because I couldnt bear the thought of watching her stage-mother any more.

I know Jennifer likes Jeremy Rosado and I agree he has a lovely voice -- but I think he'll be eliminated in the next two weeks. I was so happy to see that the voters like Jermaine Jones. Even Jimmy said he could listen to an entire album of Jermain's (I could too). I dont know if I agree with his comment that Colton Dixon could "win this thing"; he's talented and the girls obviously love him, but there's something about him that just doesnt click with me.

It appeared that they had to choose 3 girls and 3 guys for the sing-for-your-life spots. I really dont care for the idea of having an equal number of girls and guys...for the Top 24 or for the Sing-for-Your-Life performances. I remember when they made that rule -- it was after one season where there were many more guy finalists than girls. But so what? If the guys are better than the girls (or vice versa), the best ones should be allowed to compete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV