Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:03 PM

218 posts, read 149,289 times

Advertisements

and have you been getting your information about this case from watching the trial or from listening to talking heads on TV, i.e. HLN channel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,035,620 times
100% guilty, no doubt in my mind.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 PM

18,548 posts, read 19,178,942 times
there are several threads on this in the true crime folder

Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
100% guilty, no doubt in my mind.
Where are you getting your information on the case? Have you listened to much of the live trial testimony? The defense has not even completed their case yet. Do you believe in presumed innocent UNTIL proven guilty?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
there are several threads on this in the true crime folder
Oh. Where is the true crime folder?

I think this case is so very, very high profile that it falls into the "Other Controversies" category. However, I had no clue there is a true crime folder.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 PM

18,548 posts, read 19,178,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Oh. Where is the true crime folder?

I think this case is so very, very high profile that it falls into the "Other Controversies" category. However, I had no clue there is a true crime folder.

lol, the folder is past the "politic" folder, keep scrolling to the T's and there you will find it

Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,130,020 times
I have been following this story on multiple channels/programs.

Giving Casey the benefit of a doubt............

I believe Casey was using chloroform and other drugs to keep Caylee asleep when she didn't want to ask her mother to watch her......and accidently overdosed her.

I think she put the duct tape over Caylee's mouth and nose in an attemp to stop decomposition fluids from oozing out all over the trunk of the car.

.....................or..............

After that big fight with her mother, Casey's only thought was to punish her mother by taking Caylee away from her forever........"I'll show YOU!"

So, she knocked Caylee out with chloroform so she wouldn't struggle while Casey was smothering her with the duct tape.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt about exactly how and why Caylee died to keep Casey off death row......but that's all.

Accidently or on purpose, I am positive Casey killed her.

I think she will get life without parole.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have been following this story on multiple channels/programs.

Giving Casey the benefit of a doubt............

I believe Casey was using chloroform and other drugs to keep Caylee asleep when she didn't want to ask her mother to watch her......and accidently overdosed her.

I think she put the duct tape over Caylee's mouth and nose in an attemp to stop decomposition fluids from oozing out all over the trunk of the car.

.....................or..............

After that big fight with her mother, Casey's only thought was to punish her mother by taking Caylee away from her forever........"I'll show YOU!"

So, she knocked Caylee out with chloroform so she wouldn't struggle while Casey was smothering her with the duct tape.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt about exactly how and why Caylee died to keep Casey off death row......but that's all.

Accidently or on purpose, I am positive Casey killed her.

I think she will get life without parole.
First scenario, I agree with you on that one.

The state put on in their case that the duct tape is what killed her. I don't agree with that theory at all. The expert testimony regarding the duct tape did not support that scenario.

I don't think she should get the death penalty based on the testimony I've heard so far. She was involved IMO but not premeditated first degree murder.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,673,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
and have you been getting your information about this case from watching the trial or from listening to talking heads on TV, i.e. HLN channel?
If I even comment..(just have) this Thread will probably be CLOSED.

This forum seems like Casey's courtroom...with Nancy Grace as Judge.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,520,986 times
Of course she'll get the benefit of the doubt and the benefit of comfortable excuses as seen in this thread, she's a semi-cute young white woman who killed her own baby. Now OJ on the other hand, he was actually aquitted but will never get that same benefit..Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime