Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,468,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
Uh, Houston compares city-to-city because Houston doesn't rely on another major city in its metropolitan area to boost its statistics. Dallas consistently associates Fort Worth into anything (economy, population and any statistical related for that matter).

Houston is Houston. We are the 4th largest city in the nation and don't need to rely on the 16th largest city in the nation to boost our 9th largest (and falling) city image!
Go back where you came from....People dont even say this stuff anymore....You sound like 3 years ago.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:40 PM

84 posts, read 242,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Since when do southerners or Texans give a damn about hockey? Please tell me y'all aren't serious about arguing over a Yankee sport.

Is that what we're battling over now? Who can be more like Canada? Gtfo.
Seriously? Hockey has become very popular in Dallas! It's nothing like up North, but to discredit those who play it and love the sport is childish at best.

I mean, with how many transplants there are now in Texas, obviously hockey will gain ground.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 PM

84 posts, read 242,886 times
Quote:
Uh, Houston compares city-to-city because Houston doesn't rely on another major city in its metropolitan area to boost its statistics. Dallas consistently associates Fort Worth into anything (economy, population and any statistical related for that matter).
I'd love for you to tell that to folks in the other forums for Seattle-Tacoma, San Francisco-Oakland, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Tampa-St. Petersburg, and Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 7,442 times
Quote:

Houston is Houston. We are the 4th largest city in the nation and don't need to rely on the 16th largest city in the nation to boost our 9th largest (and falling) city image!
Let's see, the last I checked,
City of Houston- Area City 601.3 sq mi (1,558 km2)
City of Dallas - Area City 385.0 sq mi (997.1 km2)
So what are we comparing? A Pig with a Fawn ?

Old 04-18-2012, 02:03 PM

37 posts, read 30,507 times
Can we just turn this into a Houston and Dallas VS Austin thread? I like Austin (and their attitudes) a lot less than I like Houston.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,065,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Minded View Post
Can we just turn this into a Houston and Dallas VS Austin thread? I like Austin (and their attitudes) a lot less than I like Houston.
No please, this thread is out of control and needs to die as it is.

If you want new topics you need to start new ones, not add on.

I assume you are talking about Austintude.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM

37 posts, read 30,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
no please, this thread is out of control and needs to die as it is.

If you want new topics you need to start new ones, not add on.

I assume you are talking about austintude.
thanks captain serious

Old 04-18-2012, 03:28 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,538,938 times
Good lord, I'm LOLing at the fact that some of you think Houston stole an NFL franchise from us. Anyone that has watched a season of NFL in their life would know that the Dallas Texans are now the Kansas City Chiefs and have been forever. The fact that their throwback uniforms have the state of Texas on the helmet should have tipped you off. All you did is copy Dallas and steal our former mascot.

And I agree that the fan support for the NHL is not strong enough in the south for two Texas teams. Still doesn't change the fact that they moved the one and only NHL franchise in Texas to Dallas. And that's because Dallas is clearly the superior sports town of the two cities. It's why we are one of five cities in the country to have our own dedicated ESPN regional website and reporters.

Let's also not forget the history of MLS soccer. It was the Hunt family of Dallas that helped even get MLS off the ground and rolling. So without us, you wouldn't have a reason to build that pretty new Dynamo Stadium.

Last but not least --

Dallas Cowboys: 5 championships
Dallas Stars: 1 championship
Dallas Mavericks: 1 championship

vs.

Houston Rockets: 2 championships
Houston Dynamo: 2 championships

Game over. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ClarenceBodiker; 04-18-2012 at 03:39 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,362,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The Oilers weren't "ran out of town". They became the Tennessee Titans because Tennessee needed a team.

If that was the case do you think Houston's prominent urban/Hip Hop community would still be repping the city with retro Oilers jerseys & ball caps on their songs & music videos? Go in any sports apparel store or website & you will see the Oilers are one of the best selling teams of all time.

I don't see Dallas' urban community repping the Dallas Texans which are now the Houston Texans. We took your teams name.
Who's still wearing that?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,362,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Good lord, I'm LOLing at the fact that some of you think Houston stole an NFL franchise from us. Anyone that has watched a season of NFL in their life would know that the Dallas Texans are now the Kansas City Chiefs and have been forever. The fact that their throwback uniforms have the state of Texas on the helmet should have tipped you off. All you did is copy Dallas and steal our former mascot.

And I agree that the fan support for the NHL is not strong enough in the south for two Texas teams. Still doesn't change the fact that they moved the one and only NHL franchise in Texas to Dallas. And that's because Dallas is clearly the superior sports town of the two cities. It's why we are one of five cities in the country to have our own dedicated ESPN regional website and reporters.

Let's also not forget the history of MLS soccer. It was the Hunt family of Dallas that helped even get MLS off the ground and rolling. So without us, you wouldn't have a reason to build that pretty new Dynamo Stadium.

Last but not least --

Dallas Cowboys: 5 championships
Dallas Stars: 1 championship
Dallas Mavericks: 1 championship

vs.

Houston Rockets: 2 championships
Houston Dynamo: 2 championships

Game over. Hope this helps.
"Us"? I doubt "you" had anything to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas