Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 09:05 PM

125 posts, read 125,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post

It's just so silly to think Jon Benet happened upon two intruders…
No, it is not. When a burglary goes bad (meaning someone is inadvertently killed during the caper) it is usually because the burglar is unexpectedly discovered by a resident or neighbor. It happens all the time. And it just so happens that the Ramseys were leaving for vacation that very morning. In case you do not recognize the importance of this fact, burglaries have a tendency to occur while the residents are on vacation and they are often committed by subjects who are familiar enough with the residents to have acquired some information regarding their travel plans.

In this case, the burglars were caught in the act by a six year old girl who knew one of them well enough to identify them both to police.

Quote:
who bashed her head in staged the murder scene by writing a ridiculous ransom note which knew John Ramsey's exact bonus for that year and was written on a pad from the home (as well as using phrases that Patsy was known to use)...then took the time to garrot and defile the poor little girl...all without concern of waking the family...
I have already addressed this in a previous post.

Quote:
...and then risk having to commit a triple murder...to what steal some jewelry and a vcr???
That an arrest for burglary could be so personally devastating to one of the intruders is telling as to his identity. The average burglar is a ne'er-do-well drug addict with a police record and enough experience with the criminal justice system to understand that it is not worth risking first degree murder for a mere burglary charge. Indeed, the average burglar would have simply bolted from the residence as soon as he was discovered by JonBenet, even if she could identify him or his accomplice to police.

Therefore, one of these intruders was no average burglar. He was someone in a position to lose a great deal from a burglary conviction. Perhaps, it means going back to Marion Federal on a supervised release violation, or the loss of a scholarship at CU, or expulsion from law school, or even termination in disgrace from the BPD, followed by a prison term.

Quote:
It is so obvious...the parents committed this murder...
Actually, the evidence obviously exonerates the parents if it is interpreted correctly.

Last edited by SigTurner; 01-25-2014 at 09:13 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 09:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,669,635 times
What the heck do you think the Ramsey's had in the house gold bars??? All red herrings and conjecture on your part...but makes for interesting reading...

Old 01-25-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post

What the heck do you think the Ramsey's had in the house gold bars???
I'm not certain it necessarily matters what valuables the Ramseys had in the house. I suspect that these were likely thrill burglars, more interested in burgling homes for the fun of it than for the swag. I suspect that both burglars were from upper middle class backgrounds, possibly students at CU, and that neither of them were dependent upon swag money in order to support themselves.

Quote:
All red herrings and conjecture on your part...but makes for interesting reading...
Red herrings? Do you even know what a red herring is?

Nearly all of my theory is derived from probability and logical inferences based upon the available evidence. There is very little conjecture in it, such as the ridiculous conjecture that John or Patsy killed JonBenet by accident and then both of them went through a whole series of bizarre and counterintuitive behaviors in order to cover it up.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 AM

26,791 posts, read 26,914,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
burglaries have a tendency to occur while the residents are on vacation and they are often committed by subjects who are familiar enough with the residents to have acquired some information regarding their travel plans.
In one of the videos posted above, it states that there were several burglaries reported in Boulder in the weeks before JonBenet was murdered. Somehow the Boulder Police didn't think the Ramsey house was connected to these. I wonder why.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:23 AM

44,662 posts, read 61,729,772 times
No one as of yet has been able to explain the broken basement window and the unidentified shoe prints outside that window. Solve that and you'll probably solve the mystery of the crime.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
In one of the videos posted above, it states that there were several burglaries reported in Boulder in the weeks before JonBenet was murdered. Somehow the Boulder Police didn't think the Ramsey house was connected to these. I wonder why.
Considering that the Ramseys were leaving for vacation that very morning, plus an impromptu ransom note written with materials obtained inside the house and the body of the intended hostage being found in the basement, plus the rash of recent burglaries, "Burglary Gone Bad" should have been their primary working theory from the very beginning. Instead, they focused on the most convenient suspects, the parents.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:31 PM

Analysis of the ransom note:

Quote:
Mr. Ramsey,
In the full tone of the note, this reads like a young adult addressing a more senior adult.

Quote:
Listen carefully!
Exclamation point more typical of a female writer.

Quote:
We are a group of individuals
TRANSLATION: We are a group of two or three people. I am an individual. I am not really like my accomplice(s).

Quote:
that represent a small foreign faction.
TRANSLATION: We are not foreigners at all. In fact, we are natural born Americans. We live in Boulder. I live within a stone's throw of your house.

Quote:
We do respect your bussiness [sic] but not the country that it serves.
TRANSLATION: Although I may be an employee or intern at Access Graphics, I am also a college student exposed to the sort of anti-American imperialism rhetoric that was en vogue on college campuses at the time.

Quote:
At this time we have your daughter in our posession [sic]. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.
TRANSLATION: I watch a lot of television and a lot of movies.

Quote:
You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account.
TRANSLATION: I heard about the size of your bonus check. When I told my boyfriend accomplice about it, he described you as a greedy corporate pig.

Quote:
$100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery.
TRANSLATION: I am particularly fond of action movies and thrillers. I've seen enough shows about kidnappings to be familiar with the associated jargon. I am educated enough to spell attaché correctly.

Quote:
The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested.
TRANSLATION: I am a female who lives close by but I want you to think that I live far, far, away.

Quote:
If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a [sic] earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter.
TRANSLATION: I just slipped up and revealed that I live within eyeshot of your home.

Quote:
Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for proper burial.
TRANSLATION: I am a churchgoer too. We may even belong to same church. I may be one of those "goth" chicks who likes to dress up as if she is going to a funeral.

Quote:
The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them.
TRANSLATION: Either the note writer really does have two male accomplices or there is only she and one male accomplice and she is attempting to mislead police into searching for two male suspects. The male accomplice(s) are apparently "watching over" JonBenet in another room, namely, the basement, while she is in the kitchen writing the ransom note.

Quote:
Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded.
TRANSLATION: I am trying to sound tough for my male accomplice(s) hoping to sell the idea of kidnapping JonBenet rather than murdering her.

Quote:
If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart [sic] us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back.

You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult.
Sounds like that movie with Dennis Hopper, Keanu Reeves, and Sandra Bullock.

Quote:
Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John!
TRANSLATION: I know you and your family well enough to know that you hail from Atlanta but not well enough to know that only Patsy was really from the South.

Quote:
Victory!
Interestingly, Victory is the name of a movie which had been remade a number of times, including a remake released in 1995 starring Willem Defoe, Irene Jacob, and Sam Neill. Two males, one female in the leading roles.

The story is about a female " violinist (Irene Jacob) who is shanghaied from her indentured servitude by a semi-wealthy island-dweller (Willem Dafoe). Naturally, the woman's owner becomes a bit miffed and sends some goons (including Rufus Sewell and Sam Neill in a rare bad-guy role) after them."

Victory Review 1995 | Movie | Contactmusic.com

It could be that our female note writer presently feels like a captive to her male accomplice(s), having become entangled in a situation of which she wants no part, and is thus reminded of the movie.

Quote:
S.B.T.C
Could it be that our note writer was so foolish as to give us the first or last initials of herself and her two male accomplices, such as the "Steve, Bob, and Tina" Club?

It could also be a mistaken reference to Zeta Beta Tau, a fraternity within walking distance to the Ramsey residence, as in Zeta Beta Tau Club.

It could be a veiled reference to Second Baptist Church about eight miles away down Baseline Rd.

Who knows?

Last edited by SigTurner; 01-26-2014 at 03:51 PM..

Old 01-26-2014, 06:24 PM

9 posts, read 16,046 times
Quote:

In the full tone of the note, this reads like a young adult addressing a more senior adult.

Exclamation point more typical of a female writer.

TRANSLATION: We are a group of two or three people. I am an individual. I am not really like my accomplice(s).

TRANSLATION: We are not foreigners at all. In fact, we are natural born Americans. We live in Boulder. I live within a stone's throw of your house.

TRANSLATION: Although I may be an employee or intern at Access Graphics, I am also a college student exposed to the sort of anti-American imperialism rhetoric that was en vogue on college campuses at the time.

TRANSLATION: I watch a lot of television and a lot of movies.

TRANSLATION: I heard about the size of your bonus check. When I told my boyfriend accomplice about it, he described you as a greedy corporate pig.

TRANSLATION: I am particularly fond of action movies and thrillers. I've seen enough shows about kidnappings to be familiar with the associated jargon. I am educated enough to spell attaché correctly.

TRANSLATION: I am a female who lives close by but I want you to think that I live far, far, away.

TRANSLATION: I just slipped up and revealed that I live within eyeshot of your home.

TRANSLATION: I am a churchgoer too. We may even belong to same church. I may be one of those "goth" chicks who likes to dress up as if she is going to a funeral.

TRANSLATION: Either the note writer really does have two male accomplices or there is only she and one male accomplice and she is attempting to mislead police into searching for two male suspects. The male accomplice(s) are apparently "watching over" JonBenet in another room, namely, the basement, while she is in the kitchen writing the ransom note.

TRANSLATION: I am trying to sound tough for my male accomplice(s) hoping to sell the idea of kidnapping JonBenet rather than murdering her.

Sounds like that movie with Dennis Hopper, Keanu Reeves, and Sandra Bullock.

TRANSLATION: I know you and your family well enough to know that you hail from Atlanta but not well enough to know that only Patsy was really from the South.

Interestingly, Victory is the name of a movie which had been remade a number of times, including a remake released in 1995 starring Willem Defoe, Irene Jacob, and Sam Neill. Two males, one female in the leading roles.

The story is about a female " violinist (Irene Jacob) who is shanghaied from her indentured servitude by a semi-wealthy island-dweller (Willem Dafoe). Naturally, the woman's owner becomes a bit miffed and sends some goons (including Rufus Sewell and Sam Neill in a rare bad-guy role) after them."

Victory Review 1995 | Movie | Contactmusic.com

It could be that our female note writer presently feels like a captive to her male accomplice(s), having become entangled in a situation of which she wants no part, and is thus reminded of the movie.

Could it be that our note writer was so foolish as to give us the first or last initials of herself and her two male accomplices, such as the "Steve, Bob, and Tina" Club?

It could also be a mistaken reference to Zeta Beta Tau, a fraternity within walking distance to the Ramsey residence, as in Zeta Beta Tau Club.

It could be a veiled reference to Second Baptist Church about eight miles away down Baseline Rd.

Who knows?
I have to say that on both forums you have posted this, it's quite interesting. The truth is nobody knows for sure who committed this horrible crime and we most likely never will.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:05 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,652,727 times
Quote:
The truth is nobody knows for sure who committed this horrible crime and we most likely never will.
With respect, I hope you're wrong. There's still time for someone to slip up. And we may be armchair detectives, but the more this topic stays alive, more people younger than we are will gain interest and keep digging.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 AM

26,791 posts, read 26,914,688 times
Quote:
The thing is, there are so many different interpretations of this note.
E.g. Analysis Of The JonBenet Ramsey Ransom Note
"The writer also states in lines #2 and #3 that they "represent a small foreign faction." The use of the word "foreign" doesn't make sense. Even if to us they are foreigners, they wouldn't call themselves foreigners. They are not foreigners to themselves..."
and
JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / Interpreting the Contents of the RN
and
11031997tommilleranalysis.htm
etc. Again, it's hard to know what to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.