Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 11:54 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,381,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
^^^Ha! But Dallas is so innocent in all this right? They don't have time to even give Houston a second thought; negative or positive. lol. Matter of fact, Dallas is actually the one that started this whole Hou/Dal rivalry that's been going on since the dark-ages by always trying to one-up on something.

This article too dispels the notion that Dallasites never think about Houston.
Yawn... You're right Stoneclaw. Dallas talks smack about Houston, Houston talks smack about Dallas. And, on and on, and on and on and on and on...

I'm with Gandhi. I'm ending my participation in this nonsense for more intelligent dialogue.

Peace out.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 PM

121 posts, read 145,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
If you take all the luxury and boutique shopping in DFW or Houston and add up all that space how much would you really have. When you start talking about 5-10 million Sq ft in one area of town there is no way that is all luxury or boutique storefront space. Plus a lot of people are just using those storefronts to check out the merchandise then going home and ordering on the internet for the best price they can find which may be from another retailer.

My guess is a lot of this planned space will not come to fruition in either place.
I agree. A lot of developments get trumped by others and don't see the light of day. But of five significant developments in this area of far North Dallas, two of them are well under way with one being the aforementioned Grandscape and the other being the smallest of these developments and called West Plano Village Shopping Center. Another one is going to involve the Dallas Cowboys as an anchor as they move from Irving to Frisco. Another development is going to involve a Whole Foods which has become the craze today which is using a specialty grocery store as an anchor. The last one involves property around the struggling JC Penneys and it is on the west side of Dallas Parkway across from the popular Legacy Town Center on the east.

According to the Omaha World Press, the adjoining properties outside of Grandscape, when added along with its 3.8 million square feet, will add up to an incredible amount.

I can imagine many of these developments will develop more in stages for decades while others alter their master plans drastically in the future adding residential to them.

Last edited by Gandhi the baby deer; 02-16-2014 at 03:38 PM..

Old 02-16-2014, 05:59 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,276,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Yawn... You're right Stoneclaw. Dallas talks smack about Houston, Houston talks smack about Dallas. And, on and on, and on and on and on and on...

I'm with Gandhi. I'm ending my participation in this nonsense for more intelligent dialogue.

Peace out.
Good for you. And I mean that. Becuz it shouldnt have been started in the 1st place. Lol

Old 02-17-2014, 12:06 AM

328 posts, read 472,118 times
Default meanwhile

While we continue to argue Houston v. Dallas, Los Angeles has poured the foundation for the newest, tallest building west of the Mississippi. It will surpass the current, second tallest, just a few blocks away, also in Los Angeles.

Yahoo!

Until either Dallas or Houston builds its next supertall, one that exceeds the heights of BOTH of those in LA, this entire thread is nothing but a circle you-know-what. Give it a rest. Until then, we're just arguing about who has the finest dog house.

Bragging about stuff built in the eighties is trite and boring. It's all about the here and now, folks. The here and now. Please.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 AM

342 posts, read 686,007 times
Ive actually lived in both cities and to be honest you really can't compare the two. Each city is suited for different lifestyles, it would be like comparing a bmw m5 and a Mercedes c-class. Both very nice cars but they are for different people living a certain lifestyle. But from my experience Houston is very diverse and has alot of culture hell Houston has gay mayor. Houston is a fast paced city, with beach access and very close to Louisiana, SA and Austin. Houston has probably the worst traffic in Texas and with the diversity comes foreign drivers which results to Houston having the worst drivers in Texas. Oh yeah Houston is much connected by the Mexican cartel than Dallas which is terrible. Dallas for the most part very easy to get around, and have a melting pot of little cities around it. Dallas has a very peaceful nice night scene which you don't have to worry about being shot by a stray bullet or your car broken into. Dallas have some very good schools I've actually graduated high school out there and learned more out there in school than I've learned in Houston. But the think that have me picking Houston over Dallas was the flat out racism I experienced in Dallas. Ive been called racial slurs more times in my life during my time in Dallas than any other place in my life. BTW I went to college in Baton Rouge so that's saying something. The blandness of Dallas and lack of culture is what I didn't like. So based on my experience alone ill pick houston over Dallas everyday, because you can avoid traffic and you can get insurance for bad drivers but you can't fix racism. Sorry for any errors im doing this from my phone so its kind of hard to see.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:28 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,569,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
Ive actually lived in both cities and to be honest you really can't compare the two. Each city is suited for different lifestyles, it would be like comparing a bmw m5 and a Mercedes c-class. Both very nice cars but they are for different people living a certain lifestyle. But from my experience Houston is very diverse and has alot of culture hell Houston has gay mayor. Houston is a fast paced city, with beach access and very close to Louisiana, SA and Austin. Houston has probably the worst traffic in Texas and with the diversity comes foreign drivers which results to Houston having the worst drivers in Texas. Oh yeah Houston is much connected by the Mexican cartel than Dallas which is terrible. Dallas for the most part very easy to get around, and have a melting pot of little cities around it. Dallas has a very peaceful nice night scene which you don't have to worry about being shot by a stray bullet or your car broken into. Dallas have some very good schools I've actually graduated high school out there and learned more out there in school than I've learned in Houston. But the think that have me picking Houston over Dallas was the flat out racism I experienced in Dallas. Ive been called racial slurs more times in my life during my time in Dallas than any other place in my life. BTW I went to college in Baton Rouge so that's saying something. The blandness of Dallas and lack of culture is what I didn't like. So based on my experience alone ill pick houston over Dallas everyday, because you can avoid traffic and you can get insurance for bad drivers but you can't fix racism. Sorry for any errors im doing this from my phone so its kind of hard to see.
interesting perspective.. i dont really agree with everything, but everyone has their own opinions. haha

Old 02-17-2014, 11:42 AM

@texastallest what don't you agree with?

@jack lance so what do you mean by mole? How am I bashing? I don't think im off base I didn't say anything inaccurate about the traffic or Crime. I was listing things that comes to mind when I think about my experience in both cities. Sorry I didnt type it to your liking.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:58 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,512,274 times
Quote:
@texastallest what don't you agree with?

@jack lance so what do you mean by mole? How am I bashing? I don't think im off base I didn't say anything inaccurate about the traffic or Crime. I was listing things that comes to mind when I think about my experience in both cities. Sorry I didnt type it to your liking.
Like I said in the post that I subsequently deleted, with endorsements like the one you gave to Houston who needs bashing.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:48 PM

@jack lance ...Lets get it clear I love Houston, and gave my fair share of bad experiences of both sides. I'm speaking from experience so its not bashing. Bashing would be me having no knowledge of what I'm talking about and just saying negative things just to be saying them. Its no different than me saying I've been to chilis and had a burger so I will not be going back again. Is that bashing? No just stating an experience. Bashing would be more like I hate chilis, I heard the food suck, they are dirty etc. When I never been...does that make sense?

Old 02-17-2014, 01:47 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,512,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Like I said in the post that I subsequently deleted, with endorsements like the one you gave to Houston who needs bashing.
Quote:
@jack lance ...Lets get it clear I love Houston, and gave my fair share of bad experiences of both sides. I'm speaking from experience so its not bashing. Bashing would be me having no knowledge of what I'm talking about and just saying negative things just to be saying them. Its no different than me saying I've been to chilis and had a burger so I will not be going back again. Is that bashing? No just stating an experience. Bashing would be more like I hate chilis, I heard the food suck, they are dirty etc. When I never been...does that make sense?
Let me break down the quote for you raymon. I said with "endorsements" (an act of giving one's public approval or support to someone or something.) like the one you gave in the post in question. Who needs "bashing" (To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism.). I explicitly imply that there is no "bashing" going on in your post. However with the imagery of wayward bullets and stifling traffic, you do not exactly paint a pleasant picture of life in Houston. OK got it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas