Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,870 times

Advertisements

This seems to be an ongoing question, but no recent posts. I will be moving to Toledo in a few weeks to attend med school and will need housing which is: 1) safe 2) as close to Health Sciences Campus (prefer walking, but on bus route considered) 3) mid range cost 4) prefer apt/condo over a house. I have no pets, no children and am single. I am not opposed to finding another med student with whom to share an apartment/condo, but do not know anyone in the area. Any suggestions will be appreciated! TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 PM

911 posts, read 2,601,290 times
the general area around UT isnt very safe, west toledo off secor is your best bet. stay off of bancroft for sure, also dorr.

apartments to stay away from are: kenwood gardens and that general area between central and douglas all the way to bancroft.

i hope this helps a great deal.

remember, west side is alot safer than other sides of toledo

Old 06-21-2011, 08:38 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,991,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
the general area around UT isnt very safe, west toledo off secor is your best bet. stay off of bancroft for sure, also dorr.

apartments to stay away from are: kenwood gardens and that general area between central and douglas all the way to bancroft.

i hope this helps a great deal.

remember, west side is alot safer than other sides of toledo
The poster will be attending UTMC (the health sciences campus), so the "general area around UT" advice doesn't apply as much. Though the UT shuttles are probably nicer to ride and more frequent than TARTA, but I have no firsthand knowledge. There are some apartment complexes near UTMC and within walking distance. I would not say they are overly safe nor overly dangerous, but from my experience they aren't all that pleasant.

I would shoot for living in either the Heatherdowns/Crossgates or Arlington areas. I'd define Heatherdowns/Crossgates as being roughly bounded by Eastgate, the Turnpike, Detroit, and Glendale. I'd define Arlington as being roughly bounded by Spencer, South, and Detroit. There is not an abundance of apartment complexes in those areas (but there are a few), but they are pretty much the only areas within walking distance that I would consider. And even then, walking distance is going to mean over a mile likely, so you might want to consider biking.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 PM

896 posts, read 1,855,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post
There are some apartment complexes near UTMC and within walking distance. I would not say they are overly safe nor overly dangerous, but from my experience they aren't all that pleasant.

I would shoot for living in either the Heatherdowns/Crossgates or Arlington areas. I'd define Heatherdowns/Crossgates as being roughly bounded by Eastgate, the Turnpike, Detroit, and Glendale. I'd define Arlington as being roughly bounded by Spencer, South, and Detroit. There is not an abundance of apartment complexes in those areas (but there are a few), but they are pretty much the only areas within walking distance that I would consider. And even then, walking distance is going to mean over a mile likely, so you might want to consider biking.

Agreed. I wouldnt move to any of the apartment complexes up on/by Airport Hwy. Its not ghetto but there can be a lot of rough people around there.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:43 AM

227 posts, read 626,780 times
My general rule is to stay away from the large complexes. Airport Highway is loaded with inexpensive huge complexes, which went in before that area was part of Toledo (Adams Township), which means there was limited intervention as far as urban planning or building codes (note the deadly building fires a few years ago).

Old 07-20-2011, 06:35 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,203,176 times
Here is the link to Apartment Info (includes townhouses). It tell you price, size and other information Toledo Apartments for Rent - Toledo, OH on ApartmentGuide.com

Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,754 times
Default housing for med student 2013

KYGal60, fast forward to 2013, what apartment complexes would you recommend for incoming med students?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
View detailed profiles of: