Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM

24,165 posts, read 32,929,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I recently watched a tv presentation of the murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer. Then I looked her story up in Wikipedia.

She was friends with Kennedy. There was, as in the Marylin Monroe case, a missing diary. Dorothy Killgallen also died with notes missing. Dorothy had been the only reporter who got an interview with Ruby and told her friend the night before that she was going to go public with the information, but died that night or the next day before she could.

Anyway, Mary Meyer's husband was in the CIA. He kept his mouth shut until on his deathbed and then he was asked who killed his ex wife. He said
"The same sons of ******* that killed John F. Kennedy."

Her husband was not a conspiracy theorist. He knew. I think he meant the CIA or some branch of the military.

There was a lot of pressure put on Kennedy, during the Cuban missile crisis, to bomb. That would have started, probably, a war with the Soviets. Those pressuring Kennedy to bomb seriously thought we could win such a war and come out of it being the greatest and only power in the world.

Marilyn and Mary were pacifists, some might say with Communist leanings. Dorothy had a big mouth.

He was killed, I think by our own government. Why else would our government try to whitewash and cover up what really happened? If it were some other influence we would have warred on like we are doing in retaliation for 911. No, it was elements in our own government, probably part of the 'military industrial complex' that Eisenhower tried to warn us about.

Few people, at the time, believed the Warren Commission. There seemed more obstruction by the government than revelation. Lyndon Johnson got so fed up with the controversy that he said the entire evidence that was compiled by the government would be sealed for one hundred years and then made public. I had heard that the information has disappeared.

There were polls at the time and over half the public did not believe the official story. I don't.

Brilliant!

I agree with all of this. Why is everything sealed? So that those of us who remember even vaguely this event will be gone. And no one will be left to know it's gone or care.

Also, agree about President Eisenhower's warning. And their part in this assassination and others.

This would have been termed a coup d' etat had it happened in a thirds world country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 07:54 AM

14,994 posts, read 24,109,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Brilliant!

I agree with all of this. Why is everything sealed?
Yet another internet myth that keeps on getting repeated is that there are millions of secret documents on the Kennedy assasination sealed by the US government...previous sealed records on the Kennedy assasination were opened up to the public in the early 90s, over 5 million pages of records. They include CIA reports, FBI reports, etc. They were thouroughly combed through by conspiracy theorists, nothing significant was found. Very little remains sealed today, although they have been reviewed by independent sources and have been determined to not be relevant to any conspiracy theory. The few remaining records will be released in 2017.

Frequently Asked Questions

Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,095,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist sympathizer. He was indocrinated by Cuban communists when he was in Cuba. I believe his wife was Russian. Any adult who lived through that time period knows Oswald acted alone. Ruby was a super US patriot and killed Oswald out of hatred. There was no conspiracy only one gunman and he got lucky with his shot.
This is a flat out lie.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:47 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,842,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist sympathizer. He was indocrinated by Cuban communists when he was in Cuba. I believe his wife was Russian. Any adult who lived through that time period knows Oswald acted alone. Ruby was a super US patriot and killed Oswald out of hatred. There was no conspiracy only one gunman and he got lucky with his shot.
Wrong, he went to Russia but was denied access to Cuba, he was a patsy in a much larger plan.

There is no way he was able to shoot that rifle, reload it and shoot it again, it would take more than a "lucky shot".

Ruby ended up dying in the hospital very quickly, two of the strippers who worked at the club also died under mysterious circumstances shortly after.

Years ago another woman who worked at the club spoke up about Ruby and the strippers dying. She said "I kept my mouth shut about what I saw going on in the club prior to 11/22/63 and lived".

Too many witnesses heard and saw things that indicated there was more than one shooter. Including a deaf man who said he saw a man with a rifle.

And the poster who mentioned Dorothy Kilgallen is correct, she had been working for a couple of years gathering information and said she was close to an answer when she was found dead in her apt.

Supposedly it was a suicide, those who knew her said she didn't sleep in the bedroom she was found in. They never believed she killed herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime