Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Why do you keep multi quoting me? personal attacks arent necessary.

I don't have to justify my opinion of that jury to you.

Negligence in that she threw a dead baby in the trunk of her car, why else would Casey have parked it at the dumpster near Amscot. Its beyond obvious.

Dr vass was intelligent and convincing, if i were on the jury Id have taken notes. Baez simply used a basic smokescreen, a picture of a kid trying to open a sliding glass door doesnt prove she could, at two years old, climb into a pool that high and drown herself. Its utterly ridiculous. A two year cannot swim alone. Or climb a ladder like that. Not everyone is as stupid as that jury was.
I agree about Vass.

Here's the problem, or wizardry of Baez's accidental drowning defense. The jury didn't convict on manslaughter because it wasn't convinced bard that Caylee died due to Casey's negligence supervising her around the pool. I admit, if it meant convicting her of something more serious than lying, I'd have voted to convict of manslaughter though I believe it was murder.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:20 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
We dont NEED to accept a murderer, or read books from materialistic jurors. Everyone has an opinion, and unless we currently live in China, is entitled to express it.

That jury would have let Charles Manson off, as there was no "smoking gun". Idiots.
Actually, yes you do need to accept that she was found not guilty. I didn't say a single word about needing to read books. You are entitled to state your opinion. I am entitled to rebut said opinion.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,563,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Actually, yes you do need to accept that she was found not guilty. I didn't say a single word about needing to read books. You are entitled to state your opinion. I am entitled to rebut said opinion.
There is a difference between accepting her and accepting the verdict.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:05 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
There is a difference between accepting her and accepting the verdict.
Unless you are going to have future dealings with her, I don't see the need to "accept her".

Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,563,339 times
Quote:
Unless you are going to have future dealings with her, I don't see the need to "accept her".
I wouldn't accept her if I did have future dealings with her. I think I'd quit my job before I'd provide any service to her if my employer tried to force the issue.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,608,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I agree about Vass.

Here's the problem, or wizardry of Baez's accidental drowning defense. The jury didn't convict on manslaughter because it wasn't convinced bard that Caylee died due to Casey's negligence supervising her around the pool. I admit, if it meant convicting her of something more serious than lying, I'd have voted to convict of manslaughter though I believe it was murder.
Vass and other science presented required note taking and debate, would have taken a few days at least if jurors actually cared about a decent verdict.

Bosco- take a valium. If you were a juror, so sorry for your loss

I wouldnt call Baez "wizardry", it was more like a snow job, but thats fine...the jurors were too stupid to see beyond it. Jazz, I agree manslaughter at least.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,322,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I love how you say that with a negative connotation, like preserving the integrity of the American legal system is somehow less important than enforcing your skewed sense of justice. I guess we should all just operate on emotion and bias and then maybe we can see true justice being performed, like the West Memphis Three, right?
If this case is an example of "preserving the integrity of the American legal system," then perhaps the system needs an overhaul.

As for the West Memphis Three, I am familiar with that case and (1) it is absolutely nothing like what happened here so why cite it and (2) FYI, I believe the boys are innocent.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I am the parent of young children. I think that people need to ACCEPT THE FACT (yes, FACT) that Casey was found not guilty and move on. I am not happy about anything in this case.

Nothing nauseating about that!
I am glad to hear it.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
We dont NEED to accept a murderer, or read books from materialistic jurors. Everyone has an opinion, and unless we currently live in China, is entitled to express it.

That jury would have let Charles Manson off, as there was no "smoking gun". Idiots.
You're absolutely right! It's true. He didn't actually take place in any of the murders. He should appeal with the Pinellas 12 as his jurors!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times
Quote:
I wouldnt call Baez "wizardry", it was more like a snow job, but thats fine...the jurors were too stupid to see beyond it. Jazz, I agree manslaughter at least.
I sure do agree.....but unfortunately in hindsight, manslaughter wasn't what the prosecution was going for. They really did feel they had enough enough to make this a capitol murder case.

You know, I know several reporters who not only attended the trial daily, but have been involved in this case since day one. In addition, there is also local law enforcement who were personally involved and felt this was a very strong case and are not hesitant to speak their opinion on the verdict.

What went wrong with this jury is unbelievable to all. The overall feeling, as I've stated before, is that they were so into the 'media packages' they received until they lost their focus. The ones who didn't....just caved for some reason unknown to any of us.

So, people can say what they want and defend the verdict....but they have no idea what they are talking about. This was a true tragedy of justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime