Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:58 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,093,929 times

Advertisements

If you read the affidavits of Casey's friends and ex-boyfriends, it corroborates the issue of trouble between Casey and her mother over custody of Caylee.

The theory about abuse is interesting. Of course, we don't know and can't say since we're not judge and jury. But when I read that theory, it provided a plausible explanation for why the grandmother at first said the car smelled like a dead body, and then retracted her statement. I think her initial reflected her natural reaction and then she covered up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 04:04 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,912,979 times
This story first broke while we were out of the country and I only saw a few brief clips then. It seemed strange then and even STRANGER now. I've since heard on tv reports recordings of Cindy Anthony's siblings calling and getting onto her for covering up and hiding information. If your own grown siblings are pretty darn sure YOU are covering up something....... makes you wanna go, hmmmm. Cindy's family is going to know how they brought up Casey and the whole deal that went down IN the family that no one else knew about w/ a baby in the picture and trouble there.

As for me...... if it were MY baby/child missing... It would not take me 2 SECONDS to be screaming hysterically. If it were MY baby/kids missing my own parents would be SEVERELY DISTRAUGHT! My dad would be totally beside himself if something happened to his granddaughters. They are his world. If it were me or their father that were to blame my own parents would be LIVID and I don't know if I could hold them back from doing any hurt to ANYONE that could have possibly harmed them. I'd say that holds for most NORMAL families. The Anthony family is NOT "normal" by any means.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:22 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,093,929 times
Channel 9 in Orlando has updated their website's "duct tape" story with a paragraph about how investigators are gathering evidence against the Anthonys in order to charge them with obstruction of justice.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:25 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,912,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
channel 9 in orlando has updated their website's "duct tape" story with a paragraph about how investigators are gathering evidence against the anthonys in order to charge them with obstruction of justice.
good!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:41 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,462,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
Channel 9 in Orlando has updated their website's "duct tape" story with a paragraph about how investigators are gathering evidence against the Anthonys in order to charge them with obstruction of justice.

good!!! ditto!

Old 12-12-2008, 05:09 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,572,965 times
I think that there isn't too much doubt that Casey is guilty and the parents might be guilty of obstruction of justice but that is a world away from molestation. They are definately in denial about their daughter but let's direct our anger at who really is most likely responsible for this tragedy - casey. i think it is clear she has severe mental problems and that may or may not have anything to do with her parents.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,253,111 times
I felt harsh against the grandparents initially, but after giving it some thought, I can understand why they had a hard time accepting the whole idea that their daughter killed their granddaughter. What a horrible thing for any parents to have to deal with. They not only lost their grandchild that they loved dearly, but also their only daughter who looks to be (and probably is) one of the monster mothers in history. Maybe they thought by trying to protect her, they could avoid the inevitable.

I feel incredibly sorry for these people who were just an average middle class working American family until all this came falling on their heads. Now they will have to plan a funeral at Christmas for a baby with the whole world watching with their daughter facing the death penalty. If I were in their position, I would have already totally lost my mind.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,944,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
I think that there isn't too much doubt that Casey is guilty and the parents might be guilty of obstruction of justice but that is a world away from molestation. They are definately in denial about their daughter but let's direct our anger at who really is most likely responsible for this tragedy - casey. i think it is clear she has severe mental problems and that may or may not have anything to do with her parents.
I don't think the grandparents are in denial - I think they KNOW the truth but have thought up to this point that they could remain together claiming that Caylee was alive and that people would just have to believe them.

I think that Casey killed Caylee to keep her parents from gaining custody. Kind of like a man killing his ex-wife or ex-girlfriend with the "If I can't have her, no one can" attitude. I believe that Casey killed her daughter and the grandparents feel somehow guilty for "pushing" her to that point so they have agreed to help her cover it up.

They have probably spent their entire lives trying to fix their daughter's problems so this is just another step in that series of bad choices.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
Persoanlly;i thnik tasht they are just like all parents. They first want to beleive that the grand daughter is alive. The they certtinly don't want to beleieve that their daughter did it. If you have a dughter think if teh police said your daughter killed a person and then that was your grand daughter murdered. Its unbeliebeable to a normal person ;period.Its just likie most parents don't beleieve that their child could committ murder.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:07 AM

560 posts, read 2,189,438 times
I know many parents who have raised troubled teens through no fault of their own. I don't agree with everything the Anthony's have done, but I think they are/were desperate to find their granddaughter.

They did what any responsible parents would do, they welcomed their pregnant, unmarried daughter into their home with open arms. They provided a secure enviornment for their granddaughter to be raised in.

According to news reports, Casey didn't even have a job which means the parents were paying for everything.

When Casey left with Caylee they questioned her about where she was staying and when it got to the point where they no longer could believe their daughter they called in the authorities.

Part of me thinks that the reason they have stood by their daughter is in some type of desperate hope that she would tell them where Caylee is. I couldn't imagine having to face the fact that my child had killed my grandchild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime