Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 07:21 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQgritz View Post
The fact you have a certain sterotype about a city with over 1.2 million very diverse residents really exposes your ignorance.
Quote:
The similarities between Houston and LA are the third world feel in certain areas and the freeway sprawl traffic, everything else is COMPLETELY different.

Phoenix like Dallas... LOL... You're dismissed.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:14 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
The similarities between Houston and LA are the third world feel in certain areas and the freeway sprawl traffic, everything else is COMPLETELY different.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:47 PM

371 posts, read 940,885 times
hi guys I checked out some houses in N Dallas today, was thinking about to see the houses near Arlington and Fort WOrth, but realtor said those areas ain't anything near as nice as N Dallas, is that true? Was thinking about checking out those cities....I know it's smaller should I cehck it out also?

also what are some average areas near dallas? like average price houses, average income, crime rate etc. thanks

Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston IS the melting pot of Texas & the whole entire Southern United States.

Dallas' diversity is found in its many suburbs, the city itself not so much.

Austin is the least diverse & cultured of the three.
I don't see how you can say Dallas is not diverse and the suburbs are - I find it to be the opposite. There are a few diverse suburbs but only Dallas has the truly wealthy mixed in...

Old 12-09-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't see how you can say Dallas is not diverse and the suburbs are - I find it to be the opposite. There are a few diverse suburbs but only Dallas has the truly wealthy mixed in...
Not much of Dallas suburbs are diverse. Maybe parts of Richardson and some of Garland. The "Big Southwest" (I think that's what it is called) is just black and white mostly. Most other suburbs are just...plain. But DFW is still not as diverse as Houston. Only 43% of the Houston Metro is classified as Caucasian, while in DFW, it is 54%.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,852 times
OK OK let me clarify.

Dallas is to Houston what S.F. is to L.A. Not to say Dallas is anything like S.F. in natural setting, weather, etc. but when you really think about it, Dallasites seem to have a similar opinion of Houston as San Franciscans do of L.A. Houston is definitely more like L.A. than Dallas is S.F., but its still really really cold up there! I'll never forget the first time I went to San Francisco the temperature actually dropped as the day went by. It was like 65 in the morning and like 50 in the afternoon and this was September!

I think I'm actually about to move to Dallas next year, so I guess I'll get a resident's perspective then! And even though I like Houston more, I'm actually kinda lookin forward to it. (Don't flame me Houston bros!)

Old 12-11-2008, 09:33 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,852 times
Oh, and by the way, I've never heard a more spot-on comparison than the guy who said Houston is a mix of L.A., N.O. and Atlanta. That couldn't be more true.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Dallas consists of 4 ethnic groups for the most part

Whites to the north, Blacks to the south, Hispanics to the west, & Asians in old East Dallas. Pretty segregated compared to Houston if you ask me.

Dallas suburbs like Garland, Mesquite, Richardson, Carrollton, & Plano is where the diversity lays which is pretty much the opposite of Houston where its diversity is found in its core.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 12-11-2008 at 11:28 PM..

Old 12-11-2008, 10:44 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas consists of 3 ethnic groups for the most part

Whites to the north, Blacks to the south, Hispanics to the west, & Asians in old East Dallas. Pretty segregated compared to Houston if you ask me.
I never was a math whiz...but it looks like you have put four ethnic groups in a post where you claim there are only three ethnic groups...

Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
I never was a math whiz...but it looks like you have put four ethnic groups in a post where you claim there are only three ethnic groups...
Well he did say "for the most part", so he probably meant the first three...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas