Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 11:14 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,322,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I sure do agree.....but unfortunately in hindsight, manslaughter wasn't what the prosecution was going for. They really did feel they had enough enough to make this a capitol murder case.

You know, I know several reporters who not only attended the trial daily, but have been involved in this case since day one. In addition, there is also local law enforcement who were personally involved and felt this was a very strong case and are not hesitant to speak their opinion on the verdict.

What went wrong with this jury is unbelievable to all. The overall feeling, as I've stated before, is that they were so into the 'media packages' they received until they lost their focus. The ones who didn't....just caved for some reason unknown to any of us.

So, people can say what they want and defend the verdict....but they have no idea what they are talking about. This was a true tragedy of justice.
I agree 100%!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,608,823 times
Quote:
I sure do agree.....but unfortunately in hindsight, manslaughter wasn't what the prosecution was going for. They really did feel they had enough enough to make this a capitol murder case.

You know, I know several reporters who not only attended the trial daily, but have been involved in this case since day one. In addition, there is also local law enforcement who were personally involved and felt this was a very strong case and are not hesitant to speak their opinion on the verdict.

What went wrong with this jury is unbelievable to all. The overall feeling, as I've stated before, is that they were so into the 'media packages' they received until they lost their focus. The ones who didn't....just caved for some reason unknown to any of us.

So, people can say what they want and defend the verdict....but they have no idea what they are talking about. This was a true tragedy of justice.
yes, exactly. Also does anyone recall in the beginning there was a detective (before Melich) who had to resign bcs he "knew" Casey... and it would have tainted the case? The case had loose ends...the jury was too lazy....there are still unanswered issues...

No one should defend a child murderer, which is all she is. If Vince Bugliosi was prosecuting that ccase Casey would be in jail for life He is a great attorney. Brilliant.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
What do you mean by "no one should defend a child murderer" monterey?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:42 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,084,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Bosco- take a valium. If you were a juror, so sorry for your loss
Why would I need a Valium? I'm perfectly content to handle anything you can throw at me with your elementary understanding of the law and legal system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
If this case is an example of "preserving the integrity of the American legal system," then perhaps the system needs an overhaul.
I've repeatedly issued challenges to people here to tell us what that overhaul should be. So far, those challenges have gone mostly unanswered.

Care to take a shot?

Quote:
As for the West Memphis Three, I am familiar with that case and (1) it is absolutely nothing like what happened here so why cite it and (2) FYI, I believe the boys are innocent.
Oh, but they are very similar. The murder victims being young children, a large emotional frenzy being built up by a media that had the suspects convicted before the case even went to trial, irrelevant biases used by the prosecution, weak to non-existent evidence, shoddy work by local law enforcement.

Oh, and I too believe those boys are innocent, and when their convictions are overturned (later this summer if I'm not mistaken) I think it will be a very big event.

Quote:
In addition, there is also local law enforcement who were personally involved and felt this was a very strong case and are not hesitant to speak their opinion on the verdict.
Funny you should mention that, because if these people work for the Orange County Sheriff's Office, they need to look no further than the closest mirror to see a major reason why there was a not guilty verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What do you mean by "no one should defend a child murderer" monterey?
Sounds to me like she's saying she wants to violate the rights that the accused are guaranteed in the U.S Constitution.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I've repeatedly issued challenges to people here to tell us what that overhaul should be. So far, those challenges have gone mostly unanswered.

Care to take a shot?
As others have repeatedly answered you, more and better juror education.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
As others have repeatedly answered you, more and better juror education.
That's an extremely vague response. Try again.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
That's an extremely vague response. Try again.
Sorry, I'm not into playing word games about this subject.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not into playing word games about this subject.
You're apparently not into backing up your opinions with a logical argument either.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You're apparently not into backing up your opinions with a logical argument either.
Not when it comes to people who twist everyone else's posts with word games.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:13 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
By a show of hands, (and be honest), how many of you watched every last minute of that trial, including jury selection? How many of you watched the hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and never missed a single moment, not even a minute, not even 30 seconds to go use the restroom, how many of you watched every. single. moment. of that trial?

I have.

And while I sit here and read page after page of people thinking with their emotions, people stating "this was proven, that was proven", (no, the cadaver dog was retired after this because it had been giving false positives, they didn't set up the cars in the way they should have been set up to get an accurate reading from the dog, etc so there goes the dog theory...it was stated, accurately, that chloroform can be found due to a number of chemicals and reactions, and, coincidentally, the guy, (I forgot his name), who testified that CA had searched on her computer some high number of times for "chloroform" actually was not true. His test was inaccurate and he went back and stated that it was inaccuarate that in fact, her computer showed ONE search for chloroform, and let's not forget that her bf's MySpace page had that stupid "motivational poster" of some guy putting a cloth towards his date's face and the caption saying something about getting her with chloroform...gee, maybe she looked up how to spell the word...the "science" for the scent of decomposition in the car is not proven science and while DNA may have been that way once as well, it cannot be taken as gospel truth because it is. not. proven., no one knows, not even Dr. G, no one knows how Caylee died and without knowing HOW she died, it is impossible to say who killed her, there was no evidence tying Casey to Caylee's death no matter how many times some of you keep saying it's so, the duct tape was NOT found on the mouth, it was NOT found on the mouth, it was NOT found on the mouth, there is no evidence that Caylee was ever in the trunk of the car.....need I fricken go on?!?!?), I think that most of you did not watch the entire trial and base your opinions simply on snippets from the news or some talking head. NOTHING was proven. Absolutely NOTHING was proven.

ALL we know is that Caylee is dead. Casey was the last person seen with her, yes, but that's all we know. We do not know how she died, we do not know if she was in the trunk of the car, (no evidence), we do not know if Casey did it, (no evidence), we do not know if she used chloroform, (no solid evidence), we do not know if she put duct tape over her mouth and nose, (it was not on her mouth and nose)...everything was speculation.

We know Caylee died. We know Casey was the last to be seen with her. We know Casey lied her ass off about the whereabouts of her daughter. That is ALL we know and despite what some of you lynch mob wish, that is NOT enough to prove that CA murdered her child.

You may not like the American Justice system but that's too bad because that is what we have and that is better than being guilty until (or in some places never), proven innocent.

Would you rather live in a country where women have to prove they were not raped by sticking their tongue to the bottom of a hot pan and if they pull away that means they are lying?

I'll take the American Justice system that, yes, sometimes lets people get away with crimes, over other systems in this world.

I watched the whole fricken thing. I suggest some of you go and watch the whole fricken thing. It took me weeks to watch it.

You are more than welcome to watch it and then come back, using FACTS, NOT emotions, to prove your points.

I don't care what Nancy Grace says, I don't care what Aphrodite Jones says, I don't care what some guy's aunt's sister's boyfriend's boss said. Stop allowing other people to think for you.

Here's the link...it's going to take you quite awhile. No fast forwarding, no skipping, I don't care how boring it gets for you. If you get up to make a sandwich, use the bathroom, go to work, have a life, put it on pause and start from where you left off. Watch every. single. moment. Watch the entire thing:

VIDEO ARCHIVE: Casey Anthony Murder Trial - The Casey Anthony Case News Story - WFTV Orlando (http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28083402/detail.html - broken link)

Bosco is not a "know it all", he's one of the few here who is actually using RATIONAL thought. Some of you are accusing him of being happy that CA went free. You don't know what he thinks about that. What he's doing is sticking with the evidence and facts. He's not running on emotion. I don't want anyone on my jury, should I ever be accused of something, who is going to speculate and judge based on their emotions instead of evidence and facts.

Whether you like it or not, some times, there is NOT enough evidence to convict someone. It does not matter what we "think" happened, it matters what evidence shows us. If there is no fricken evidence, you cannot convict. Why on earth is that so difficult for some of you to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime