Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 07:40 PM

29 posts, read 139,893 times

Advertisements

Sorry to bring this up again. But, I want to live in Owasso and see that the one elementary school boundaries seems to dip down to N Tulsa around 46th Street( near Lake Yahola) and the zoo. I have only heard that N Tulsa is not a great place to live and I remember someone posting the boundaries of where they consider N Tulsa to be. Couldn't find the post. Any help out there? Just got back from a trip to Tulsa. Was all over Tulsa County and really liked the feel of Owasso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 08:22 PM

19 posts, read 46,216 times
There used to be an elementary school at 46th st north and mingo, but pretty sure it closed down. that would be tulsa city limits anyway. I think tulsa city limits end at 56th street north at least in the owasso direction on 169. I think most of the owasso elementary schools are east of 169, which is very safe.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:25 PM

340 posts, read 1,285,975 times
North of admiral you have owasso, sperry, turley, collinsville, and the rest is north Tulsa. 56 or 66th seems to be a good dividing line between north tulsa and those other suburbs. Closer to peoria you have more subsidzied housing, older neighborhoods and areas that people generally consider "bad" but they aren't a whole different than a half dozen other areas in town.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:17 AM

265 posts, read 904,090 times
I know Barnes Elementary in Owasso is West of 169 on 76th and Memorial. That would probably be the school you are thinking of. It is a brand new school and a really good one.

They are building a new one in the Stone Canyon development on 76th east of 177th. I would say it will be done around the start of school in Fall of 2009.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:29 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Default These Are The North TULSA Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtown View Post
Sorry to bring this up again. But, I want to live in Owasso and see that the one elementary school boundaries seems to dip down to N Tulsa around 46th Street( near Lake Yahola) and the zoo. I have only heard that N Tulsa is not a great place to live and I remember someone posting the boundaries of where they consider N Tulsa to be. Couldn't find the post. Any help out there? Just got back from a trip to Tulsa. Was all over Tulsa County and really liked the feel of Owasso.

The NORTH TULSA suburbs are Catoosa...Turley....Sperry...Skitook...Collinville .......Oolagah and Lake Oolagah....and last but not least OWASSO and back to your question..None Of Owasso Schools Are In NORTH TULSA and Owasso is in the running to be Tulsa Best Suburb along with Broken Arrow and Jenks.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtown View Post
I live in Owasso and I love it. I moved here from Utah, but sorry I dont know anything about the schools since my kids are grown

Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieboo View Post
There used to be an elementary school at 46th st north and mingo, but pretty sure it closed down.
That is Mingo Elementary. It closed a few years ago due to airport expansion, and it was a county school (K-8). I went there the first six years of my "formal" education.

NONE of the Owasso schools are in "North Tulsa." Neither are Sperry, Skiatook, Collinsville, etc. About as far north as you can get in North Tulsa school districts is the former McClain High School (I forget what they call it now). I think Turley is partly in the Tulsa School District and partly in Sperry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa