Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 08:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,271,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
We had that board game too! Oh man this is dusting off memories in the back of my mind.

Don't remember Talking It Out what was that about? Was it a talk or game show?

I've never heard of that one.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 11:59 AM

2,747 posts, read 465,922 times
Concentration! Now there's one I forgot all about. That was one of my absolute favorites. I think that may be where I got interested in solving puzzles. Big thanks for that reminder. BTW Jaxson, you ref. to a Carnie Wilson, is that someone from an old singing group? The name sounds familiar, but just can't quite ring the bell.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwdswmn View Post
Concentration! Now there's one I forgot all about. That was one of my absolute favorites. I think that may be where I got interested in solving puzzles. Big thanks for that reminder. BTW Jaxson, you ref. to a Carnie Wilson, is that someone from an old singing group? The name sounds familiar, but just can't quite ring the bell.

Wilson-Phillips is the group you are thinking of, nrth. Carnie is Brian Wilson's ala Beach Boys fame, daughter.

Soweey. I know I'm not Jax but I knew the answer to your question, nrth.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:07 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,237,415 times
Thanks tami you gave them the answer before I got here no problem.

nrthwdswmn Carnie has been on a few reality shows as well; Gone Country, then a spin off of that show with Bobby Brown & Maureen McCormick (Marsha on Brady Bunch), Celebrity Fit Club, her own show of them following her around. Then hostess of Newlywed which she was so dry & boring not a good fit. She is a good singer though.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:22 PM

18,266 posts, read 25,970,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore grl View Post
I remember Art Linkletter as host for Queen for a Day!! I am really old!
I think he was for a while, but I believe the host (for the most part) was Jack Bailey. Linkletter was best known for Art Linkletter's House Party. Linkletter just passed not long ago. I saw him on a cable news tv interview (the specific name escapes me). For a guy in his mid 90's he sure had a great attitude!

A couple other game shows I remember from the late 50's to mid 60's was Beat The Clock, hosted by Bud Collier, and Video Village which was hosted by Jack Narz. Then there is Truth Or Consequences! And not just the town in Southern New Mexico either! If memory serves that was Bob Barker's first tv show.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I think he was for a while, but I believe the host (for the most part) was Jack Bailey. Linkletter was best known for Art Linkletter's House Party. Linkletter just passed not long ago. I saw him on a cable news tv interview (the specific name escapes me). For a guy in his mid 90's he sure had a great attitude!

A couple other game shows I remember from the late 50's to mid 60's was Beat The Clock, hosted by Bud Collier, and Video Village which was hosted by Jack Narz. Then there is Truth Or Consequences! And not just the town in Southern New Mexico either!

Jack Bailey must be the host I thought was maybe Bob Barker.

House party and when that folded it was KStDT, right? Yes, Art sure did live a long and prosperous live. So sad that his son (?) took his own life though.

The name Jack Narz sounds familiar but no game show comes to mind. Never heard of Video Village. There were videos back then??? Oh, I see you said 60's too. I guess they had tapes back then.

Good ones, HH!

Beat the Clock and Bud Collier are familiar names too. TorC too.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:49 PM

4,505 posts, read 8,897,956 times
Wink Martindale hosted several game shows in the 50's and 60's but I can't remember their names (anyone?). I think he also had a monster hit record titled "A SOLDIER"S BIBLE". The song was about a soldier called on the carpet for playing with a deck of cards during a Church service. It was a real tear jerker.
GL2

Old 11-20-2010, 05:23 PM

Did Wink host "Play that Tune"?? He's been a host for many game shows, I think.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:41 PM

380 posts, read 836,969 times
Wink did Tic Tac Dough, IIRC (Think Jeopardy! took over its spot in the '80s.)

Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,012,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
The old Newlyweds game was a big hoot with Bob Eubanks man he was quick witted. Unlike Carnie Wilson or Sherry Shephard now.

Could you imagine Paul Lynn being host of this show??? Lordy my side hurts from laughing just thinking about it.
Paul Lynde hosting the Newlyweds game? Oh, if only... Just him reading some of the questions would be hilarious. Could you imagine him saying, "Make whoppee?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV