Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 04:16 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,871,073 times

Advertisements

Im glad the parole board refused her. she died where she should have...in jail. I have as much sympathy for her as she had for Jay Sebring, The LaBianca's, Sharon tate, Gary Hinman. Steven Parent, Wojciech Frykowski, Abigale Folger and the unborn child of the Polanskis. They are the ones that should be remembered. those that inflicted about 100 stab wounds should be forgoten and buried as the most worthless humans.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:38 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,313,679 times
A cousin of mine in Central California remembered her in his high school, and he said that she was "weird" even then. She was probably easy prey for Manson. As full of $hit as he was, he certainly knew how to find the gullible ones.

I'm just grateful that he remains in prison, too. While he did not lay his own hands on the victims he went to trial for, the system proved that there would always be bloodshed following him. He did kill someone but I don't believe it was any of the ones he was charged with.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:10 PM

5,590 posts, read 6,524,053 times
"As much as I hate what she did, I'm surprised to see so many posts celebrating the death of another person. However, I'm glad she was denied parole.[/quote]

And why not celebrate the death of a pos that did what she did? I don't care if she was mentally deranged, had the mentality of a 2/8/12...fill in the blank year old, was looking for the meaning of life, was looking for a father figure, had developed Stockholm syndrome, was trying to find herself, was young, was impressionable, or whatever other many excuses some people will come up with because they "feel" for these "lost souls", anyone who did what she did does not deserve to live one day past their guilty verdict. This case is not one that is unsure, this case was a definite "she did it". Yes, I celebrate her death, it should have happened one day before Sharon Tate's.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM

184 posts, read 438,671 times
Manson was deserted by his mother as a little boy. He was moved around alot. So, it's no surprise he turned out like this. Children need warmth and love. They also need structure. Every criminal you hear about has come from a broken home. In Manson's case, I believe he had no mother or father. The parents are to blame.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 AM

26,763 posts, read 26,875,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I too am glad she was not released... Yes, I do understand Mason followers were young and I am sure they lived to regret what they did, but they did it.
Atkins appeared to regret her actions before her death, as does Leslie Van Houten (still at the California Institution for Women). It does make you wonder what brought these women to participate in these murders, having started out--apparently--in somewhat stable families or with uneventful childhoods. I guess Susan Atkins' life started to veer off course when she was a young teenger.
The Defendants in the Charles Manson trial.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:45 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,313,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
Manson was deserted by his mother as a little boy. He was moved around alot. So, it's no surprise he turned out like this. Children need warmth and love. They also need structure. Every criminal you hear about has come from a broken home. In Manson's case, I believe he had no mother or father. The parents are to blame.

It is no excuse for him.

Manson may not have received the proper nurturing in his formative years but if he went to school and grew up amidst people (as opposed to living in a remove mountain away from civilization), he knew damn well what was accepted and NOT accepted in society. I'm sure he knew what prisons were for and how people got there.

I don't buy it. Nor do I believe they all come from broken homes.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:00 PM

848 posts, read 1,954,574 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, it would seem the only way to inject reality into people with this mindset is to have them or a loved one become a victim.

Nothing you've stated approaches a valid excuse for his heinous crimes.

Manson should have been put to death decades ago, along with Susan Atkins and the rest of the Manson "family" involved in the Tate/LaBianca murders.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,004,655 times
Quote:
No excuse.

I've had friends with abusive (physically and mentally) alcoholics for parents. They haven't committed murder (that I know of). They're hard-working tax payers who try to enjoy life, and let others do the same.

No one to blame but Manson himself - and last I heard, he's still unrepentent.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,673,894 times
I think a combo of childhood abuse, too many drugs and the societal influences/backdrop of the era influenced these acts. It was as if a "perfect storm" to create the situation.
For the "girls," it did seem like classic brainwashing, too--so many drugs diminish your normal "boundaries/ego."
You still wonder, with all of that, how does someone hurt an innocent being in such a savage way? They still belong/belonged in prison. There has to be the price paid for crimes.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,628,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
No excuse.

I've had friends with abusive (physically and mentally) alcoholics for parents. They haven't committed murder (that I know of). They're hard-working tax payers who try to enjoy life, and let others do the same.

No one to blame but Manson himself - and last I heard, he's still unrepentent.
Manson DOESN'T want to leave prison because he knows the minute that he was released he would be murdered. That's why he acts even crazier than he actually is at parole hearings, so he won't be released.

Growing up in California I heard stories for years about people who would kill Manson the minute he walked through the gates to the outside.

Paul Tate did swear personally that he would kill Manson if Manson was ever released because of his daughter's murder. While Paul Tate has passed on, I don't think there is any shortage of people who want to kill Manson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime