Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 2,750 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I will be relocating to Toledo this August for graduate studies at the University of Toledo Health Science Campus. I am looking for recommendations for graduate housing or 2-bedroom apartments with parking facilities in a safe neighborhood; preferably within 10 miles of the campus. It would be a plus to find one that is close to amenities like a supermarket, a fitness center, etc.. I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM

555 posts, read 893,103 times
Carskaddon Avenue (north of UT main campus, runs into Monroe and is backed by I-475) is lined with 1960's-era apartment buildings, all with off-street parking. It's close to shopping, restaurants, and a good public library. I lived there last fall when on sabbatical at UT, walked everywhere, and felt very safe. It's about six miles from the Health Sciences campus.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:25 AM

896 posts, read 1,855,088 times
So many people ask where to live while at the Health Science campus (UTMC). Everyone seems to be open as far as location and distance. So to all future people in the same scenario.....just keep in mind a couple main things.

There isn't a whole lot of rental options close to UTMC/Health campus and the main concentration of apartment complexes that are close along Airport Hwy around Byrne. Avoid these. Unless you're in a truly low income situation these are rough complexes regardless of how new some of them look. There's lots of crime around there and its absolutely not worth any potential savings on rent.

And keep in mind that most any place in the city can be reached within 20 mins in reasonable traffic so unless you require really close proximity to the campus, most any apartment in the area is worth consideration as far as the commute is concerned.

Generally the newer, contemporary apartment complexes are in the surrounding communities like Perrysburg, Maumee, and Sylvania. They're you'll find safety and quality but at at higher price (700 to 1000 is commonplace). Theres plenty of decent average apartment complexes throughout West and South Toledo (400 to 700 is probably commonplace for decent ones), but there can also be some bad seeds. Also if you want a more urban environment there's nice loft apartments downtown ranging anywhere from 500 to 1500 depending on your preference. Also the historic Old West End neighborhood adjacent to Downtown has many big old Victorian homes converted into unique apartments. Any of these locations in the metro area are still under a half hours drive from UTMC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo