Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:55 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,841,173 times

Advertisements

Re- Molestation; I think that if Casey had been molested by her father she would have told someone. She is an attention ***** and probably would have confessed to a boyfriend or someone else to gain sympathy. She was raised in that area and there are several childhood friends who have come forward and been interviewed- and I strongly believe Casey would have leveraged this if it were true.

An exboyfriend called her diabolical. And the mother's family doesn't seem to hold Casey in high regard either. There were copies of e mails released from Cindy's brother telling Cindy she was crazy to believe anything Casey said.

There is a video from right before Caylee's disappearance of her sitting on an older man's lap. Apparently that man is Cindy's father and he lives in the Orlando area. But throughout this firestorm, no relatives other than the immediate family (parents and brother) have publicly or vocally defended Casey. And not one friend has come forward to say anything nice about Casey unless it was also peppered with negatives. As a matter of fact, most of the people who know Casey don't seem to like or trust her very much.

It's very telling- I think if I were accused of something horrible my entire family- including extended family from all over the country- would not hesitate to jump to my defense. And my friends- both adult and childhood friends- would also speak well of me.

I know there are always those people who will want to exploit a situation to get their names in the news and will say anything to get there- but I strongly believe the number of my defenders would far exceed the number of people who had negative things to say. That's not the case at all with Casey.

Did she have any real friends? Did anyone in her family think anything good of her? It appears not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,686,093 times
Remember, the grandfather was on tape/video being interviewed by the police right after he picked up Casey's car from having been towed and impounded.

He told the police, "ill be honest with you, the car smelled - it smelled like, well, like a dead body was in it okay?"

Old 12-13-2008, 06:21 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,841,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Remember, the grandfather was on tape/video being interviewed by the police right after he picked up Casey's car from having been towed and impounded.

He told the police, "ill be honest with you, the car smelled - it smelled like, well, like a dead body was in it okay?"

From the lips of a former Law Enforcement Officer.

But WAIT! It was rotten pizza!

But WAIT! There was no pizza in the car.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,686,093 times
Oh, I did not hear that! Oy. We should know by Friday if the remains are hers. Until then, the grandparents are not speaking to the media nor are they visiting their daughter becuase their convos are recorded...hmph.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:27 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,545,969 times
All I'm going to say is this:

If, God forbid, this happens to any of you who are bashing the grandparents, you receive a handbook that tells you how to act in a situation like this.

RIP little Caylee

Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,747 times
I think we need to remember that the dynamics of this family BEFORE anything happened to this child is very important to what happened to this child. I thought that the brother Lee who removed the memorial that people at started the other day in front of their home was sad. What really upsets me is that Casey could have authority over what happens to this child and how she is laid to rest. THat makes me sick.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:46 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,924,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
What really upsets me is that Casey could have authority over what happens to this child and how she is laid to rest. THat makes me sick.
It's a body, there's no soul wandering around out there waiting to be "laid to rest".There's nobody there anymore, so it really doesn't matter what happens to it. Burials and funerals are for the living, not the dead. It's not like she can do her any more harm.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:52 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,747 times
I think the idea was that she would have any control over this at all because like me many think she took the child's life away. That was the point. Funerals are very important to the living you are right and many people I;m sure will wants to hold memorial services for this child. I think because the child was killed her body thrown away so animals ripped the bag apart people just want to show her respect now. I sorry though I do believe in Souls and that we are watched by those who have gone on. I think Casie sould have to see her childs remains.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,130,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
How can any parent in their right mind defend someone who didn't REPORT THEIR OWN DAUGHTER MISSING until a MONTH later!. Her father is a former police officer. Her mom, a nurse. Please!! They need their heads knocked together! to wake up!! I think the brother helped her too!!! Just my own opinion.;

It is sad all around!
Because if they admit she did it, they admit they were at fault and failed that baby. They didn't force her to give the baby to them because they knew she was a rotten mother and horrid daughter. They knew but now that the baby is gone, they have to live in denial of their wicked daughters ways or fess up that they were just as responsible for Caylees death as casey is, because they created the casey monster she turned out to be.

I think thye are heavy in denial. BUT i also think they know. They do know she did it. They are grasping at straws when they talk to her hoping she can ease their minds with something that makes sense, but she just keeps spewing lies and they know better. They just won;t admit it. COuld you? YOu know your daughter killed the baby. You know she was a little wench and spoiled and selfish but you never imagined she could go this far. They knew when they turned her in. They backpeddled once it looked for sure like she did it. How would you deal with your child killing your grandchild. would you feel GUILTY MUCH? They LIVED with the parents for godsakes. The parents could have stopped the casey crazy train. BUt they didnt - they let her slide and lie and lie. They know they could have prevented this whole thing. This is part of why they insist she is innocent. FOr they need her to be.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:49 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Because if they admit she did it, they admit they were at fault and failed that baby. They didn't force her to give the baby to them because they knew she was a rotten mother and horrid daughter. They knew but now that the baby is gone, they have to live in denial of their wicked daughters ways or fess up that they were just as responsible for Caylees death as casey is, because they created the casey monster she turned out to be.

I think thye are heavy in denial. BUT i also think they know. They do know she did it. They are grasping at straws when they talk to her hoping she can ease their minds with something that makes sense, but she just keeps spewing lies and they know better. They just won;t admit it. COuld you? YOu know your daughter killed the baby. You know she was a little wench and spoiled and selfish but you never imagined she could go this far. They knew when they turned her in. They backpeddled once it looked for sure like she did it. How would you deal with your child killing your grandchild. would you feel GUILTY MUCH? They LIVED with the parents for godsakes. The parents could have stopped the casey crazy train. BUt they didnt - they let her slide and lie and lie. They know they could have prevented this whole thing. This is part of why they insist she is innocent. FOr they need her to be.
I think there had been heated discussions about Kaylee's welfare and there had been hostility between/among Casey and her parents about this on the night of the disappearance. To gain custody of their granddaughter wouldn't they have to file a lawsuit against Casey--I honestly don't know but this is a pretty drastic step.

Knowing a bit about family dysfunctions myself I assume the parents wanted the best for the grandchild and had done everything possible to help Casey get back on track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime