Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:43 AM

350 posts, read 1,117,620 times

Advertisements

We're looking at the Hill Country too. We'll be visiting in April. From what I hear, it's great motorcycle riding territory. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 02:38 PM

19 posts, read 28,123 times
hello everyone and thankyou for your advise and input i dont have much time at the moment but i will respond to everyone that posts, im getting alot more info than i could have hoped for

thanks again
-jay

Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM

thanks for the link neddy

Cowboybootnut-thanks for the welcome, it definitely seems like a very nice and diverse place. and thats a good sign already a pennsylvanian would have said instead of welcome: i dont know why but you came here, now find a job in jersey, a 50mpg car, and dont talk to the locals lol

high_plains_retired thanks for the info ill keep it in mind ill have to check out the area your talking about, i basically decided im going to zig zag my way from the north to the south of texas, and i will stop at every town or area that someone reccomended, after all i will have 18 days im just afraid ill fall in love with the first town is see and only spend my time there

Old 01-20-2009, 07:20 PM

momojojo- Im thinking ill be heading down in may so far but if i go in april send you a message maybe our schedules will intersect?, im always up for meeting new people and making friends

Old 01-20-2009, 07:30 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
If you come to Texas in April. ALL of Texas will about be at it's very best in April. So most every place should impress you. Oh me?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 PM

well thats good news but its what im afraid of too , my boss should be scared that i wont come back, i might just call back home and tell my parents to sell everything because im not coming back haha jk

Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnFcowboy View Post
high_plains_retired thanks for the info ill keep it in mind ill have to check out the area your talking about, i basically decided im going to zig zag my way from the north to the south of texas, and i will stop at every town or area that someone reccomended, after all i will have 18 days im just afraid ill fall in love with the first town is see and only spend my time there
As you may have been reading, the natural scenery on the High Plains of Texas can be somewhat mundane as compared to some parts of Texas. However, having lived in the green pineywoods of deep east Texas, the lowlands of New Orleans, the nation's Capital full of historic sites and buildings, and the cool mountains of central New Mexico, I selected the Texas High Plains for retirement not so much for its scenery but for its people. Regardless of where in Texas you decide to settle, it sounds from your posts that Texas will be a better place when you get here.

Be careful on that Sportster if you do decide to ride across some of the Texas High Plains. Some of our spring time winds here can literally blow a small car off the road.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
and dont let them big ole tumbleweeds hit ya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
As you may have been reading, the natural scenery on the High Plains of Texas can be somewhat mundane as compared to some parts of Texas. However, having lived in the green pineywoods of deep east Texas, the lowlands of New Orleans, the nation's Capital full of historic sites and buildings, and the cool mountains of central New Mexico, I selected the Texas High Plains for retirement not so much for its scenery but for its people. Regardless of where in Texas you decide to settle, it sounds from your posts that Texas will be a better place when you get here.

Be careful on that Sportster if you do decide to ride across some of the Texas High Plains. Some of our spring time winds here can literally blow a small car off the road.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
and dont let them big ole tumbleweeds hit ya!!!
A VW-sized tumbleweed rolling for five miles at an average High Plains spring wind speed of 60 mph could intimidate even a Harley couldn't it? Let's hope they don't get a chance though.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Why not El Paso TX? If you listen to the hype there is no better place to ride out the resession, the economy is booming even though we are one of the poorest regions on the border.. We have low income jobs, if you know spanish.. our home prices cant be beat! So Come on down to El Paso TX because YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas