Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,555,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I cried when Skylar was announced for two reasons. I know Holly and Skylar are very close and knew it would be hard for both when one was voted off. Also, I really enjoy Skylar's performances and feel she is the strongest candidate for a long term, successful career. I just really "connected" with her and felt terrible for her.
I'll agree that the person with the best shot at a long and successful career did just go home. Hey, at least she can jump into it head first after the Idol tour commitment is done.

Pretty sure we'll be hearing Skylar Lane on the Country Radio airwaves in the near future. Heck if Alfred E Neuman can do it, Skylar is a lock.

As for last night, it appeared as though maybe Carrie Underwood's song might have been a lip-sync job and I doubt she'd be very comfortable doing it on TV. If that wasn't the case then I guess she just didn't want to be there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,637,689 times
I agree the Jessica's dress was a bit much for such a young 16 year old with no moves - but it didn't seem so tight to me. Far from being dirndl style but not spandexy either. I was ok with the fit - in fact I think it flattered her more than some of her ensembles that enhance her skin and bones-ness. Add an inch to the hemline and take an inch (or two or three) off those ridiculous heels and it could have worked for her.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,875,501 times
I really don't have a favorite this year because they are all talented, IMO.

I thought Skylar showed how mature and professional she is at an early age by her exit last night. I loved that she was comforting Hollie and went on to perform as if nothing had happened. I think she will go far inspite of her elimination.

I think Joshua will win, just as Melanie Amaro won X Factor after she almost didn't make the cut. Wasn't Joshua one that was chosen at the end?

I would love to see Hollie win just because the judges have given her such a bad time but I don't think it will happen.

Didn't JLo try to start a show that was strictly for Latin singers? She seems to have backed off a tad on Jessica since the backlash of the save but can't seem to help herself. After becoming more familiar with who JLo really is, I'm really disappointed. What do they call a person that will do ANYTHING for money? I sure wouldn't want my kid taking advice from her.

IMO, AI has taken a turn for the worse now that they have competition, but I'm sure I'lll continue to watch. Do others think it is true that all the added drama is necessary to hold the interest of the public? I loved the initial idea of the show when it SEEMED to be about finding undiscovered talent. Now it seems to me that it has become more about promoting the judges and pushing social issues.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,631,205 times
Colton's gone, Skylar's gone, now I'm out. I really don't care who wins now.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:23 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,347,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
As for last night, it appeared as though maybe Carrie Underwood's song might have been a lip-sync job and I doubt she'd be very comfortable doing it on TV. If that wasn't the case then I guess she just didn't want to be there?
It was live, but I think she was a little sick - she sounded a little hoarse both when singing and talking.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 PM

193 posts, read 513,945 times
To me it looked like Carrie lip synched the performance but either way, I didn't care for it or the song. IMO I think the talent is poor this year but glad to see Skylar go. We don't need ANOTHER country idol. Hoping that the singer with the best voice wins - Joshua.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:05 PM

958 posts, read 2,137,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluver View Post
To me it looked like Carrie lip synched the performance but either way, I didn't care for it or the song. IMO I think the talent is poor this year but glad to see Skylar go. We don't need ANOTHER country idol. Hoping that the singer with the best voice wins - Joshua.
Saying "WE" really means YOU don't want another country idol.
Besides, why not have another country AI winner??

Old 05-04-2012, 01:17 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,765,608 times
I am still grieving over the loss of Skylar. She'll have a successful career. Better than everyone else who got bumped off this season. Shifting gears to my Hollie now.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,765,608 times
I wish Jermaine stayed, as those racist producers and cops wanted him out. I liked him better than that god awful screeching Joshua.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:38 PM

699 posts, read 1,018,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
From what has been aired about her, she loves clothes shopping and going to the mall and most like that however, I have to believe she wants to wear grown up clothes and the environment she's in allows her the opportunity so, she wears what she wants.
Even though it doesn't suit her it's her decision what she wears.

I agree, I think Jessica chooses everything article of clothing she wears on the show.
Beyonce seems to be her inspiration. She imitates everything about her. She has a beautiful voice and hopefully one day she'll discover who she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV