Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 01:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times

Advertisements

I though I would make another thread so maybe we could quit "hijacking" poor Castle. Yes??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 07:12 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I though I would make another thread so maybe we could quit "hijacking" poor Castle. Yes??
I remember a great one on Hollywood Squares. I call it the "You Fool!" one. Gilbert Godfrey is the middle square, and the square for the win in this case. Watch it on Youtube.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:19 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Best game show ever was when Sugar Ray Leonard, Darrel Strawberry, and some other athlete were on Wheel of Fortune back in the early '90s. They were so hilariously bad that even Pat Sajak was stunned. One of the puzzles was something like:

_ELL_ _ST_NE'S F_AM_US GE_SER

And Sugar Ray Leonard screamed out, "Jellystone's Flaming Glacier!"

In another puzzle, all the vowels were on the board, and Darrel Strawberry kept trying to buy one. Sajack told him, "I'm sorry, all the vowels are on the board." Strawberry replied, "Oh. Ok then, I'll take an A."

Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Best game show ever was when Sugar Ray Leonard, Darrel Strawberry, and some other athlete were on Wheel of Fortune back in the early '90s. They were so hilariously bad that even Pat Sajak was stunned. One of the puzzles was something like:

_ELL_ _ST_NE'S F_AM_US GE_SER

And Sugar Ray Leonard screamed out, "Jellystone's Flaming Glacier!"

In another puzzle, all the vowels were on the board, and Darrel Strawberry kept trying to buy one. Sajack told him, "I'm sorry, all the vowels are on the board." Strawberry replied, "Oh. Ok then, I'll take an A."
Priceless! Cracking up just reading it.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Priceless! Cracking up just reading it.

LOL , me too! My dog thinks I'm crazy just LOLing!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwdswmn View Post
LOL over here, I guess my brain is all screwed up,too. I guess I've got To Tell the Truth, What's My Line, and I've Got a Secret all mixed up. Also, back to Minervah's post, which character this past week did John Piper Ferguson play? His name sounds familiar, but I can't place him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwdswmn View Post
Was another one of the old panel show guys named like Gary Moore or something?

Woohoo! It worked! I moved the last two posts here so I could cont. without tromping all over Castle.

Gary Moore! Yes, he was. I want to say he was a host too??

Oops, I see nrthws was getting us back on track there! Soweey!

Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,286,964 times
I think Gary Moore had a show (kind of cerebral as many were in the fifties and early sixties ) called "What's My Line?".
The panelists were actually newspaper columnists and all. There was "I've Got a Secret" and a lot of shows which were totally different from the Snookyish television of today.

I have to say that Paul Lynde was my favorite on "Hollywood Squares". (And, really in any show that he was on like "Bewitched" ; he really was kind of young when he died, although he seemed old to me at the time).

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I think Gary Moore had a show (kind of cerebral as many were in the fifties and early sixties ) called "What's My Line?".
The panelists were actually newspaper columnists and all. There was "I've Got a Secret" and a lot of shows which were totally different from the Snookyish television of today.

I have to say that Paul Lynde was my favorite on "Hollywood Squares". (And, really in any show that he was on like "Bewitched" ; he really was kind of young when he died, although he seemed old to me at the time).
Yes, I think that was Gary Moore's show. The panelists were intelligent, and quite fond of words - especially one guy on What's My Line. He usually sat on the end. Forgot his name, but I think he founded Random House Publishing.

I wonder if the panelists drank before the show, and/or during breaks. Bet they did.

Loved Paul Lynde on Squares. Loved when he quipped, "Hey Culligan Man!!" Watch on Youtube.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I was just telling my kids about him then other day how funny he was. I really liked him also.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:21 PM

I loved Paul Lynde too. He was soo funny. "Uncle _"? on Bewtiched? I can't believe I have forgotten. God, I can remember Uncle Tanoose(sp) from back in the 50's on Make Room for Daddy and I can't remember the 60's? Kitty Kilgallhan! Not Kitty Carlisle. Who's Kitty Carlisle? Anyone famous? She was one of the reporters, right? I can almost see the guy sitting at the end of the panel.

John Cameron Swayze (Timex) was a panelist or host of something too? Oh, must be a relative of Patrick's?? Dad maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV