Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 05:19 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post

Nice.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,566,370 times
yeah.. congrats to Ft Worth if they can pull that off. arent they already working on some of the infrastructure? does Ft Worth have many other major park developments happening/proposed? obviously the Trinity plan is pretty major. just trying to figure out what city in Texas comes in 2nd in terms of park development/quality of life improvements, behind Houston?

Quote:
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and Houston's luxury home market is no exception, growing bigger and grander in recent years.
Houston's most expensive homes sold in 2014, according to Houston Association of Realtors - Houston Business Journal

Old 02-15-2015, 06:16 PM

638 posts, read 569,180 times
Default TT never disappoints.

[quote=texastallest;38456959]yeah.. Congrats to ft worth if they can pull that off. Arent they already working on some of the infrastructure? Does ft worth have many other major park developments happening/proposed? Obviously the trinity plan is pretty major. Just trying to figure out what city in texas comes in 2nd in terms of park development/quality of life improvements, behind houston?

so classy dude. (sarcasm)

Last edited by Jimmy1953; 02-15-2015 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-15-2015, 07:39 PM

whats so déclassé about asking a few simple questions? im not as familiar with Ft Worth as i am Dallas but it seems they could be a sleeper, potentially taking that 2nd place spot i was inquiring about.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 PM

420 posts, read 706,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
whats so déclassé about asking a few simple questions? im not as familiar with Ft Worth as i am Dallas but it seems they could be a sleeper, potentially taking that 2nd place spot i was inquiring about.

That 1st place spot for parks doesn't belong to Houston, it's Austin. The Trust for Public Land isn't too impressed over Houston's parks, which they rank as 6th in the state behind Austin, Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth, and El Paso.

ParkScore

ParkScore

Old 02-15-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
That 1st place spot for parks doesn't belong to Houston, it's Austin. The Trust for Public Land isn't too impressed over Houston's parks, which they rank as 6th in the state behind Austin, Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth, and El Paso.

ParkScore

ParkScore
you're telling me Austin has over $1 Billion in park developments on the boards/taking place?

Quote:
in terms of park development/quality of life improvements
note: im not talking about where cities are currently at (though not all of that Park Score thing seems right to me, but what do i know). im talking about what city is doing the most to improve themselves.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:05 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
you're telling me Austin has over $1 Billion in park developments on the boards/taking place?

note: im not talking about where cities are currently at (though not all of that Park Score thing seems right to me, but what do i know). im talking about what city is doing the most to improve themselves.
Not doing research as usual.......Over-hyping Houston parks again.....just stew in your wrongness and calm down.....

Like I said before..Houston has 1 billion currently invested in park redevelopment because Houston parks need it....(The rankings show that)..If they didn't I don't think the city of Houston would be that dumb to waste "1Billion" dollars on something that didn't need it.

I noticed how eager you were to point out your opinion on how you think Ft.Worth TRP "Blows Dallas' out of the water"..I can't argue with your opinion because it's your opinion. But the reality is. The only advantages the Ft.Worth project has over Dallas is that it's moving a lot faster than Dallas'. The Ft.Worth project is a very nice project...no doubt about it. I think the speed that they are getting things done is quite impressive. The Dallas project is 5or6 times LARGER than the Ft.Worth project so of course it has a lot more amenities and components that has to concurrently fall into place. So naturally Dallas' project is and will see more delays in progress...So while Ft.Worth should and is getting accolades for zooming through construction of their project...the ending products of the two projects leaves Dallas' overshadowing Ft.Worths by a lot.

The good thing is that both awesome projects are connected in DFW.

Last edited by dallasboi; 02-16-2015 at 05:30 AM..

Old 02-16-2015, 08:05 AM

638 posts, read 569,180 times
Default Dallas streetcars to Oak Cliff starting

Houston vs. Dallas-dart-exterior-end-view2-300x168.jpg

Streetcars will roll into Oak Cliff on April 13 | Dallas Morning News

Old 02-16-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Not doing research as usual.......Over-hyping Houston parks again.....just stew in your wrongness and calm down.....

Like I said before..Houston has 1 billion currently invested in park redevelopment because Houston parks need it....(The rankings show that)..If they didn't I don't think the city of Houston would be that dumb to waste "1Billion" dollars on something that didn't need it.

I noticed how eager you were to point out your opinion on how you think Ft.Worth TRP "Blows Dallas' out of the water"..I can't argue with your opinion because it's your opinion. But the reality is. The only advantages the Ft.Worth project has over Dallas is that it's moving a lot faster than Dallas'. The Ft.Worth project is a very nice project...no doubt about it. I think the speed that they are getting things done is quite impressive. The Dallas project is 5or6 times LARGER than the Ft.Worth project so of course it has a lot more amenities and components that has to concurrently fall into place. So naturally Dallas' project is and will see more delays in progress...So while Ft.Worth should and is getting accolades for zooming through construction of their project...the ending products of the two projects leaves Dallas' overshadowing Ft.Worths by a lot.

The good thing is that both awesome projects are connected in DFW.
what research am i not doing? how am i overhyping Houston parks? what wrongness should i stew in and how do i calm down when im not irate?

so spending money to improve residents quality of life is considered a "waste" to you? wow..
im still trying to figure out how Houston parks are so terrible when they have the most annual visitors out of any parks in Texas.

how eager i was to point out Ft Worths superior plans? nah.. i believe kdogg or someone else brought it up first. im still trying to figure out how you consider a couple 20 acre ponds to be 5-6 times larger than the Ft Worth project, with "a lot more amenities and components". the Dallas project has dwindled down into almost nothing, while the Ft Worth project continues chugging along with their envisioned plan..

oh, and a refresher...

Houston - City of Parks

Quote:
Here's a thought that didn't come from the folks who brought us that awkward "City of No Limits" slogan: Houston – City of Parks.

The suggestion came from an astute visitor, the renowned landscape architect Thomas Woltz.

More than a half-dozen of the nation's top landscape design firms have either recently completed or are engaged in major Bayou City projects.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:35 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
what research am i not doing? how am i overhyping Houston parks? what wrongness should i stew in and how do i calm down when im not irate?

so spending money to improve residents quality of life is considered a "waste" to you? wow..
im still trying to figure out how Houston parks are so terrible when they have the most annual visitors out of any parks in Texas.

how eager i was to point out Ft Worths superior plans? nah.. i believe kdogg or someone else brought it up first. im still trying to figure out how you consider a couple 20 acre ponds to be 5-6 times larger than the Ft Worth project, with "a lot more amenities and components". the Dallas project has dwindled down into almost nothing, while the Ft Worth project continues chugging along with their envisioned plan..

oh, and a refresher...

Houston - City of Parks
Its not even fun arguing with ill informed ignorance.......

If you think that Dallas will settle for two ponds like you are hoping then you are in for a rude awakening. Dallas is known for stepping up to the plate when needed.....If Dallas were planning on half doing this HUGE park project then the whole project would already be done...As many years as its taking to get the ball rolling (it is rolling) Its no way Dallas would settle for a half done non-noteworthy pile of mess that you are praying for. You cheering for the Ft.Worth Project is by no way an insult to Dallas. These are two awsome projects on two totally different scales in the same metropolitan area.....a win/win situation if you ask me.

Well no...Spending money to improve the quality of life for residents is actually a good idea.....But when you brag on the parks as if they are already perfect then spending an EXTRA 1BILLION on them is very wasteful...If the parks are perfect then spend that 1BILLION on rail....Don't fix whats not broken..right??........So face the fact that The Houston parks need it!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas