Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 07:51 PM

20 posts, read 20,107 times

Advertisements

30 years ago on this day (February 28th), the ATF began a raid on a church they claim to have believed to be stockpiling illegal weapons. They burnt the church down, killing 86 men, women, and children. Not a single illegal weapon was found. All the guns recovered that had readable serial numbers were all legally owned.

Last edited by Mapmatician; 02-28-2023 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 08:23 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,761 posts, read 58,170,577 times
We won't forget that one. I was working in Taiwan at the time. My coworkers asked a lot of questions, and were very surprised at Texas and ATF response. Timothy McVeigh was watching too.

We've come so far in better understanding each other, and less divisiveness.

Not to my observation, instead.... Several degrees worse.

The world and our enemies (within) are watching very closely.

Old 02-28-2023, 09:11 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,641,493 times
Murder of Branch Davidian religious sect, undoubtedly far out there in their doctrines and beliefs, but still no known laws were broken by them/their members and the one that they had a beef with came to town every weekend (David Koresh) and could have easily been detained in town or on the rural roadways. Burn 'em out and burn 'em down ! Way to go Feds.

Then there was the assault on Randy Weaver and his family on their homestead where his 14 year old son and his wife were taken out by unrestrained federal agents.

All by the strong armed flexing DOJ under Janet Reno and Bill Clintoon. Another case of the militant Dems getting away with pure unadulterated violence and in these cases murder.

Old 02-28-2023, 10:32 PM

5,469 posts, read 7,766,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
but still no known laws were broken by them/their members
Well, they did fire on Federal agents serving search warrant.

When did that become legal?

Old 03-01-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Well, they did fire on Federal agents serving search warrant.

When did that become legal?
When at first fired on by Federal agents? Just a guess here that when attacked we all have a God given right of self defense.

Of course it has never been determined who fired first but several ATF agents later said a team had been sent in to neutralize (shoot) the Branch Davidians' dogs in kennels. There is also some reports of an accidental discharge by an ATF agent.

So you know, for a fact, that those guarding the BD compound assaulted the ATF agents first, firing the 1st shot?

Old 03-01-2023, 08:49 AM

9,931 posts, read 6,647,504 times
Netflix had an interesting series on this a couple of years ago. I’m not sure how accurate it was. I know they change the details in these events to make the movies better

Old 03-01-2023, 08:55 AM

5,469 posts, read 7,766,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
When at first fired on by Federal agents? Just a guess here that when attacked we all have a God given right of self defense.

Of course it has never been determined who fired first but several ATF agents later said a team had been sent in to neutralize (shoot) the Branch Davidians' dogs in kennels. There is also some reports of an accidental discharge by an ATF agent.

So you know, for a fact, that those guarding the BD compound assaulted the ATF agents first, firing the 1st shot?
Um...no. You NOT have a "God-given right" to fire on Federal agents.

And I promise you there is NOTHING in Federal law that makes firing on law enforcement legal under any circumstances, even if the police did fire first which is something that is very much at dispute here.

Otherwise any time there was ever a police shoot-out the suspects would be legally entitled to fire back and kill as many police officers as they wanted.

Last edited by texasdiver; 03-01-2023 at 09:23 AM..

Old 03-01-2023, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Um...no. You NOT have a God-Given right to fire on Federal agents.

And I promise you there is NOTHING in Federal law that makes firing on law enforcement legal under any circumstances, even if the police did fire first which is something that is very much at dispute here.
Nice opinion counselor !

Old 03-01-2023, 10:11 AM

869 posts, read 321,325 times
Quote:
Um...no. You NOT have a "God-given right" to fire on Federal agents.

Otherwise any time there was ever a police shoot-out the suspects would be legally entitled to fire back and kill as many police officers as they wanted.

So, lemme get this straight...if an officer has a gun pointed at you (after just killing my dogs), and you know for a fact that you're about to die (irrelevant to me...if you so much as point a gun at me, I MOST CERTAINLY have the right to assume that you're about to shoot it...whether that's your intention or not isn't my concern), you're telling me that you're just going to sit there and die?

Wow...

I think you have it backwards sir...MAN'S LAW may say you can't fire upon an agent...but GOD'S LAW most DEFINITELY gives me the right to defend me and mine.

Old 03-01-2023, 11:10 AM

6,514 posts, read 7,557,249 times
Remember the Waco Siege?
Whenever "The 90s" American popular culture/events is brought, it usually includes the Iraq War, Seinfeld, OJ Simpson, The Chicago Bulls, Monica Lewensky, The Simpsons, MTV, Grunge Rock/Hip Hop and of course the infamous WACO (We Ain't Coming Out) siege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas