Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 06:00 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times

Advertisements

San Antonio by far. San Antonio has local flavor and is less like a chain megalopolis. But since the rules are pick Dallas or Houston i guess Houston. Not the lame reason like weather(who cares that why we create our own little environments inside) but Houston has more national spotlight and has a better nightlife by far. (not to mention its so close to the beach) Dallas feels a bit soulless as you drive through it.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:32 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,760 times
Dallas to me is like a plastic city. It is a city full of franchise restaurant versus the diversity of Houston. I do think Dallas is the fashion city of the South and Southwest. Nobody can outdress a Dallas woman

Old 09-29-2007, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,300 times
Default Houston at night

Someone once said that Houston's skyline looks better in the day than at night and I tend to disagree. While I love its beautiful skyline anytime it's quite a spectacular sight at night. Drive into Houston on I-10 (or any nearby freeway) at night and you'll see how massive the skyscrapers are and the fine architecture within. But you don't have to be downtown to appreciate its beauty, there's areas of the city where at certain angles several of Houston's skylines combine that make a sparkling spectacle. I think that's what makes the beauty of Houston's buildings is the number of skylines it actually has, not just a single pocket of buildings but several groups.

Dallas also has a massive and beautiful skyline and in some ways the two are very similar except Dallas has a few more uniquely shaped structures similar to some in large Australian cities like Perth, Sydney and Melbourne. I'm a Houston fan at heart and I love it so much, so I have to give it to the big H.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:48 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Dallas to me is like a plastic city. It is a city full of franchise restaurant versus the diversity of Houston.
What in the world does this mean?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:49 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixnmatchER View Post
erm...Dallas ...well what can i say ...lmao....lived their 6 months ,boreing nightlife,inbred people and too many ethnics,many bible bashers ,a tiny river (trinity)that smelled so awful,too dusty lifeless,road system suks big time,poor base ball team,over rated football team(used to be good) bunches of people with very poor driving skills,too many drugs in the area,many fat people,too many rednecks who hate black people and black people who hate rednecks,many dumb mexicans(reason being if i was a Mexican i would be trying escape back over the border not stay their lmao)erm....to many people with bad teeth that resemble a tarmacers rake, or no teeth,ugly woman,been to DFW,seemed same way inclined,maybe this is a lil too strong for this forum but i say whay i see,erm....seems you either have to be rich or poor to live their as theirs no inbetweens.
So i guess i would pick neither,as my gut feeling is Texas has not got any nice citys,btw san antonio is a top 3 city? hahahaha i didnt even know what state san antonio was in until i lived in Texas,i do know that far more people know of Dallas compared to Houston though,does that mean anything though? lol anyways nice forum ,il give you that

Mr.R Soles.
another country
can you translate this to english please?

Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
What in the world does this mean?
To me it means fake, unoriginal, bandwagon-ish, etc. Ever been to LA/OC? If you combined the pretentiousness/uptightness of DFW combined with the grit of Houston, you'd have a metro called New Los Angeles.

And although mixnmatchER 's post wasn't composed with 100% proper grammar, I and anyone else with a decent grip of English can understand what he's trying to say.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:24 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Quote:
Dallas to me is like a plastic city. It is a city full of franchise restaurant versus the diversity of Houston. I do think Dallas is the fashion city of the South and Southwest. Nobody can outdress a Dallas woman
Lol...I CAN and DO..

Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
To me it means fake, unoriginal, bandwagon-ish, etc. Ever been to LA/OC? If you combined the pretentiousness/uptightness of DFW combined with the grit of Houston, you'd have a metro called New Los Angeles.
Sorry to get of topic here but... uh... as a Fort Worth native, I would just like to say that this little rivalry here is between YOU Houstonians and YOU Dallasites, OK, NOT DFW. This is Houston vs. Dallas, not Houston vs. Dallas, Ft. Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Irving, Southlake, Mansfield...........this looks familiar.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM

609 posts, read 2,921,855 times
Quote:
I do think Dallas has lots of good mom and pop restaurants too.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:52 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darad View Post
Someone once said that Houston's skyline looks better in the day than at night and I tend to disagree. While I love its beautiful skyline anytime it's quite a spectacular sight at night. Drive into Houston on I-10 (or any nearby freeway) at night and you'll see how massive the skyscrapers are and the fine architecture within. But you don't have to be downtown to appreciate its beauty, there's areas of the city where at certain angles several of Houston's skylines combine that make a sparkling spectacle. I think that's what makes the beauty of Houston's buildings is the number of skylines it actually has, not just a single pocket of buildings but several groups.

Dallas also has a massive and beautiful skyline and in some ways the two are very similar except Dallas has a few more uniquely shaped structures similar to some in large Australian cities like Perth, Sydney and Melbourne. I'm a Houston fan at heart and I love it so much, so I have to give it to the big H.
Houston does have some great buildings.

In this artwork of world buildings, two Houston buildings were actually included. No Dallas buildings... but a few others from NYC, Chicago, Philly, Seattle, and SF are in there.

33 World Buildings - SkyscraperPage.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas