Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 10:45 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,486,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Grieving mothers don't lie about their child being abducted....a month ago.....when cornered. That is something only someone with something to hide would do. She doesn't care that her daughter died. She cares only for herself. Someone who cared about the child would have been out looking for her from day one....unless she knew she was already dead...and then I guess the correct response, according to some here, is to go party....NOT!!! She either partied because she was glad to be rid of her daughter or to throw the scent off of her. To make it look like everything was normal to buy as much time as possible while her daughter's body rotted and evidence that could convict her was lost. I'd say her plan worked pretty well.

Her actions have nothing to do with delayed grief and everything to do with Casey protecting the only person Casey has ever cared about and that is Casey.
Great post! I tried to rep you but couldn't!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,733,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
dreamofmonterey has been posting on this thread since the beginning. Her opinion is just as valid as any other poster.
Thanks Glory lol hope that isnt one of those trolls we know of Amazing how people cant stand those with real opinions on this matter.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Can we be slightly realistic ? How many mothers have you heard of 'grieved' the way Casey did after her child accidentally died ? I'll answer for you--- None.

I know there are cases where unusual behavior cast suspicion on or contributed to convicting the wrong person. OTOH, there are many more cases where very odd behavior cast suspicion on the guilty person, as in this case.
Yes, except in the case of those jurors in this case who wanted the "who what where when why and how" of the crime explained to them in perfect fashion.........

Dumber than cotton. Hopefully that Ford juror wont become a nurse. If she treats someone in the ER she will want to ask who what where when and why did this happen /. Beyond stupid.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:48 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,708,036 times
She has no moral compass or social conscience. In other words, she's a sociopath, not unlike O.J. Simpson.

And she will be heard from again, just like Simpson.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 AM

14,597 posts, read 23,249,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Thanks Glory lol hope that isnt one of those trolls we know of Amazing how people cant stand those with real opinions on this matter.
Nobody said your opinion wasn't valid (although ironically enough, the post I responded to didn't even have an opinion, but I digress) but merely pointing out your logical fallacy of claiming to care for "abused children" while spending your time posting on a thread discussing the trial verdict.

Makes little sense. This case is over and done with and Caylee has been dead for 3 years now.

Quote:
Yes, except in the case of those jurors in this case who wanted the "who what where when why and how" of the crime explained to them in perfect fashion.........
What audacity! Who could possibly need the answers to those basic questions when deciding the fate of someone's life.

Quote:
Dumber than cotton. Hopefully that Ford juror wont become a nurse. If she treats someone in the ER she will want to ask who what where when and why did this happen /. Beyond stupid.
Yes, great example! Working in the medical field and serving on a death penalty certified jury are exactly the same thing!

Either way I wouldn't worry. St. Petersburg College has one of the better nursing programs in Florida, so Jennifer Ford won't have much trouble finding work once she graduates.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yeah, she doesn't matter anymore. She's dead. Once you're dead no one cares if justice is done for you.

What has our society come to that we think so little of a little girl who was murdered?
Exactly. Anyone who has been a victim of crime, or has empathy (and a brain unlike the Pinellas Cty jury) can see this.

Even if murder could not be proven, negligence on the part of Casey was without a doubt. The jury had 26 pp of instructions...hmm ...that was prolly too much for them.

The science presented by Dr Vass alone would have required notes, and a few days deliberation....it isnt junk science, it's research... but this jury would have considered Thomas Edison or Einstein a proponent of junk science since they clearly had no ability to analyze theory and grey areas....research in science is not black and white, its isnt like watching CSI or whatever reality trash they watch

Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 PM

14,597 posts, read 23,249,229 times
Quote:
Exactly. Anyone who has been a victim of crime, or has empathy (and a brain unlike the Pinellas Cty jury) can see this.
So you're saying you wanted them to convict on emotion and not on evidence? Fair enough, but that opinion is in direct conflict with our legal system.

Quote:
Even if murder could not be proven, negligence on the part of Casey was without a doubt.
On what grounds was there negligence?

Quote:
The science presented by Dr Vass alone would have required notes, and a few days deliberation....it isnt junk science, it's research... but this jury would have considered Thomas Edison or Einstein a proponent of junk science since they clearly had no ability to analyze theory and grey areas....research in science is not black and white, its isnt like watching CSI or whatever reality trash they watch
90% of what Dr. Vass presented was not peer reviewed, substantiated science. Alot of it was still in the theory phase and was easily attacked.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Why do you keep multi quoting me? personal attacks arent necessary.

I don't have to justify my opinion of that jury to you.

Negligence in that she threw a dead baby in the trunk of her car, why else would Casey have parked it at the dumpster near Amscot. Its beyond obvious.

Dr vass was intelligent and convincing, if i were on the jury Id have taken notes. Baez simply used a basic smokescreen, a picture of a kid trying to open a sliding glass door doesnt prove she could, at two years old, climb into a pool that high and drown herself. Its utterly ridiculous. A two year cannot swim alone. Or climb a ladder like that. Not everyone is as stupid as that jury was.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:56 PM

9,376 posts, read 12,031,400 times
Negligence is not reporting your child missing or drowned. If that isn't negligence, I don't know what is. And if it isn't, then I guess it is ok for any parent to leave their child alone to do what they wish. And if that child drowned, as Baez claimed that Casey told him, then where was ANYONE when she climbed that ladder and tried to swim? You DO NOT leave a 2 yr old alone EVER, especially around a big hole with water in it. I don't walk away from a two yr. old in a bathtub with far less water, for one second!

Don't split hairs, you know better than that, whether the legal system and it's people do or not, it is pure common sense to normal people. But then, we know that whole family is just not normal and unfortunately, there are many more abnormal people out there who are negligent parents.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:59 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,486,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Negligence is not reporting your child missing or drowned. If that isn't negligence, I don't know what is. And if it isn't, then I guess it is ok for any parent to leave their child alone to do what they wish. And if that child drowned, as Baez claimed that Casey told him, then where was ANYONE when she climbed that ladder and tried to swim? You DO NOT leave a 2 yr old alone EVER, especially around a big hole with water in it. I don't walk away from a two yr. old in a bathtub with far less water, for one second!

Don't split hairs, you know better than that, whether the legal system and it's people do or not, it is pure common sense to normal people. But then, we know that whole family is just not normal and unfortunately, there are many more abnormal people out there who are negligent parents.
Sometimes when discussing this subject on C-D, I feel like people are playing word games with us and using those word games to justify the jury's verdict. (Although then they will turn around and say they don't think Casey is innocent, even though they are glad she got off.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime