Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 07:05 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,584,973 times

Advertisements

This may be a little late in mentioning this but I am very outraged! A month or so ago the California parole board had recommended that convicted Manson killer Bruce Davis should be released from prison. He was not involved in the Tate-LaBianca killings but along with Manson and another follower ( Steve " Clem Tufts " Grogan) he took part in ranch hand Donald " Shorty " Shea's murder. Grogan was released in 1985. These two animals-Davis and Grogan- should remain behind bars for the rest of their lives. They were lucky they did not die in the gas chamber at San Quentin because the death penalty in California was abolished from 1972 to 1976. It has to go through higher powers to get Davis's release approved and I hope it gets denied. He may have rehabilitated while in prison but because of the heinous nature of the crime he should remain there until he dies. I also feel Grogan should have never been released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Prisons are, and always will be, a luxury to any society, as the neverending recession is proving to be. CA is under the gun to release some 10,000 this year. And other states who can't afford these luxuries anymore?

We have among the highest sentences for crimes in this country of waste and do we feel any safer on our streets as a result of it?

Check the maximum sentences for murder in Israel or other parts of Europe and you may be shocked. And, where do I feel safer? Walking the streets of Europe, or even Central America!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
That is as good a arugument for the death penalty as i have hear. The life sentence is not within the states abilty to assure the public to be true.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:29 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,504 times
"Helter Skelter" an absolute must read for anyone wanting to know the history behind Manson. I read it in 7th grade and couldn't put it down.

I guess they have at least served a long sentence, but I believe in the death penalty, especially when there is no doubt as to their guilt.

Charley ain't ever getting out!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
He sin't getting pout because its would be hazardous to the person(s) doing so and politcan(s) that didn't stop it.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 PM

2,616 posts, read 3,145,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Prisons are, and always will be, a luxury to any society, as the neverending recession is proving to be. CA is under the gun to release some 10,000 this year. And other states who can't afford these luxuries anymore?

We have among the highest sentences for crimes in this country of waste and do we feel any safer on our streets as a result of it?

Check the maximum sentences for murder in Israel or other parts of Europe and you may be shocked. And, where do I feel safer? Walking the streets of Europe, or even Central America!
Makes a lot of sense. State of CA releases 10,000 violent offenders while making it impossible for many citizens to obtain CCW permits. Sheriff Sandra Hutchens of Orange County takes it a step further and revokes permits issued by the previous sheriff, claiming they were not justified. I guess a celebrity or politician in CA can get a permit. Average taxpaying sheep are not worthy. The inmates truly are running the asylum.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 PM

2,616 posts, read 3,145,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
"Helter Skelter" an absolute must read for anyone wanting to know the history behind Manson. I read it in 7th grade and couldn't put it down.

I guess they have at least served a long sentence, but I believe in the death penalty, especially when there is no doubt as to their guilt.

Warm up the gas chambers and start an express lane.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
I was very much against the death penalty until I read Bugliosi's book. Which was incredibly graphic for its time. What happened to all of the victims of the Manson family was sickening.

Keep these people locked up and throw away the keys.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
"Davis was deemed to have earned parole because he remained discipline-free since 1980 and participated in all available education, vocation and self-help programs, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. He became a born-again Christian and married a woman he met through the prison ministry.

"But while virtually everyone agrees that Davis has been a model prisoner, some believe the only way to adequately pay for his crimes is to spend the rest of his life behind bars."

Bruce Davis, one of Manson's 'family', may soon go free | ScrippsNews

Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

I have that book. I'ver read it twice. Great read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime