Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:14 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,609,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Oh they'll make the case. Evidence admitted or evidence excluded, the prosecutors could easily use the emotional tactic to get a jury to convivt. There was even less evidence on Scott Peterson, and look what happened to him.

Not sure about the death penalty though. Judges seem very reluctant to impose it on females other than mass murderers. I think Aileen Wuornous was the only recent execution of a woman in Florida. The only female on Florida's death row is there for a double homicide in the commission of a robbery and kidnapping, also she's from a county (Duval) that is very fond of imposing the death penalty. A single killing.....unlikely it'll be imposed. But it is certainly a possibility given the emotional nature of this case. My best guess is she'll be found guilty on all counts and given LWOP.
I hope you are wrong about the death penalty. If she is found guilty and I am one that thinks she will be, I think she will be sentenced to death. Whether she is even executed will remain to be seen.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:55 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,466,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I hope you are wrong about the death penalty. If she is found guilty and I am one that thinks she will be, I think she will be sentenced to death. Whether she is even executed will remain to be seen.

Nita
I don't think she'll get the death penalty either

Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 PM

27,224 posts, read 47,040,254 times
This is just another tactic from her lawyers who are in it to get more fame...

The case is overwhelming and the girl can and will stay in prison for the rest of her life till they put her to death...JMO!

In some cases I don't believe in innocent until proven guilty, this is one of them...too much evidence!

Old 07-15-2010, 05:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,612,942 times
The 911 calls can be used as evidence.

The list of evidence reviewed by the prosecution/defense is sealed --cannot be publicized.

Equsearch documents can be reviewed by the defense.

Inch by inch.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:52 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,280,246 times
I dont think she will get the death penalty either . I cant believe her parents . They are always boo hoo hoo on Tv . My aunt had a house around the corner from them in orlando and she was friendly with one of their neighbors and she said before all this happened Cindy used to have her nose so far in the air like her poopie did not stink . Also my aunt says that they babysit for someone . Who in their right f***ing mind would let these people babysit their child ?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I dont think she will get the death penalty either . I cant believe her parents . They are always boo hoo hoo on Tv . My aunt had a house around the corner from them in orlando and she was friendly with one of their neighbors and she said before all this happened Cindy used to have her nose so far in the air like her poopie did not stink . Also my aunt says that they babysit for someone . Who in their right f***ing mind would let these people babysit their child ?
It is an all too common occurrence. My friend's family did well financially--both parents used the advantages they had to succeed after WW2. They had 4 kids--nice enough but the money went to their heads in different ways.

The first grandchild--I held my breath for her for a while. Her Mom didn't go quite as far as Casey--more stable parents but she went 'far enough'. I could barely stand to listen to her stories. I believe she thought she was a celebrity--and that was something good.

I really don't like to know the intimate details of others lives. Each story is pretty much the same. Heartwrenching.

I don't really know much about FL--a friend of mine moved down there near Jupiter. The water, the money, the resort atmosphere--is perhaps too much for some. Clearly many others lead productive lives.

I suppose once it becomes clear to a person who has committed a horrific crime that they will possibly die then they can't face the reality. I always thought that the guilt would drive me insane and that I would just confess and go to 'H'.
Has it been two years so far--and does the trial begin in the fall? How many months then.

And now --why does 'Cotton' the Barefoot Bandit not look too worried?

I don't get it--just never will get it.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 PM

24,165 posts, read 32,900,082 times
Nice choice of baby sitter. The grand parents must have at least suspected something was "off " with their daughter - before the bad smell in the car and their grand daughter went missing.
But you know blood is thicker than water for some folks. They only see what they want when it comes to their children or parents.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Nice choice of baby sitter. The grand parents must have at least suspected something was "off " with their daughter - before the bad smell in the car and their grand daughter went missing.
But you know blood is thicker than water for some folks. They only see what they want when it comes to their children or parents.
I believe many parents see the good and bad. Sometimes some kids are 'strong willed' for lack of a better term. It is not so easy to know the Right thing to do or the right time to do it--I suppose.

It's been said over and over again--things had not been good prior to the birth of Kaylee.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,466,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
They knew she was off, which is why I don't know understand them letting her take the child away from the house like that in the first place. But I guess they don't consider what she did that big of a deal since they've been lying for her this whole time and continue to lie for her. The loony mother said she still thinks Caylee is alive

Old 07-19-2010, 06:02 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,591,082 times
As a mother of a strong willed daughter (she is now almost 21 with a 3 year old), I can truly say this is all a hard call for me. I can't even begin to imagine what this grandmother has went through. To lose a grandchild you adore and a daughter all at the same time.....is just tough. I have always felt there were hidden family secrets and something not quite right, but until all is said and done, I'm probably going to keep some emotional support going for the grandmother involved....if only out of complete sympathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime