Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 AM

78,563 posts, read 60,762,573 times

Advertisements

You guys still beating this dead horse?

The reason the scumbag relatives are still getting press time or offers for pictures or whatever is because people pay attention to the news stories and click on the links etc.

It's like saying you hate people that make meth and then turning around and buying some from the person that sells the meth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 04:43 PM

362 posts, read 393,020 times
They tried to say the state wanted the DP because she's female?

Here is the Link: Casey Anthony case: Judge denies gender challenge in death penalty -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Her defense atty: Women are often tried based on what they didn't do and for not conforming to the tradtional roles of females.

That's a joke. Men don't go to jail for not paying child support?

Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,552,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You guys still beating this dead horse?

The reason the scumbag relatives are still getting press time or offers for pictures or whatever is because people pay attention to the news stories and click on the links etc.

It's like saying you hate people that make meth and then turning around and buying some from the person that sells the meth.

And yet you're helping keep the thread alive therefore you are still keeping up with things too.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:23 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,257,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Ok...I have to step in on this one....I'm in no way a big fan of the Anthony family but.....

As to the memorial at the site where they found this poor child....when Cynthia Anthony wanted to give the stuff animals to a children's home she was villified. Yes is would have been so much better to let them rot in the elements.
Now the same with the shoes. The clothing and the shoes are going to help another child in need. Yes it would be so much better to leave them unused.
What is so wrong with this? ....she didn't break it to the news one of her so-called friends did.

I don't blame the parents. Casey is a full grown adult and made her own decisions. Do I agree with their behavior since this happened? No but no one is given a handbook on how to act when your daughter is charged with the murder of your granddaughter. Those people can't do a darn thing around town without people judging them for it.

I agree with you Sue. I probably shouldn't have posted the shoe story. I just wondered why she didn't donate them without saying anything at all.
I've always had a soft spot for the Cynthia Anthony. She has lost a grandchild AND a daughter. Maybe she avoided the truth for a long time, but as a mom and a grandmom, I probably would've been in denial too. I can't even imagine the agony this woman has been through.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,392,969 times
So I'm thinking at this point in the game they're just letting Jose Baez screw up so that when she's found guilty they can go for the mistrial based on the fact that she had an incompetent lawyer.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,400,864 times
I can't stand how much money the state of Florida is paying for her trial, and defense...and defense witnesses, who will just refute what the prosecution witnesses will say...all paid for by the State of Florida...why doesn't Rick Scott step in on this issue?! A limit on attorney fees for defendents...something...this is crazy! (oh yeah, his buddies wouldn't like that, so I guess he won't step on their toes...)

Last edited by jasper12; 03-02-2011 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-03-2011, 07:33 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,392,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I can't stand how much money the state of Florida is paying for her trial, and defense...and defense witnesses, who will just refute what the prosecution witnesses will say...all paid for by the State of Florida...why doesn't Rick Scott step in on this issue?! A limit on attorney fees for defendents...something...this is crazy! (oh yeah, his buddies wouldn't like that, so I guess he won't step on their toes...)
I know. Every time I see a report that her defense team is asking for more money my blood pressure rises a notch

Old 03-04-2011, 06:58 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,257,428 times
Update on current court hearings:
Caylee & Casey Anthony: Coverage of the Casey Anthony case, trial updates, photos and more - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM

31 posts, read 31,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You have it all worng.no one forces anyone to believe in innocents or guilty really. The jury is the one who must find proof of judical innocents or guilt. Others are allowed to have their opinon just as in anyhting. Certainly you don't thnik that the prosecutor in case think innocent until proven guilty. Theire are lots who beleive i gulity way before the jury decides in anything really;just as their are people who believe in innoicents after being found guilty.Presumption of innocents is a legal term for where ajury starts and agres to make the prosecutio prove or find innocent no matter what theyreally think. Of course what they hear is limit by the same system .I bet you thni that a felon once he gets out of prison has piad his debt to society;that is a another lie.

Texdav, no on has to prove innocence. The DA must prove guilt beyond a reasonable boubt.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,617,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Casey Anthony Wants Murder Charge Dropped - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

No way in hell. I am going to do everything I can. I will write to the Congressmen/women in FL. There is NO WAY I want this happen.
lol. So did Ted Bundy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime